Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition (Double Fine)

Started by Guybrush Nosehair, Sun 07/12/2014 00:32:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush Nosehair

For those who don't know, Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition has just been announced by Double Fine. This means that they are now remaking two of my all-time favorite games. Very exciting!

Babar

Cool. Considering Tim's personal connection to the game, it's at least a given that we won't get some phoned in flash graphics remake like with the Monkey Island games.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Armageddon

Man I was so disappointed in the Grim Fandango HD footage. Keep the 4:3 letter box, fine. But seriously re-render the scenes somehow, just adding some lighting and shadows to the characters with some fancy positioned based normal mapping. And Glottis's mouth is still messed up. I don't know man.

Gribbler

Quote from: ArmageddonMan I was so disappointed in the Grim Fandango HD footage.
My thoughts exactly. They should change the name from "Grim Fandango Remastered" to "Grim Fandango Now Running on PS4 and Modern PCs".

Chicky

Happy to have a version that's bug free and playable on modern systems but it is a shame the backgrounds are suffering in resolution, guess someone deleted the 3D scene data! :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk