AGS Cryptic

Started by Wyz, Mon 29/09/2014 19:08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Don't judge me on my serendipitously accurate logic, but on the final product of the process. ;)

Spoiler
  Dave Gilbert? 

"top legal official" = da, and everything follows that.

"down-under spread" = vegemite (I wouldn't have known this without listening to the Blue Cup Tools podcast ;) )

"zero-emission" = remove the word "emit" from vegemite, and "tail-less" means take off the final "e"; thus -> vegemite

"yourself" = I

"middle of everything" = L (possibly due to the word "ALL")

"Ernie's mate" = Bert (aka the "creepy one" who's into bottle caps and pigeons.... (roll) )

[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Baron on Wed 03/06/2015 03:03:20
Don't judge me on my serendipitously accurate logic, but on the final product of the process. ;)

Spoiler
  Dave Gilbert? 

"top legal official" = da, and everything follows that.

"down-under spread" = vegemite (I wouldn't have known this without listening to the Blue Cup Tools podcast ;) )

"zero-emission" = remove the word "emit" from vegemite, and "tail-less" means take off the final "e"; thus -> vegemite

"yourself" = I

"middle of everything" = L (possibly due to the word "ALL")

"Ernie's mate" = Bert (aka the "creepy one" who's into bottle caps and pigeons.... (roll) )

[close]

One of the most satisfying and logical figurings ever for a correct answer:

Well done Baron!

NEXT!

AnasAbdin

Cheer for the bright little one occupying a vast case of a humpy mammal (18)

AGS related.

Not sure if mentioned before! I demand an update on the list :-[

Mandle

Hmmmm....Well I think:
Spoiler
The "humpy mammal" is probably either a camel or a rabbit but I'm steering more towards the more obvious camel for now...

This makes me think "Camelot" will be involved somehow...

The "vast case" makes me go for "chest" which might somehow be configured into "quest" through the other parts of the puzzle...

A "bright little one" might be a candle?

A cheer could be "yay"?
[close]

All I got for now. Not really asking for feedback from the puzzle-maker so much as just throwing ideas out there.

And thanks to AnasAbdin for throwing a puzzle out there! It takes quite a bit of effort to create a puzzle and quite a bit of bravery to post it...So cheers for that mate!

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 08/06/2015 15:31:09
Hmmmm....Well I think:
Spoiler
The "humpy mammal" is probably either a camel or a rabbit but I'm steering more towards the more obvious camel for now...

This makes me think "Camelot" will be involved somehow...

The "vast case" makes me go for "chest" which might somehow be configured into "quest" through the other parts of the puzzle...

A "bright little one" might be a candle?

A cheer could be "yay"?
[close]

All I got for now. Not really asking for feedback from the puzzle-maker so much as just throwing ideas out there.

And thanks to AnasAbdin for throwing a puzzle out there! It takes quite a bit of effort to create a puzzle and quite a bit of bravery to post it...So cheers for that mate!

Spoiler
Camel yes Camelot no. Everything else is no (laugh)
[close]

As for throwing a puzzle, you're welcome man :) the bravery will remain forever after you guys kill me when knowing the answer :-D

Baron

Spoiler
Blast!  The fact that camel has already been confirmed robs me of the perfect opportunity for a "humpy mammal" Ponch joke! ???
[close]

Spoiler
;-D
[close]

Spoiler
I'm thinking the "vast case of a humpy mammal" (ie the camel) might be a cigarette box, or since it's vast maybe a "carton".  In this context "bright little one" might be a "match", and if it is "occupying" the word "carton" I guess that means we should smush it in there....  Carmatchton?  Camatchrton?  That doesn't seem right.  Hmmmmmm....
[close]

Spoiler
Maybe I'm splitting this up wrong.  Maybe "cheer for the bright" might mean some sort of geek celebratory noise, while "little one" means kid, infant, or baby.  That would lead to something like Nyahaha + carbabyton or Huzzah + cainfantrton or Snap + Cartkidon or....
[close]

Spoiler
....or maybe I don't know yet. :P
[close]

Spoiler
:grin:
[close]

Wyz

I'm not sure but I get the feeling it has something to do with:
Spoiler
CamelCase :D
[close]
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Wyz on Tue 09/06/2015 13:22:39
I'm not sure but I get the feeling it has something to do with:
Spoiler
CamelCase :D
[close]

YouAreCorrect.

Baron

Spoiler
Mouse.IsButtonDown -an inquisitive prelude to cheering up a "bright little one". :grin:
[close]

Stupot

Quote from: Baron on Thu 11/06/2015 02:21:46
Spoiler
Mouse.IsButtonDown -an inquisitive prelude to cheering up a "bright little one". :grin:
[close]
Excuse me while my head explodes.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Stupot+ on Thu 11/06/2015 03:12:00
Quote from: Baron on Thu 11/06/2015 02:21:46
Spoiler
[close]
Excuse me while my head explodes.

Hold your head still! the answer is funny but not correct :P
Hint:
Spoiler
Cheer for the bright little one occupying a vast, case of a humpy mammal (4851)
[close]

Baron

Spoiler
MiteWiseacreLives! ? The "mite" might mean small little one, and it is camel case, but I couldn't figure out how it matches the rest of the clue. :-\
[close]

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Baron on Thu 11/06/2015 11:43:13
Spoiler
MiteWiseacreLives! ? The "mite" might mean small little one, and it is camel case, but I couldn't figure out how it matches the rest of the clue. :-\
[close]

Correct! :-D

Spoiler
Mite = little one
Wise = bright
acre = occupying (an area) a vast
Lives! = cheer :P
[close]

So is it going to be a gun or a knife? (laugh)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Hey what the heck?  8-0 I have to try a little harder on these  :-\

Baron

I thought it was you earlier, but I couldn't make the clue work.  The letter count made it pretty obvious, though. ;)

Quick bee sting around a deformed teat (11)

AGS Related.

Baron

Hint:
Spoiler
Two words
[close]

Secondary Hint:
Spoiler
Be careful to try all possibilities, no matter how crazy they might seem. ;)
[close]

Wyz

Hmmmmm, is it:
Spoiler
Prick Peckard?
[close]
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Baron

That has 12 letters. ;)

But, as consolation, you will be happy to know that I consider yours to be by a large margin the best guess so far.  ;)

Mandle

As for the "quick bee sting":

Do the letters:

Spoiler
BGMTS
[close]

Have anything to do with it?

Baron

Um, well....  four of them do, kinda.  But not the way you are thinking. ;)

hint
Spoiler
Get your head out of the gutter when you deform a teat in your mind! :P
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk