Background Blitz - lost cities Winners announced

Started by aikex222, Mon 24/11/2014 22:57:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: aikex222 on Sun 30/11/2014 09:20:28
Quote from: miguel on Sun 30/11/2014 09:08:51
I'm officially on holidays! So I will enter this one just to beat Mandle.

xD be careful Mandle, it seems you have someone declaring war

Oh, he can bring it...uhhhhh-huh (nod)

cat

Monsieur OUXX

At the moment I'm sketching. I need to put a lot of thought into it because we intend on reusing that bg for our game, so it's not just a drawing, it has to be functional and it has to match the cutscenes that shall happen in it.

GreenBeams

Hello there!

Can i possibly ask - I've taken a WIP for this competition as far as i can with my skill level. Can i post it here to ask for crits or is that not really in the spirit of it all?

Thanks =)

Cassiebsg

I would say that if you want critics, then you should post it on the critics lounge. ;)
You can always post your WIP here if you wish to show it, and update it later on.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

GreenBeams

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 01/12/2014 19:03:24
I would say that if you want critics, then you should post it on the critics lounge. ;)
You can always post your WIP here if you wish to show it, and update it later on.

Ah, of course! Eejit that i am!

Thanks Cassiebsg!

aikex222

For me it's ok if you want to post the WIP here. :wink:
but like Cassiebsg said critics lounge is the best place to if you want critics.

LostTrainDude

Yesterday evening I noticed that Hexels had a public beta for a new version that introduces animations, new modes and layers! So I decided to give it a try :D

Very nice theme! Lately I'm dealing with "ruined landscapes" settings, so I jumped right in :D Two birds with one stone.
This was made in about 2 hours (I don't think I'll refine it, but anyway)

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/FifWUDR.png[/imgzoom]

Can't wait to see your other finished works!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

aikex222

Looks like our first adventurer found something at the end of the cave,
and with a beautiful sunset. :grin:

GreenBeams

@Monsieur OUXX - looks great! What program are you using for the workout, please?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Yakatakatulla on Tue 02/12/2014 17:02:42
@Monsieur OUXX - looks great! What program are you using for the workout, please?
That's just good old Paint.Net, used exclusively for drawing lines. If you're asking about the perspective/3D...then I'm afraid all the magic happens inside the head :D

Oh that. That, it is not so hard to see what OUXX is doing.^^

light green was setting the perspective as to say horizon
blue gives the round room a go
purple blue shows a entrance on the left followed by a bridge like way to the middle onto the platform and ends right side with a bridge like way again
red marks the screen pic, could also used as gui
red margenta is a help line for the puma like head in position

you were playing around with dimensions and highs and composition^^
well you were metioning your game purposes

8-) let's see, if my colored finished vision in head will come true to be in the end
kind of interesting, how close I will come

I<3Pindorama!

I would love to participate.
It is permitted to put characters in the background? Just to give a tense atmosphere...;)

aikex222

Well, if it's a image of you and your discovery i guess it's ok... xD

I<3Pindorama!

Amazing!!! The race here is hardness!  :shocked:

--

Aikex you just give me a new idea! Now my intention is to explore a new approach in the context of the threshold between the rules, my request and your last comment!

Thanks!

aikex222

You're doing a great job Monsieur. :shocked:

Can't wait to see what comes from that new idea Pindorama ;)

GreenBeams

It's great to see the various stages of how you're constructing this, Monsieur OUXX! I look forward to the rest of it =D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk