Background Blitz - lost cities Winners announced

Started by aikex222, Mon 24/11/2014 22:57:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Soooo.
Since this is a competition and people have to consider 3 aspects and make up their vote. Well here you have it, look how it's done.
(roll) I know who will be happy jumping like a little bunny.

Gallery
I guess, tomorrow all the tiny tiny detail pixels will be finished and I can finally implement the 3D-Mask. After that pixels will come a way more easier together. And in the end the file is able to leave MSpaint and jumps into the next tool for all the nice modern effect stuff. I like a good rich salat, yami!  :-D :-D
Happy painting.

EDIT:
Woohoooo!
Now, I'm jumping like the happiest little bunny ever, the hardest part is done.
Auwh, so many possibilities for the inside, which shell I pick....  (wtf)

I<3Pindorama!

Thanks again, OUXX.
I will not forget this words!
You and Andersen are right! ;)

Adventuress, its really a marvelous work.
Follow this construction is exciting and fascinating!
It is the art within the art!
Congratulations! ;-D

cat

I'm still working on my entry. Since I was at AdventureX last weekend there was not much progress, recently. I hope I can finish in time.

Cassiebsg

Hope you make it cat! (nod)
If anything else fails, just post a WIP. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

@Pindorama
Am I red like a red cherry?

Well what ever happens, if I make it or not, I already got one of the best rewards. It's been a true adventure to follow the pixel brush and see where 'they' might lead to. Now, time is against me, I have to fly on 16th. 4 Days are hardley enough time, I just love art to much to bodge it careless. But I try to make it anyway and hope to find some hours to finish the rest. What a thrilling journey.  ;-D

See ya.

Edit:
Hahahaha regards that is good, will my fingers and my head ever understand eachother, hahaha oh boy.... you're making me dizzy in the head.  :-D

Mandle

Quote from: adventuress on Fri 12/12/2014 03:15:37
@Pindorama
Am I red like a red cherry?

Well what ever happens, if I make it or not, I already got one of the best regards. It's been a true adventure to follow the pixel brush and see where 'they' might lead to. Now, time is against me, I have to fly on 16th. 4 Days are hardley enough time, I just love art to much to bodge it careless. But I try to make it anyway and hope to find some hours to finish the rest. What a thrilling journey.  ;-D

See ya.

Your background is starting to look AMAZING!!! Thanks also from me for the link to your gallery. Have you made any tutorials on your process or followed any tutorials from other artists that you could recommend? There's just so much going on with your composition I would love to hear/read some commentary on each step!

aikex222

if anyone needs i could give 1-3 days more after the competition finish,
and of course if the other competitors are ok with that, just ask.

since there were many problems happening.

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 12/12/2014 04:04:59
.. Have you made any tutorials on your process or followed any tutorials from other artists that you could recommend? ..

Wow Mandle, aerhm... no, no I'm not that typ who is following others. The most fun IS to figure out other ways and technics all by myself. Sure I was looking here and there over times to see how others are working. But I do it, if I feel bored, for entertainment I guess. I tried to find somebody who is like me, wasn't lucky yet. Most artists I came across are... how do I say it.... sloppy.

I will not start at this time to get into technical jargon with you, Mandel. But my homepage is planed to hold my future references and sure a few tutos, why not. I'm kind of educated in some arts, not only graphics. But never needed University, besides I can't even fund it. For me it is enough to be passionately about it. :-D And I am not unhappy about the fact that my parents are my fans.

have artistic family^^

EDIT:
Finally! I finished the granit bricks.
Till yet, everything is looking good on correction flip. Two layers finished, 3 to go.
Thankfully the rest is hidden all in shadows. *count* Around 4 to 5 possible work days left, hmmm. Basically it should be enough for all the small objects. *breathe*

Here we go, pixel marathon. :-D
Let's see, what I could put into there.......

Mandle

Quote from: adventuress on Fri 12/12/2014 13:52:37
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 12/12/2014 04:04:59
.. Have you made any tutorials on your process or followed any tutorials from other artists that you could recommend? ..

Wow Mandle, aerhm... no, no I'm not that typ who is following others.

I kind of inferred from your opening "Wow" and the following "aerhhm" that you were a bit upset by this particular part of my post. Was this the case or am I way off track? There are a LOT of sarcastic posts in online forums so I can easily see why my comment would have been taken as one, but I was honestly asking out of respect for the art that I was seeing you develop...

I didn't mean any offense to suggest that you had learned how to do your art from anyone else.

But for me, any great artist learns how to create their own vision from the older and the wiser. That does not mean that the younger artist's work is in any way lesser. In fact it is all the greater for having learned not to repeat what has already been done before, but to build on that structure.

It is awesome that your parents are also talented artists and that they support your own art. That is a rare and valuable thing in this world, and I envy you for it.

I can't wait to see what your project is going to become (before or after the competition time limit)

LostTrainDude

"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

(laugh) Oh Mandle, you really are pooty. (kind of cute)
You only made me speechless, I was been moved that's all. I know that your heart had asked honestly. We could PM, if you like to. Hahahaha. But I tell you this, if you really wanna discuss EVERY single step, we have to speak over weeks about it. Ok, it depends a bit on, how deep you already are into pixel arts. And well, I kind of have my own way to do things.

You know, I was spending 3 years with an artistic painter, who had his own gallery and all. I'm not sure, if it was luck. He run the art school at the college. Most at the time we two argued, but it was fun. He made sure that we knew all about art basics, it was like getting tortured with art analysis. Hahahaha. I always was a bit upset with him, because he was only strict on me.  :P

I guess you will be looking forward to the demo game than.
It is my honor to compete against you, I was looking forward to that myself.
*tousle*

EDIT:
I know Cassiebsg. *pointing down*
I really enjoyed our abstract composition. Mistake or not, it has a marvelous energy speaking through it.

Cassiebsg

You know, being "strict" with you, might just mean he saw your potential miles away, and he knew that being strict would only make you better and take advantage of all you potential. So even if it's a pain that he's only "picking on you" in the end he might just be doing you a favor. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Well, here is a weird sketch of what I maybe will be able to submit before the time limit:

R'lyeh being one of the ultimate lost cities...

This will hopefully become my own version of the rise of R'lyeh in the Cthulhu game I'm working on...

Well...if if makes it into the contest really depends on the weather:

On the weather (whether) or not I can get the time to submit it in time...

Mandle

GreenBeams

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 14/12/2014 16:45:11
Well, here is a weird sketch of what I maybe will be able to submit before the time limit:

That looks very exciting and nice camera angle, too! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get it done in time :grin:

Oh goody goody, Mandle. We don't have anything yet in sort of DotT, Discworld II related style yet. Please do it, pretty please with sugar on top!

Mandle

Quote from: adventuress on Sun 14/12/2014 20:26:49
Oh goody goody, Mandle. We don't have anything yet in sort of DotT, Discworld II related style yet. Please do it, pretty please with sugar on top!

Hehe...nice and very kind comparisons to the style there...Pfft, I only wish right???

Well, I'm going to be working on it a bit today, nothing tomorrow, and then who knows???

Anyways, it will get completed whether I make the competition or not as I plan to use it (even if it's just a concept art to show a much more talented BG artist)

Monsieur OUXX

adventuress your WIP looks like one of those rough drawings that look very primitive for a long time but then become excellent very quickly, all of a sudden, at the very end, after everything has been carefully planned ahead.
I can't wait for that phase to arrive.

Safely landed. 3 days to finish it in time, well I did more difficult things before.^^
Hopefully hopefully.

Does it astonishes you OUXX? :-D
It would me surprise, if you were not able to follow my actions. I guess, you know that there is a lot more to this seemingly simplicity.

Mandle

I managed to get a bit of time today to work on my background of the risen city of R'lyeh...

Well, all I really managed to do was some shading and a bit of new concept art...

I doubt I can make the time limit, but I guess R'lyeh was not built in a day...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk