Background Blitz - lost cities Winners announced

Started by aikex222, Mon 24/11/2014 22:57:44

Previous topic - Next topic

@OUXX
I hope you make me happy and you're drawing your 'cave of jaws' free handed. The head mask is like that to small anyway.^^ :-D
But why is your last post empty? o.o

I am in good progress, what's about you guys? In fact, I have free time to do other things along besides it.
I would love to see the one who is able to beat me. I'm glad that some strong competitors are competing against me.
(laugh) (nod)

GreenBeams

Ok, three solid days of work later, here's my entry! =)

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107389340/AGS/BG_Blitz/Lost%20City/400_Straight_version.png[/imgzoom]

Backstory -
"Day 16

Well Professor, i guess this means the map isn't fake after all. You can't blame me for being skeptical though. I mean, a lost Incan city situated in the heart of the Himalayas? It doesn't even sound credible!

A storm opened a crevasse last inght which we sought shelter in and, lo and behold, we found a spiral staircase lit by some kind of internal heat. It might just be the Fire Trial you talked about. If we survive that and your reckoning is right, water should be next, eh? And me without my water wings...

I'll send this missive back down with the last of our guides so you should get this a little over 2 weeks after we go down the staircase. I'd say that if you haven't seen me in the flesh by that time, i didn't make it back.

See you in a fortnight, Professor.
A. Murdoch."

and here is the version which i've tried to give an idea of what effects will go on in-game:
[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107389340/AGS/BG_Blitz/Lost%20City/400_version.png[/imgzoom]

aikex222

Loving all the discoveries so far, i hope see the rest of the discoveries soon.

Lasca

I'm especially looking forward to adventuress's discovery.
I wonder if it's humility.

Nice work Yakatakatulla. (nod)

@Lasca
I think the people's love of styles and personal taste will kind of lead to the result. That makes everything so exciting. As for me, I am a totally old school pixel artist. (laugh) Someone just has to love this competiton. And I do! I couldn't wish for a better start here in AGS.

I wish us all good luck and may the best win.

Monsieur OUXX

@Yakatakatulla : Wow. Just wow.

@adventuress : My last post wasn't empty, probably you can't see the image ;)

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

GreenBeams

@adventuress, @Monsieur OUXX, @AprilSkies - Thank you all so much for the very kind words! It really makes me feel like i'm improving!:-D

AprilSkies

Wait, WAT??
Improving???

Dude, you're already over the top!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Monsieur OUXX

My Photoshop file got corrupted after a 4-hours long painting session >:( I can't open it.
It's the first time it ever happens to me. I'm currently trying some PSD repair tools.

EDIT: What. The. Funk. I've just opened the PSD file with a text editor to see how corrupted it is, and it turns out.. It's an AGS .agf file inside!!! I don't know what happened with Windows, if it got mixed up when flushing the data to the USB drive where I keep my files, but... That's it. My PSD file is now a broken AGS game file. It's all gone. I'm gonna cry. :~(

Looks like I'm not the only one with a realy bad day.
But keep smiling OUXX, I made the experience that the following result will be even better than what you would have created in the first go. You will see.
*tousle*

I<3Pindorama!

I deeply regret for what happened to Ouxx. Hang on man!
I'm sure your talent and commitment will always be above
any difficulty.

As said Raul Seixas (a great Brazilian composer):

See!
Don't say that the song is lost
Have faith in God, have faith in life
Try again!

Drink!
For the living water is still withholding
You have two feet to cross the bridge
Nothing its over! No no no no...

Try!
Raise your thirsty hand and start to walk
Don't think that the head holds if you stop
There is a voice that sings, there is a voice that dances
There is a voice that spins... dancing in the air!

Want!
Is enough being sincere and desiring profoundly
You will be able to shake the world
Try again!

Try!
And do not say that victory is lost
Are the challenges that make living the life

Here the song: http://vimeo.com/62728821

I<3Pindorama!

Hey Aikex!
I hope that the image can express my previous comments:

It was fun to imagine it...
In fact a real trip!

Thank for this challenge! :-D

aikex222

Spoiler

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Fri 05/12/2014 19:00:43
My Photoshop file got corrupted after a 4-hours long painting session >:( I can't open it.
It's the first time it ever happens to me. I'm currently trying some PSD repair tools.

EDIT: What. The. Funk. I've just opened the PSD file with a text editor to see how corrupted it is, and it turns out.. It's an AGS .agf file inside!!! I don't know what happened with Windows, if it got mixed up when flushing the data to the USB drive where I keep my files, but... That's it. My PSD file is now a broken AGS game file. It's all gone. I'm gonna cry. :~(
[close]

8-0 That's really a bad thing that happened there.
The background was for any game? or just the competition?

The only tip i can say is to save more than one file of your projects :-\
Spoiler

Quote from: I<3Pindorama! on Sat 06/12/2014 00:08:20
Hey Aikex!
I hope that the image can express my previous comments:

It was fun to imagine it...
In fact a real trip!

Thank for this challenge! :-D
[close]

Pindorama, is you on the TV?
Unbelievable, you found the lost city of ducks  :shocked:

Adeel

Haha, even Monsieur's Windows knows how passionate he's about AGS. That's why it didn't replace the original PSD with any file but only AGF file. (wtf)

GreenBeams

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: aikex222 on Sat 06/12/2014 00:57:09
The only tip i can say is to save more than one file of your projects :-\

<story of my life, volume II -- soon in your favorite bookstore>
Spoiler

That's what I usually do, but I do it at the beginning of the session. That's what I did yesterday : I opened my file, and I was expecting to immediately do a "File-->Save As" to create a backup and start painting in the new file. But the file was screwed up and wouldn't open.

It's not that bad, I mean, I just have to start over from the last image I posted in the forum, but you know how it is, the motivation takes a big blow when you have to re-do for 4 hours what you did just the day before. Dammit.

I'm currently trying a hard drive recovery tool to see if it finds the previous version of the file -- I suspect that if Windows got mixed up when flushing file streams to the USB drive (to the point where it wrote an entirely different file!), then it might have started using an entirely new data area on disk. So if I'm lucky, the previous file bits are still there somewhere.

I'm still baffled by what happened. How a PSD file could have become an (incomplete) AGF file inside is beyond my comprehension.
[close]

aikex222

Spoiler
Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sat 06/12/2014 16:15:42
<story of my life, volume II -- soon in your favorite bookstore>
Spoiler

That's what I usually do, but I do it at the beginning of the session. That's what I did yesterday : I opened my file, and I was expecting to immediately do a "File-->Save As" to create a backup and start painting in the new file. But the file was screwed up and wouldn't open.

It's not that bad, I mean, I just have to start over from the last image I posted in the forum, but you know how it is, the motivation takes a big blow when you have to re-do for 4 hours what you did just the day before. Dammit.

I'm currently trying a hard drive recovery tool to see if it finds the previous version of the file -- I suspect that if Windows got mixed up when flushing file streams to the USB drive (to the point where it wrote an entirely different file!), then it might have started using an entirely new data area on disk. So if I'm lucky, the previous file bits are still there somewhere.

I'm still baffled by what happened. How a PSD file could have become an (incomplete) AGF file inside is beyond my comprehension.
[close]
[close]

Hope you have success getting back the file

Mandle

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sat 06/12/2014 16:15:42

That's what gets me about this matter: I don't think that should be possible. Are you absolutely sure that this is what happened, and that it's not some huge coincidence: Like you had an AGF file which happened to have the same name from ages ago and are mistaking that for the file you saved, and the file you saved got saved to some obscure folder somewhere by mistake, maybe on a completely different drive? Have you done a full search for the lost file on all your media?

Anyway: best of luck either way!

I<3Pindorama!

Yep! It's me or rather my reflex on the monitor screen,
wen i playing a (maybe future) game:
Dusko and the Raiders of the Lost "Quack" ! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk