Demo Quest 3-1 background images export seems to be negatives?

Started by Adventurer 007, Sat 03/01/2015 07:37:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Adventurer 007

Is there a reason why the backgrounds exported from the demo quest seem to be negatives in the demo? 

When I load a BMP into the editor it shows up as the same BMP when I export it...  So are these backgrounds actually saved as negatives?  Is there an advantage in that? Or is there something that I am missing.

-Adventurer 007

Gurok

I just exported background 1 from Demo Quest 3Sod1 and it didn't show up with inverted colours. Did you perhaps change the colour depth of the game from 8-bit colour -> 16 or 32 bit? An indexed image in a non-indexed colour space can sometimes look like it's had its colours inverted.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Adventurer 007

humm if the graphics were changed to 16/32 bit and then back to 8 bit would that cause a loss of the information perhaps?  I did a check and they are actually not the negative just odd looking when exported.  So that would be a destructive attribute... I will refresh the VM re-install AGS and check again.  This time backing up the demo for a master copy.

-Adventurer 007

Adventurer 007

Oddly I cannot reproduce the issue.  Setting to 8/16/32 bit or different resolutions of the screen doesn't affect the bmp and it saves fine with a fresh copy of the demo.  I have changed the settings and tried various things and changed them back but nothing I did would corrupt the images. Should I chock this one up as a bug?

Thank you for letting me know that I shouldn't be seeing odd graphics. I have refreshed my copy of the demo and will be using source control.

-Adventurer 007

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk