AGS Cryptic

Started by Wyz, Mon 29/09/2014 19:08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Dadalus glad to see you didn't shoot yourself!

A misspelled heavy metal song(4, 2, 7)

A
G
S
related

Dadalus

do you need to know Heavy Metal to solve this? (spinning chamber as we speak :))
This has been a 'Mouse fetishist' approved message.

AnasAbdin

Kinda...

clue:
Spoiler
...by MetallicA
[close]

Mandle

Okay, I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say something like:

Spoiler
Call Of Cthulhu?

It fits the letter count plus the original song title was misspelled, although it was "The Call Of Ktulhu"
Also I'm not quite sure how it's AGS related. Unless maybe AGS stands for "A Great Story" in this case?
[close]

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 12/01/2015 00:32:55
Spoiler
Call Of Cthulhu?

It fits the letter count plus the original song title was misspelled, although it was "The Call Of Ktulhu"
Also I'm not quite sure how it's AGS related. Unless maybe AGS stands for "A Great Story" in this case?
[close]

MetallicA - The Call of Ktulu
One of my favorite working out music.

Your are correct Mandle ;)

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 12/01/2015 00:32:55I'm not quite sure how it's AGS related
:-\ ...it is an AGS game, isn't it?

Mandle

A backwards atmosphere and giant's third syllable follow behind the eye (6, 2, 4)

Adventure related...

EDIT: Changed to "giant's third syllable" and changed "eyes" to "eye" for accuracy, sorry...

Baron

Spoiler
Well "atmosphere" backwards is probably air -> rai.  The longest syllable in English is apparently "screeched", but as that's nine letters it hardly helps us.... (roll)  "Behind the eyes" could mean a bunch of i's, or something behind the eyes like a "sinus" or a "brain" (both of which unhelpfully have five letters....).  So....  I'm going to guess Realty on Norm, just because the prefix for atmosphere is "aer" and this kid called Norm used to really get up my nose. :P
[close]

Mandle

Hidden hints relating to Baron's post:

Spoiler
QuoteWell "atmosphere" backwards is probably air -> rai.

Hint:
Spoiler
Right method, wrong synonym...
[close]

QuoteThe longest syllable in English is apparently "screeched", but as that's nine letters it hardly helps us.... (roll)

Hint:
Spoiler
maybe "the giant's third syllable" is more accurate, sorry...I will update the original hint...
[close]

Quote"Behind the eyes" could mean something behind the eyes like a "sinus" or a "brain" (both of which unhelpfully have five letters....).

Hint:
Spoiler
"something behind the eyes" is correct, but not either of those words no...
[close]

QuoteSo....  I'm going to guess Realty on Norm, just because the prefix for atmosphere is "aer" and this kid called Norm used to really get up my nose. :P

Hahaha! Hilarious but wrong!
[close]

Answer's Genre Hint:
Spoiler
The answer is adventure genre related, not specifically AGS or adventure game related...
[close]

Stupot

I'm not sure how to fit 'giant' into it, but:

Spoiler

Temple of Doom
'Doom' is 'mood' spelled backwards, and mood is a kind of atmoshere.
And that follows:
'Temple' is part of the head kind of behind the eye.
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 14/01/2015 05:29:32
I'm not sure how to fit 'giant' into it, but:

Spoiler

Temple of Doom
'Doom' is 'mood' spelled backwards, and mood is a kind of atmoshere.
And that follows:
'Temple' is part of the head kind of behind the eye.
[close]

Exactly right!

The "giant's third syllable" referred to:

Spoiler
"fee-fi-fo-fum", the third being "fo" which makes "mood fo" which backwards is "of doom", as you said following "temple" which is the region of the head just behind the eyes.
[close]

WELL DONE!!!

Stupot

Ahh of course! Clever. I was thinking along the lines of some famous folkloric giant's name that had 'of(or ov)' as the third syllable, like 'Zargarov' or something. But none came to me, and a quick google search came back empty.

Cassiebsg

At least I had...
Spoiler
...doom right... but I failed to realize it would be the last word... So I thought "Doomed to Hell"... just cause it fitted the word count... (laugh) but thought... nah, too violent... (roll)
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Here's one for stupot+ and the other Japanese speakers out there just for a lark:

Toilet Humour

AGS related...

Avoided letter count to make it a bit more challenging...

So yeah: Getting the answer right depends on knowing Japanese so anyone please feel free to run an English-based puzzle simultaneously

Stupot

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 14/01/2015 16:14:15
Here's one for stupot+ and the other Japanese speakers out there just for a lark:

Toilet Humour
Spoiler

Ben Jordan :-)
Benjo = toilet
Joudan = humour/joke
[close]

(As a side, you might appreciate a joke I made on FB the other day that went largely unnoticed. There was news that a human tooth was found in some McDonald's fries in Japan.  So I said, "that's what I call a æ­¯ãÆ'Æ'ãÆ'ӋÆ'¼ã‚»ãÆ'Æ'ãÆ'ˆ"  :-D )

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 14/01/2015 16:50:22
Quote from: Mandle on Wed 14/01/2015 16:14:15

Toilet Humour
Spoiler

Ben Jordan :-)
Benjo = toilet
Joudan = humour/joke
[close]

(As a side, you might appreciate a joke I made on FB the other day that went largely unnoticed. There was news that a human tooth was found in some McDonald's fries in Japan.  So I said, "that's what I call a æ­¯ãÆ'Æ'ãÆ'ӋÆ'¼ã‚»ãÆ'Æ'ãÆ'ˆ"  :-D )

Hahaha good job on the answer and GREAT PUN also!!! YOINK!!! I'm soooo using that one with my classes starting from today!!!

Baron

Stupot

Spoiler
@ Baron
Quote from: Baron on Thu 15/01/2015 02:31:17
Ha ha!  What?
So, 'ha' means 'tooth' in Japanese, I basically said 'That's what I call a Happy Meal,' but exchanged the first 'ha' with the character for 'tooth', so it's read the same, but with the added dental meaning :-).
[close]

But, not to derail the thread, here's another (easy) clue:

More than a small horse, Initial-D.

Baron

Spoiler
Düberpony! ;-D
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Baron on Thu 15/01/2015 02:31:17
Ha ha!  What?

Either sheer genius or a great unintentional pun as well!!!

Dadalus

I've just put on a song by The Vapors...
This has been a 'Mouse fetishist' approved message.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk