A Date in the Park

Started by shaun9991, Wed 26/11/2014 12:07:28

Previous topic - Next topic

shaun9991

Hi guys!

Apologies again for dredging up this old post, but I'd just like to say the A Date in the Park is now available free on Steam!

It's now got such fancy additions as Achievements! If you would like to check it out here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/468530/

I've been pleasantly surprised by the feedback and the reviews, it's all nice and positive so far! Was very apprehensive about releasing it into the big bad world of Steam! :)

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Fitz

Congrats! Glad to hear there are some people out there, outside our cosy AGS forums, still enjoying something classic retro. I'm trying to muster up the courage to maybe try greenlighting one of my games, but yeah, I'm still scared, my artistic choices are just borderline weird :)

CaptainD

Nice!  More AGs should have achievements :-D

AnasAbdin

Congrats shaun 8-) great to hear that.

Cassiebsg

Congrats, it's well deserved and I enjoyed reading the reviews on steam. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Two Tales

Congratulations for releasing the game on Steam. I too would be a bit apprehensive about it knowing how ruthless such a large community of diverse gamers can be.
I don't use Steam myself but it's great to see A date in the park on it.

Mandle

I've seen comments on YouTube on Markiplier's channel and Jacksepticeye's channel asking for them to play A Date In The Park...

These are guys with both over 10 million subscribers, and who get over a million views on every video within 24 hours...

I hope one of them plays the game...they have done AGS games in the past...

shaun9991

Thanks for the nice comments guys! :)

I must say I've been pleasantly surprised that the game has been doing really well on Steam - 29000 downloads and 86% positive reviews so far! It's been a great way to open the game up to way more people and get our name out there a bit more. We were lucky that the game was featured on the front page of Steam for a while which definitely resulted in a massive amount of hits on the game page.

Fitz: I would absolutely encourage you to try out Steam Greenlight! I could see Gray doing really well :) The same goes for a lot of AGS freeware developers - there's so many great games out there that would get a whole heap of exposure on Steam - and the Steam community seems less scary than I thought it would be. I think the one off fee is worth it if you can afford it :) Games like Camp 1 for example, people would go nuts for that!!!

Mandle: A couple of semi-big Youtubers played it, which was cool! I noticed one thing when Markiplier played our game The Terrible Old Man... it didn't seem to give us much more downloads. Though in terms of seeing how many people could now see our work... that was amazing!!! Would be interesting to see how much the effect would be on a commercial/longer game.
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

arj0n

Quote from: shaun9991 on Wed 17/08/2016 21:54:41
Fitz: I would absolutely encourage you to try out Steam Greenlight! I could see Gray doing really well :)

Absolutely! (nod)

kurt_indovina

To begin: this is my first post on the AGS forums, and much of the reason why I finally decided to join the community was because of this game. That isn't to say that other AGS games haven't inspired me to join in the past, but for whatever reason, this game made me officially want to get involved.

So with that said -- thank you Shaun for making this.

The games pacing and constant to build up to what I felt was an inevitably dark ending, still left the circumstances genuinely shocking and unpredictable. Also, the role of the duckling in the end was brilliant and comically perfect.

I hope to be more involved an vocal on here about other games. 

KyriakosCH

Nice game! :D

The duckling was evil :sealed:
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

shaun9991

@kurt_indovina Thanks for your kind words! I'm delighted to hear the game helped inspired you to get involved with AGS, this is what it's all about :) Do keep us informed of whatever you are working on!

@KyriakosCH Thanks! :D

Ali

A friend just tipped me off (based on me being in the credits for the Scrolling Module) that comedian Limmy has just streamed a playthrough. (Lots of NSFW language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06EZRwUSVtE

For people who don't know Limmy, he's a cult comedy hero. But he's known for extremely taking the piss, which from what I've seen he doesn't seem to be doing too much here. It's 12 minutes before he actually starts playing.

Durq

Quote from: Ali on Thu 11/04/2019 01:03:25
A friend just tipped me off (based on me being in the credits for the Scrolling Module) that comedian Limmy has just streamed a playthrough. (Lots of NSFW language)

For people who don't know Limmy, he's a cult comedy hero. But he's known for extremely taking the piss, which from what I've seen he doesn't seem to be doing too much here. It's 12 minutes before he actually starts playing.

LOL at the "if only I could pull finger and get learning" part.

shaun9991

I saw this come up on Twitter a couple of days ago - oh my god it's absolutely hilarious. The last few minutes had me in tears of laughter!!!

The game is admittedly absolutely ripe for piss-taking but it does seem like he enjoyed it, and he left a lovely review on Steam - so that's nice!

I love how this game was made 5 years ago but still pops up now and then in stuff like this :)

Ali

I haven't seen the whole stream yet, but my favourite bits were the comparison to Mortal Combat, and him calling the protagonist a c**t because he let the balloon get away.

lorenzo

Haha, that was great, thank you for the link, Ali!
I knew Limmy from Limmy's Show, I didn't know he was making videos about games.

Durq

Quote from: shaun9991 on Thu 11/04/2019 09:30:33
I saw this come up on Twitter a couple of days ago - oh my god it's absolutely hilarious. The last few minutes had me in tears of laughter!!!

The game is admittedly absolutely ripe for piss-taking but it does seem like he enjoyed it, and he left a lovely review on Steam - so that's nice!

I love how this game was made 5 years ago but still pops up now and then in stuff like this :)

shaun9991, what is going on with the "if only I could pull finger and get learning" line? I'm really curious now.

After enjoying watching A Date in the Park, I immediately purchased Football Game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk