DOWNFALL (2015)

Started by Grim, Thu 06/11/2014 11:38:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim

There's certainly no shortage of roles in my games for a guy of his caliber! ;) Pretty much everyone is a creepy psychopath haha;)

Delacroix

Loved the original Downfall, loved Cat Lady. Already love this. If it hits Steam, my library will love it too. Frankly, the level of personal drama in Downfall is what made me play it and to think I'd relive it again in this new package - I'm sold.

qptain Nemo

I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but... I liked Downfall and I liked The Cat Lady much more, so... personally I'd much rather see a completely new work by you. Is this remake worth playing for someone who doesn't really want to play Downfall again, is it different enough? Regardless, I respect you as an author and wish you the best with this project.

Cridone

Well, to give my two cents, the main reason I'm interested is because I loved Downfall, and feel like the remake will be an overall more polished, improved telling of Joe's story, and the addition of voice acting is pretty dope. May just be me though.

Grim

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Mon 18/05/2015 22:37:38
I don't want to be a negative Nancy, but... I liked Downfall and I liked The Cat Lady much more, so... personally I'd much rather see a completely new work by you. Is this remake worth playing for someone who doesn't really want to play Downfall again, is it different enough? Regardless, I respect you as an author and wish you the best with this project.

It's very different. I'm not a fan of all these HD remakes, haven't even played the new Grim Fandango, even though it's one of my favourite games ever... But this is all written from the ground up. The stuff I didn't like is gone, replaced with... different stuff;) And for people who played the original Downfall this will be quite an interesting experience. I would never make a game I wouldn't want to play myself. And with this one... I'm pretty confident it will be my best one yet;)

qptain Nemo

Fair enough. Consider me sold, I suppose. :)
(I wouldn't name it exactly the same if that's the case but yeah, it's your game. I'd radically update already released games if I saw fit though, so I guess this opinion isn't worth much.)

m0ds

A new teaser trailer of the hype variety (contains violence)

followed by thumbnails of Hitler (roll)

The first full trailer & an exclusive look at the game with mr R. Michalski at AdventureX ;)

m0ds

BUMP that thread like you're some kinda fart-igrade!

2 new trailers, short one and a long one (which contains one use of the F word..)

Release expected on or as close as distributorly-possible, 14th Feb. Back in a few days with some pre-order options!

m0ds

Demo... arguably just a promo ;) is now available, from AGS db first of course*!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2009/

Let me know if you encounter problems running it or starting it up, or if it runs slowly tell me about your PC specs...that's very helpful thanks! And of course let Rem know what you think...enjoy!

* cos I haven't got my site ready yet....standard

Slasher

i could watch this as a film as it is (nod)

great work ;)

NickyNyce

I really enjoyed the original, and this looks 10x better. Great trailer!

I can't wait to see what your twisted mind has done to this classic.

m0ds

Yep, thanks for the comments!

Harvester Games fans can now pre-order Downfall from the new look http://www.screen7.co.uk website.

I say it like that because you might want to wait til it's on an official channel, as I am new to all the Humble workings (though they seem pretty straightforward) :P

You can also see that it's coming soon on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/364390

Still looking good for a Valentine's 14th date where we can, and 15th where we can't.

m0ds

It's out! If you pre-ordered via Humble widget then check your activation page for your stuff now! If not, you can buy it right away at http://www.screen7.co.uk

Steam version will be live tomorrow (Monday 15th) and it will be available on GOG in the coming days.

Happy valentines...or not...

(I will make a completed games thread tomorrow)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk