The Visitor 3

Started by NickyNyce, Mon 03/11/2014 21:07:28

Previous topic - Next topic

NickyNyce

STORY

Commander Moss and his crew are back with another dangerous mission.

An Omega 1 prisoner transport ship carrying two prisoners sent a distress beacon before disappearing from radar.

President Gooman decides to send Slug, Scar, Commander Moss and his new human assistant, Head, to the ships last known coordinates.

Moss and his crew must find this ship and rescue any survivors. Once there, Commander Moss soon realizes, there is more going on than a disabled ship.

A new life form emerges and puts everyone on board the ship at risk.

Yes, that's a Venus fly trap in the corner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEATURES

Full length game
Play as numerous characters, good and bad as the story unfolds.
Over 250 sounds
Over 35 rooms
640 x 400 res
Music by Problem
Achievement system and multiple endings are still up in the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: UNEXPECTED VISITORS.

Progress: 99%
Story: 100% 
BG's & Animations: 99%
Scripting: 99%
Expected testing phase: March to April
Expected release: April or May   

Fitz

Yes! So looking forward to playing this! Loved the first two games.

cat

Wheee! This announcement made my day!

CaptainD

I'm starting to wonder how many Visitor games you'll have released by the time I manage to get the full Captain Disaster game released... (roll)

miguel

I was fortunate to testdrive this gem and believe me guys and gals, it rocks!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Shadow1000

I loved the first two and I can't wait!

SHADOW

KodiakBehr

Yay!  Way to go Nicky.

Mandle

I was somehow privy to the upcoming release of this game and had to do a serious sit-on-my-hands maneuver to not spill the beans...

LOVED the first two games...two of the best ever to make it over the trenches and into public domain in AGS!!!

I cannot wait for the thrid chapter!!!

AprilSkies

I've been waiting and hoping for this!
\o/

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Cassiebsg

This looks awesome! :)
Looking forward to it, guess I still have a bit of time to catch up on the previous 2 chapters. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

NickyNyce

Thank you everyone. A little support goes a long way in the self motivation department.

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 03/11/2014 22:23:51
I'm starting to wonder how many Visitor games you'll have released by the time I manage to get the full Captain Disaster game released... (roll)

It had better be 3!

----------------------------------------

AnasAbdin

I've been waiting for this thread since you sent me the test version a few weeks ago. I'm speechless :X This is really awesome NickyNyce!

The backgrounds are amazing! Still, the game itself is much more beautiful, please try to post a video or a gif of the ship moving through the asteroids because V3 is even much more better than what the screenies are showing! :-D

Really love the pattern background in the 6th screenshot.
Man, Keep up with what you're doing 8-)

Tabata

I can't express my excitement enough about to see that you continue with creating The Visitor 3   

May the slime be with you!   

NickyNyce

UPDATE: UNEXPECTED VISITORS.

Ibispi

Woah! I missed this thread somehow...  :sealed:
I, personally, really liked the previous Visitor games... There is something, really... attractive about them.
I like the plot of this one, you always seem to have good story ideas.
Good luck on the project! 

Also, a bit off topic, but happy birthday! :D

dbuske

Congradulations. I consider you the nicest person on this forums.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Fitz

Quote from: BSP on Thu 25/12/2014 14:37:09I, personally, really liked the previous Visitor games... There is something, really... attractive about them.

It's the visitors themselves. These whimsical, sociophatic aliens with no regard for puny humans -- gotta love 'em ;)

NickyNyce

Last and final update before freeware release!

The game is fully playable from start to finish. I'm currently going over the final dialog changes, BG touch-ups, added character sprites, and I'm still trying to squeeze a puzzle or two into the mix. I'm also going to try and add some type of achievement system, and easter eggs. This game plays more like an interactive story with puzzles, then a full blown adventure game. This game has taken me about 2 years to complete. Not so much because it's so long, but because I just didn't have the time to make it. I'm sad to say, this is probably my last game of this length. The game did not turn out exactly like I had hoped, but neither did life.

The music is incredible. Forum member, Problem, has done an outstanding job. It's the exact vibe I was looking for, and everyone is sure to enjoy it. Hopefully the game itself can compete with his work.

There is also over 250 sounds, and other ambient music that I found and added. I'm currently looking for a small batch of TESTERS to go over the game and help me bring an enjoyable experience to anyone who does play it. You can PM me if you are interested.

I would also love to release all the character sprites, so that if anyone wishes to continue on with the series, or wants to use them for any reason, they may. Thanks to everyone that has already helped me with early beta testing and my silly scripting questions too.   

AprilSkies

OMG! the release is near!
WOW! Just WOW!
Can't wait!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

KodiakBehr

Looks like fun, Nicky.  Happy to help test if needed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk