Neofeud

Started by SilverSpook, Sun 05/10/2014 23:09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Update on progress: I've hired on several voice actors and a tester, and things are really coming together!

I've got one or two more big roles to cast, but other than that, Neofeud is on target! 

I'm currently exploring website and distribution options.  Probably will end up selling straight from a Silver Spook Games site in the beginning.  All the Patreon folks who've put in at least $20 will be getting the game a couple days early (haven't made the official announcement but it's coming!).  The equivalent of pre-ordering.  So if you want to get the Let's Play and Review scoop- become a Neofeud patron!

[embed=1020,630]http://youtu.be/VW3-skxPYAo[/embed]

Blondbraid

Wow, that really is an awesome trailer,
I already shared it on my Facebook! 8-0 8-)

SilverSpook

Thanks Blondbraid. :)

Do share it far and wide!  Increases the chances of a sequel! ;)

SilverSpook

Merry Christmas, Neofeud fans!  May your Neofeudal rulers be merciful this Christmas and not Scrooge-out on you.

Blondbraid

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sun 25/12/2016 19:41:00
Merry Christmas, Neofeud fans!  May your Neofeudal rulers be merciful this Christmas and not Scrooge-out on you.
Merry Christmas, and I must say, that is one rad Christmas card! 8-)

morganw

Good to see the Baker's Kilobyte on the sign. :smiley:

SilverSpook

@Blondbraid: Happy New Year!

@Morganw: Nice catch my friend. :)

SilverSpook

We've made it into 2017 and the world isn't yet a *complete* Kafka-esque dystopia, congratulations everyone!

The bullhorn news of the moment is that voice acting is nearly complete and the game itself has been run through a litany of stress tests and proven itself to be more stable than the global banking system!

Here's the full status report:

-Voice Acting 90% - ALL MAJOR parts have been cast! Just a few more second and tertiary-tier characters are needing some surrogate voice boxes. Big thank you and shout out to Neofeud's hard working voice actor/actresses

@bittersweetdb - The official queen of Neofeud (She literally plays one in the game), one of the longest running patrons of Neofeud, and friends of myself. We can't thank you enough!

@AmayirotAkago This guy's voice gets any deeper he's going to hit magma! Can pull off the 90's Movie Announcer voice with ease and super talented to boot. Also super hard working -- even when I sent him the 2030 equivalent of a Presidential State of the Union address clocking in at over 2000 words, he hammered it out -- with a ton of alternate takes! Do look him up!

@brandoHOV Extremely experienced and talented actor from stage to film to voice overs. This guy is a total pro and a joy to work with. Check out his awesome blog here: brandonchovey.net and look out for his upcoming 5th novel!

Johnny Lil Toe The man of many voices, plays everything from Hippy Terminators to douchey corp-suits to jackbooted jarheads. Johnny was instrumental in filling the countless varied roles in Neofeud. And a super hard worker with lightning turnaround times! Check out his Youtube and wish'em a happy new year!

@nikumubeki AKA "Fast Gamer" - I voiced "Number One" is his game Deus Ex Nihilum which was a Total Conversion mod for Deus Ex. As someone who's taken a year and a half to do a Deus Ex TC myself, this is a truly Herculean task. An incredibly hard worker and multi-talented individual, do check him out!

@Colm_E_Fitz "A cartoonist, bedroom game dev, occasional writer, comic nerd and a fan of good music." If Amayirot has deepest voice, Fitz has the "Claw from Inspector Gadget" and "demon-ey dark lord" voice market cornered. Always a funny and real swell guy, and longtime Neofeud supporter.

And of course, yours truly will be playing these two clowns!

And, Mrs. Silver Spook will be playing Princess Sybil. Well, once yours truly stops throwing his dirty Fallout t-shirts in the "clean" laundry, and brings home a box of Godiva and roses. THEN she'll play Princess Sybil. :)

-Debugging 85% - As previously mentioned, the game has been run through the wash several times through by the extremely hard working and top-notch alpha tester TheBlindRabbit There are still some music and voices to add with an additional pass to make sure there is no 'unintentional dubstep' glitches or voices suddenly speaking in tongues, but the gameplay itself appears to be nearly free of major game-sploding bugs and major discrepancies!

-Music 95% - I'm in the process of adding and refining more of the soundtrack to precisely fit the tone/emotion of each scene, along with mastering the SFX, speech and music levels, but we're nearly there!

-Sound FX 80% - Working on this simultaneously with the above!

-Story: 100%

-Backgrounds 100% ?

-Characters 100% !

-Programming 100% :D

Thanks again to all the voice actors/actresses, testers, patrons, word-spreaders, supporters, nice-word-sayers, and everyone else whose helped make Neofeud a reality!

Happy 2017! No fate but what we make, so let's make it a sweet one!

Cassiebsg

Looks smooth, here's hoping that 2017 is the sci-fi year! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

So happy that all is going well for you,
it will be exciting to see this game in action! ;-D

SilverSpook

Thanks Cassie and Blondbraid.  It is coming ASAP, promise!

SilverSpook

Check out "Krome Street" from the #Neofeud soundtrack. 

It may be 2017, but it's always 1984 somewhere.

SilverSpook

New Neofeud teaser trailer, featuring the voices of Amayirot Akago, @bittersweetdb and @BrandoHOV!

[embed=1020,630]http://youtu.be/wVxUMWqIGIg[/embed]

Cassiebsg

Nice!
Good job everybody! (nod)(nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

oh this is cool! :-D

Blondbraid

Just saw the new trailer, looks cool and the dubstep music was awesome!  8-)

SilverSpook

Thanks guys!  Neofeud is coming soon, shooting for February at this point.  The voice acting and music took longer than expected but we're back on track now.  Just a few more to record and a bunch of mastering, editing, and inserting to do, then the final test.

pharlap

Well, this has certainly turned into a major production! Looking very good so far

SilverSpook

Thanks!  It's been a major undertaking, one that will be done very shortly, thankfully!

SilverSpook

Cool article by Gaming Respawn on Neofeud!  (Thanks, Steve Gill)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk