DOWNFALL (2015)

Started by Grim, Thu 06/11/2014 11:38:55

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestCrow

Have you thought about Android or iOS version?
I realy miss your adventures on this platform :sad:

Grim

DarkestCrow: The handful of games I've played on those devices I truly hated... For me, tablets represent the death of gaming. So, to answer your question - I did think about it briefly, it probably does make perfect sense in terms of sales and such... but even though there are some adventure fans who would welcome good old-school games on those platforms, most people only want to play angry birds. And I hate angry birds.

DarkestCrow

Thank you for answer :)

You are right, sadly, lots of gamers are not much interest about games based on strong story and serious atmosphere,
I am glad for emulators like ScummVM or unofficial AGS launcher, where I can play something more serious (like your original Downfall)
than tuns of "hidden object" or freemium trash. :sad:

Cridone

The teaser trailer on the front page appears to be broken, it displays 'PLAY ALL' when I load the page and when I try to play the video this happens.

http://i.imgur.com/loYYbgJ.png
(image changed to link by Darth)

I've already seen the video, I'm just wondering if it's broken for anyone else.

Grim

Thanks for noticing, I fixed it;)

Myshkin

Looks fantastic... I haven't played the original Downfall but I loved The Cat Lady, so another game with a similar style is something I will definitely be looking forward to!

Cyrus

That's amazing!

Will the twist ending be exactly the same, or somehow altered?

Grim

Quote from: Cyrus on Wed 25/03/2015 16:57:20

Will the twist ending be exactly the same, or somehow altered?

It wouldn't be a twist if I told you! :P

JoelMayer

This has probably been asked a lot already, but is it hard to set up these kind of sidescrolling mechanics in AGS? I would love to do a Game like this as well...

Looks great btw! Big fan!

Grim

dragontoad: Use Ali's SmoothScrolling & Parallax module. Highly recommended;)

Also, new screenshot:

JoelMayer

Thanks Grim! I'll look into that. Gosh looks really awesome! I like the Character Designs. May i ask what your animator is using as a software? I'm guessing something like After Effects :)

Grim

Quote from: dragontoad on Mon 04/05/2015 11:32:25
I like the Character Designs. May i ask what your animator is using as a software? I'm guessing something like After Effects :)

You're guessing right - After Effects;) That guy is amazing and brilliant to work with:)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: dragontoad on Sat 02/05/2015 23:39:31
This has probably been asked a lot already, but is it hard to set up these kind of sidescrolling mechanics in AGS? I would love to do a Game like this as well...
Quote from: Grim on Mon 04/05/2015 10:40:59
dragontoad: Use Ali's SmoothScrolling & Parallax module. Highly recommended;)
The link: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=33142.0

Cridone

First thing I noticed is those weird egg/finger things in the background, then I noticed how small that woman is compared to Joe towering over her. Good work!

Yeppoh

Quote from: Grim on Mon 04/05/2015 12:33:15
... That guy is amazing and brilliant to work with:)

And pretty handsome too! o3o

More seriously though. As Grim said, I mostly do the animations in After Effects. If all goes well for this year's edition of AdventureX, I might do a panel presentation on some of my animation techniques I used for this game. But I'm not making any promises yet. =D

MufasaRKG

A remake or further into the story? The one I have now was awesome. Reminded me little like silent hill based on the thrill but in small doses. What had made me download this a few months back was the search of horror elements in adventure games.

-m
BUCKET FRESH STUDIOS
Underground Art, Music, & Culture

SilverSpook

I'm late to the party but mind=blown!  The video reminds me of David Firth material (Fat-Pie.com)  Uber creepy!

Grim

Quote from: SilverSpook on Mon 11/05/2015 20:06:00
I'm late to the party but mind=blown!  The video reminds me of David Firth material (Fat-Pie.com)  Uber creepy!

David Firth did voices for two of the characters in The Cat Lady. I'd love to work with him again!;)

SilverSpook

That sure does 'splain a lot then!

Cridone

Quote from: Grim on Tue 12/05/2015 07:21:10David Firth did voices for two of the characters in The Cat Lady. I'd love to work with him again!;)
He could be the Axe Murderer, perhaps? :wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk