Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

MAGS OCTOBER 2014
CHARAMBA - CHAPTER 2
Hallowe'en

EDIT: bugs fixed

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Mandle

WOOT! I'm soooo playing the shit out of this tomorrow after my school's kids' parties are finished!!! Looks wonderful!

Gratz on the timely release, Miguel!!!

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release. :-D

Sorta bug report:
Spoiler

at the trash can, using the hand reveals the inside of the trashcan and the wire continuously. You should either add a new sprite without the wire and new text, or just something like "nothing else of interest in there" and not show the inside again. Took me a while to figure out I had gotten the wire in the inventory. ;)
[close]

Some weird bugs?
Spoiler

Either am dumb, or there seems to be a bug. First, save, load and quit don't seem to do anything.
And then I hid in the closet from the "trick or treat" "kids", and all goes sort. Next thing I'm in a car with Nick driving and Muriel wearing a mask.... Did I miss something?
[close]

And a fatal crash:
Spoiler

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
A fatal error has been generated by the script using the AbortGame function. Please contact the game author for support.

in "room9.asc", line 8

Error: Stay tuned for the next chapter!

OK   
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

miguel

Thanks for playing Cassiebsg, if it failed to you that you got the wire after the phrase: "Hmmm...This wire..." then I think I have to lower the difficulty of my minimalistic puzzles. The other stuff is either intentional or being fixed. Thanks.
Fixed some stuff already, thanks Cassie.

Mandle

AWESOME MOOD as always with your games...

I think I understood that the:

MAJOR SPOILERS ELERT:
Spoiler
Scrambled ASCII crash while picking the lock and the crash at the end of the game were deliberate seeing as I'm pretty sure there is no way AGS can crash in a scrambled ASCII format and the last fatal crash advertised the continuing chapters of the game in its Error Report: MOST ORIGINAL "TO BE CONTINUED" FORMAT EVER!!!

Very true to the C64 look you are going for...Not going to be understood by the bulk of your audience as deliberate flaws. Most are going to think they are actual bugs/glitches...Very bold choice which I can only hold in the greatest respect...
[close]

But...

Spoiler
I was confused by the game's ending but I think I have realised your cunning plan:

Spoiler
You have discovered MAGS as a way to tell your story in a way that keeps you continually interested in making the game in chapters, instead of just slaving away working on it on your lonesome over months or years, and eventually just giving up. The excitement comes from adapting the story to whatever the next MAGs theme will be. You also have the anticipation of winning the MAGS and deciding the next theme and thus eventually competing on your "home ground". I think the confusing ending of this chapter is a pre-planned "flash-forward" like in "Breaking Bad" or most Tarantino films designed to confuse us players and also whet our appetites for when we get to that point in the time-line of your story...
[close]

One last thing:

Spoiler
Please provide an alternative to killing a poor old dog with a shovel to progress in the game. I have no problem with Mureal wiping out anybody as long as they are human...But please give her a likable side where she can kill a poor old dog or choose not to (Maybe just a choice to hit him with the sharp or blunt side of the shovel?)
[close]

Anyway: A game I was firstly thrown off keel with and then, after some reflection figured out (maybe) where you were going with it.....?
[close]

miguel

I love the way you think, Mandle. Well, you got me right on most of the things you said although its the experimental side that I'm actually loving doing. I want to surprise myself and will keep on this series until I manage to do it. There's a lot of stuff I want to do graphically that I haven't tried yet like the C64 sequence and other colour schemes.
I have big plans for the story and life of Muriel but can't really say if it's ever going to happen, mutilating animals is part of it, I'm afraid.

I'm posting some stuff about your latest game later on. Pretty cool, btw.

AprilSkies

Great job Miguel! Congratz for release!!!!
I LOVE the graphic!
Downloading now!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

selmiak

the controls are a bit confusiong but I love it :-D

AprilSkies

I'm loving it too!
Something here and there can be improved in terms of controls and polishing, but the overall enjoyement is great.
Again what I loved the most is the mood!
You can go on making tons of those little chapters!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

aikex222

It's a interesting short game and since i'm still learn how use AGS i can't say much more :embarrassed:.
But what i can say for sure is i can't wait for the next MAGS to get my hands on the next chapter and see the next theme
:wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk