AGS Cryptic

Started by Wyz, Mon 29/09/2014 19:08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 15/02/2015 23:53:06
I'll leave the next one for someone else to come up with.

I'll just sidle in here with....

Turbulent air of a flightless bird. (3,4)

Spoiler
AGS related.
[close]

AnasAbdin

Spoiler
flightless bird = rail
air = ether
turbulent air = e the r

The Rail?
[close]

Baron

Nice guess, but not what I was thinking of. :)  Your logic is very compelling, however, so if no one guesses the right answer I'll decide you are correct after all. ;)

Mandle

But it's so obvious!!!

Spoiler
EMU WIND!!!
[close]

(laugh)

Stupot

Spoiler

Air: gas
Flightless bird: kiwi
Turbulent means the letters are mixed up.
Thus: AGS WIKI
[close]
I'm definitely getting the hang of this.

I think I'm right, so I'm gonna go ahead with a non-AGS one I just made up.

Marvelous secret agent returned red chap (9)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 17/02/2015 05:54:19Marvelous secret agent returned red chap (9)

:-[
Spoiler
Spiderman?
[close]

Stupot

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 17/02/2015 07:21:54
:-[
Spoiler
Spiderman?
[close]
PAAAAAHAHAHAHA! (laugh)

Spoiler
Yes. Well done :-)
[close]

AnasAbdin

:-D (laugh) :-D

Ideal supremacy (5,4)

AGS related...

CaptainD

Troll Song!

Oh no, wait... (sorry, I see (5,4) and my brain automatically jumps to that conclusion :-D)

(roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll) (roll)

AnasAbdin

Sorry Captain.. not this time :P

AnasAbdin

sigh...
AGS code related >:(

Stupot

Hmmm... All I can think is:
Spoiler
model rule

I doubt that's the correct answer but maybe one or other of those words is correct :-/
[close]

AnasAbdin

Clue:
Spoiler
Stu... I wish you were right but you're not.
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 23/02/2015 15:36:05
Clue:
Spoiler
Stu... I wish you were right but you're not.
[close]

Hmmmm...so does the clue mean:

Spoiler
The right side is correct
[close]

or

Spoiler
The right side is not correct
[close]

or

Spoiler
Simply that the whole thing is wrong
[close]

???

Baron

Maybe he wishes Stu was more right-winged.  Sometimes I wish that too.... :undecided:

AnasAbdin

Spoiler
this thread is getting filled with the word right... which is right for me
[close]

Baron

I'm just going to throw some ideas together outside of hide tags with the hope that some of my random thoughts trigger a larger avalanche in someone else's brain.  For "ideal" in terms of AGS I'm thinking icon (something revered), or maybe string (a creed), or even mouse (a species ideally adapted to survive just about anything).  In terms of "supremacy" I get tree (like a dialog tree; implying hierarchy), global (unfortunately six letters, but denoting game-wide importance), and mode, the supreme category of data in terms of number.  My lame-o guess is therefore:

Spoiler
Mouse.Mode :P
[close]

...but my real purpose here is to jog something in a finer mind than mine.  I'm sure if we work together we can figure this out!

selmiak

let me try giving some clues...

royal elementary fiftysixyearold not second father of the apeish penisula (5)

AnasAbdin

Baron oh baron... you are too sophisticated and complicated. Sorry you're wrong.
if you literally replace the words with synonyms you'll get it :P

Stupot

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Fri 27/02/2015 11:01:39
if you literally replace the words with synonyms you'll get it :P
Synonyms synonyms?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk