[RELEASED] Owl Hunt

Started by Georgeqgreg, Thu 16/10/2014 02:01:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgeqgreg

COMING SOON FROM DEAD OWL PRODUCTIONS:

King Graham thought he had escaped. After his adventure it had seemed Mordack had killed Cedric, or at least put him to sleep. King Graham escaped, and went on a walk in the forest. Finally... alone. Then, that fateful moment when he came across a snake, and those cursed words rand through his ears once again.

"GRAHAM, LOOK OUT! A POISONOUS SNAKE!"

Angry as hell, Graham knew there was only one thing to do. He took out his gun. (Oh yeah, did you know Graham was packing?) The hunt was on... HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO SHOOT THAT DAMN OWL? WELL, DO WE HAVE THE GAME FOR YOU! OWL HUNT! Finally, you get to point, click, and KILL! Take your revenge on the little bastard, in OWL HUNT! Now out! http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51253

Screens:

Progress:

Scripting: 100%
Graphics: 100%
Sound: 100%
Voices: 100%

ETA: November 9, 2014, just in time for the 24th anniversary of King's Quest V! Damn, has it been that long? (Out on schedule!)

Diary 28/10: Owl Hunt now has better HP graphics than the one I gimped in 2 minutes! Stolen from Castlevania.

See the release thread for the download! http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51253

Gilbert

Will Cedric have voice acting in this game, as horribly annoying as in the original game? This will make this game MORE AWESOME.
IMO this was the biggest reason the CD talkie version of KQ5 was a million times worse than its floppy counterpart.

Georgeqgreg

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Thu 16/10/2014 04:17:20
Will Cedric have voice acting in this game, as horribly annoying as in the original game? This will make this game MORE AWESOME.
IMO this was the biggest reason the CD talkie version of KQ5 was a million times worse than its floppy counterpart.

Yes. Might be me doing the voice, might be someone else. Still looking into that.

Darth Mandarb

Is this a one-screen only game (all the in-game screens are the same background)?

If it's not a one-screen only game you need to upload another "in game" screenshot.

Georgeqgreg

It is a one-screen game. Technically there's 3. But everything happens in room 1. (the forest background) The other two are room 2. (the also shown title screen) and room 3. (just the credits.)

Darth Mandarb

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Good luck with the game!

ThreeOhFour

ThreeOhFour

Grundislav

I'd like to submit my application for the role of Cedric. I have experience, as you can hear here.

Georgeqgreg

Yeah, dosnostalgic linked me to that. Something to consider! :cheesy:

Georgeqgreg

Well, I've basically decided by now that Grundislav does Cedric better, but in case anyone had any doubt, I've uploaded 3 of the lines I did as a test. http://home.cogeco.ca/~georgeqgreg/owlhunt/cedric.html

Georgeqgreg

@Grundislav So is that offer still open?

Grundislav

Of course. Hit me up on Twitter or email grundislav at gmail dot com.

Georgeqgreg

Done. It'll be very interesting doing my first collab with someone else/someone else from here, and what a place to start!

Georgeqgreg

TheBitPriest

This will be the best King's Quest ever

Georgeqgreg

A QUEST OF KINGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk