DOWNFALL (2015)

Started by Grim, Thu 06/11/2014 11:38:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim

DOWNFALL

There is nothing Joe wouldn't do for his wife.

But as they try to save their marriage with a romantic getaway, things go from bad to worse, and from worse... to insanity.

In this tale of love, madness and murder  Joe will prove what kind of man he is.

But what kind of man is he exactly? A loving husband? A cold realist? A bitter skeptic? An asshole?

That is something YOU will decide, as you join him on his journey for redemption.

"It's a remake of my first commercial game from 2009 made in a style of The Cat Lady. I've kept the core concept of the original and turned it into a very different beast. The game's hotel Quiet Haven has remained mostly unchanged in its layout and some backgrounds are reminiscent of the old Downfall's, but some also have been completely changed to fit the new style of the game.

I'm also working closely with AGS forum member Yeppoh who's in charge of character art and animation. He is AMAZING and I love what he's produced so far!

TEAM:

WRITING, CODING, BACKGROUND & ADDITIONAL ART: GRIM
ANIMATION: YEPPOH
MUSIC: MICAMIC (+guests)
HOTEL PAINTINGS ART: DYSPHORIA WEAVER
PRODUCTION/PUBLISHING: MODS/SCREEN7

And I will add out voice acting stars as we go. So far we've got:
JOE DAVIS: JESSE GUNN
IVY DAVIS : ISA AND

NickyNyce

Great video! This looks like another thriller. Looking forward to the insanity!

AprilSkies

Great video.
Yeppoh's sprites are amazing!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mandle

The original was great and this remake looks even greater!!! Count me in!!!

Lasca

Looks really nice!

Frodo

Looks amazing!  :cheesy:

I loved the original, and I'm really looking forward to this version, as well.  :grin:

Yeppoh

I had a field trip doing the animations and the character designs. And more is on their way.

It's nice to see how the game is shaping up.

Crimson Wizard

I see new "Downfall" will be less crazy colored, more in "Cat Lady" style :). Looking forward to it.

Midian Design

Excellent! :) And great video!

arj0n

Dualnames

Glad to see you're working on this! Best of luck!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Crimson Wizard

BTW, you may want to add duplicating shotguns as an easter egg :D.

Adeel

I played the original Downfall and I loved it. Though I wasn't scared or crept out, the game actually made me think about its story for a while (after I had finished playing it). The subject of depression is quite delicate and to make a game on such subject without getting depressed yourself is impressive, imho.

I won't deny. I was expecting the cinema to be more...accessible :) . Needless to say, I'm quite pleased that it will be there in the new version

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 07/11/2014 13:38:38
BTW, you may want to add duplicating shotguns as an easter egg :D.

Haha, indeed. :-D

Surdy

Impressive work as always, Rem.:shocked:

Many references you've got.:grin:

I hope I would work with you & Screen7 for a french translation, if you like;)

Remember me all these magical (and gruesome) stuff when I've played the 2009-old version. Good old memories.(laugh)

Thanks!

Takyon

I loved Downfall--the artwork especially. I remember you saying you coded most of it whilst working in a mental institute. Great back story. I look forward to this remake.
ghost.

micamic

Thegolddiger

Is the story going to be the same as in the original game?
It's gold gold  gold is all I want

m0ds

Quote from: Thegolddiger on Mon 02/02/2015 18:04:17
Is the story going to be the same as in the original game?

From what I've been told - not entirely. Playing the original Downfall will have very little bearing on playing the new one. Themes may be the same but you may not experience the same "story" per se. Hopefully Grim can confirm/deny this but he's still moving house/settling in at the mo :)

Crimson Wizard

Where do I sign up for Alpha/Beta test? :)

Dualnames

I respect Grim lots, and he knows it. So I'm not hijacking this topic with this, I can't wait to see how Downfall looks with the Cat Lady Cut.

"A loving husband? A cold realist? A bitter skeptic? An asshole?"
Didn't that escalate a bit quickly? :grin:
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk