Started by Wyz, Mon 29/09/2014 19:08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: Gurok on Fri 14/11/2014 13:14:58
Spoiler
AprilSkies?
[close]

EXACTLY!!!

Please detail how you came by the solution in a hidden post...I'm working on a game that includes exactly these kind of cryptic word puzzles and would like to know a bit about how peoples' minds work when solving them...

Mandle

Quote from: Wyz on Thu 13/11/2014 20:07:46
Quote from: Mandle on Wed 12/11/2014 04:33:24
The popularity of this thread kind of encourages me to give it another go actually...
Well that has secretly always been my intention when I made this thread of course. ;)

Well then thank you very much indeed! It's been about a year and a half since this RAM-ghost has been knocking on the door of its haunted room in my brain wanting to be let out, and I even went back to the dusty old folder it was locked away in yesterday and did some pretty productive work on it.

At the time I conceived the game I had no idea how to properly code in AGS, and I have only advanced a few steps since then, but I have awesome mentors who support the less-talented in such regards so my RAM-ghost might finally get out of its attic!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 14/11/2014 13:19:07
Please detail how you came by the solution in a hidden post...I'm working on a game that includes exactly these kind of cryptic word puzzles and would like to know a bit about how peoples' minds work when solving them...

Please warn us so we know to avoid this game when released... :grin:

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 14/11/2014 13:31:07
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 14/11/2014 13:19:07

Please warn us so we know to avoid this game when released... :grin:

Error: Walkable area ends before screen edge is reached.

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Gurok

Spoiler

Mandle: It was just a guess based on previously mentioned letter combinations. I have no idea what "after half-way through a northern leap" refers to. Maybe you could explain it to me in hidden text! I didn't really see a definition in your clue.
[close]

Purpose enjoyable with a tonic when drunk (8)
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Quote from: Gurok on Fri 14/11/2014 14:04:27
Spoiler

I have no idea what "after half-way through a northern leap" refers to.
[close]

Spoiler
"Leap" was a synonym for Spring and halfway through (the season) would mean April in the northern hemisphere. The bracketed part spelled (sic.) meaning you had to misspell "sex" as "seks", reverse it and add the "i" in the middle before putting it "after" April.
[close]

Cassiebsg

And this is why I kept walking through doors, and doors, and doors, and... 490 doors later: Eureka! (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Cuiki

Sorry, I have to do this one now. :tongue:

Somewhere he wants 1 2 noise. (9)

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see Gurok posted something already. Sorry. :-D
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Stupot

Spoiler
im going to guess that it ends with ING (gin hoes with tonic and is drunk, so it's muddled up to for ING.
As for the first part, I guess 'purpose' could be 'reason' giving us 'reasoning' but that's 9 letters and I can't think of an 8-letter word that follows this logic.
[close]

Gurok

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 15/11/2014 12:19:24

Spoiler
im going to guess that it ends with ING (gin hoes with tonic and is drunk, so it's muddled up to for ING.
As for the first part, I guess 'purpose' could be 'reason' giving us 'reasoning' but that's 9 letters and I can't think of an 8-letter word that follows this logic.
[close]

Drunk does mean rearranged letters, so that's correct, but it's not gin. Purpose is the plain clue. I'll let you keep playing with it.

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 14/11/2014 18:40:39
And this is why I kept walking through doors, and doors, and doors, and... 490 doors later: Eureka! (roll)

Is not! :P

Baron

Spoiler
function?  It is a purpose and AGS related.  Enjoyable = fun and "tonic" scrambled = ction.
[close]

Gurok

Quote from: Baron on Sun 16/11/2014 19:12:41
Spoiler
function?  It is a purpose and AGS related.  Enjoyable = fun and "tonic" scrambled = ction.
[close]

Correct, Baron! The prize is... there is no prize, sorry. It's your turn though :D

Baron

;-D  ;-D   ;-D

All righty then!  Let's devote our full attention to this one now:

Quote from: Cuiki on Fri 14/11/2014 22:58:44
Sorry, I have to do this one now. :tongue:

Somewhere he wants 1 2 noise. (9)

Cuiki

And I was starting to hope this would pass unnoticed. :undecided:

Here are a couple of hints, though:
Spoiler
I only posted this to avenge the honor of someone in this thread! := Not at all because I'm mean and childish.
[close]
Spoiler
1 and 2 shouldn't be read as numbers. They represent something else.
[close]

Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Mandle

I think I have the answer:

Spoiler
AnasAbdin

Errrmmmm...I will pass on explaining the full solution for this one, except to say that I do not think that word is spelled exactly right if it's what I think it is... :-[

"1 2 A noise" refers to "A B" represented by number code and a "DIN" is a noise
[close]

Stupot

Ahh clever. I thought the same answer based on the number of letters, but had no idea how to get there.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 17/11/2014 02:42:24
Ahh clever. I thought the same answer based on the number of letters, but had no idea how to get there.

Yeah, I too went looking for the right number of letters in a name, and reverse-engineered the solution from there. Never would have gotten it otherwise ;)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Cuiki on Sun 16/11/2014 22:41:39
Spoiler
I only posted this to avenge the honor of someone in this thread! := Not at all because I'm mean and childish.
[close]

If it is what we think it is  :P then no worries I only heard jokes about it since I recognized words :-D

For the sake of not forgetting my puzzle, here's one:

Wasted grown up photon (6)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk