Crowdsourcing Quiz Questions for AdventureX

Started by Ali, Sat 29/11/2014 13:20:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Hello!

At this year's AdventureX next weekend, I'm going to be hosting some kind of Adventurer's Tavern (Pub) Quiz about adventure games.

But, to keep the questions from being all about games I've played, I thought I'd ask for contributions from the AGS community.

Categories (so far):
- Golden Age Classics (Quest for Glory, Curse of Monkey Island etc.)
- 21st Century Adventures (Syberia, Machinarium etc.)
- Indie Gems (A Tale of Two Kingdoms, Resonance etc.)

I'd love some suggestions for both questions and categories. Please help, or it'll just be me asking, "seriously, how good is Riven?" over and over again.

-Alasdair

CaptainD

Category suggestions:
- Name the adventure game character from the description
- Name the adventure game from its Kickstarter description

I'll PM you some questions for the other categories later. :wink:

Azure

www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Haggis

Ali

These are all brilliant! A music round & name the death are both great and thanks for PMing some excellent ideas, Captain D.

Any more ideas I can steal and pass off as my own hard research?

Haggis

You could have a "Which character said this line of dialog?" round - not sure how easy/hard/evil you're going to be so whether you give them the title of the game it came from, or a multiple choice list of characters to choose from is up to you.

You could do a picture round? Suggestions being the a) blur or remove an object / character from a screenshot and ask what has been removed b) name the game the background location is from? In fact this would work with anything - name the game the character is from or simply name the character.

Lastly, to be ultra difficult, I don't know if you'll have handouts or if it will all be on screen but these are always fun - http://www.scopper.co.uk/quiz/quiz3ans.html
e.g. Give M with C to D P P = Give Meat with Condiment to Deadly Piranha Poodles
Problem is they are usually hard so people would need time to review them - when I've seen them used it's usually handed out at the start as an 'inbetween round' filler which is collected at the end of the quiz.

m0ds

And a "name 3 other ginger people" round? (laugh)

PS. Birkey doesn't count.

Stupot

All good pub quizzes have a dingbats round.

Ali

Haggis

Is it sad that I'm actually going to watch the whole episode...

classic TV.

Ali

So far I've got a pixel hunt round, a music round and a growing ream of questions. I'd welcome more question submissions, if anyone has any ideas. Added bonus: if you're coming to AdventureX, I will have no mechanisms in place to prevent you answering your own questions. More chances to win the prize*!

*There may or may not be a prize.

CaptainD

I demand that mechanisms be in place!  Not necessarily to prevent people answering their own questions... just, mechanisms of some sort.

Ali

All right, I'll bring a whisk. That's a mechanism, right?

m0ds

Ideas: Get people to name a writer/specific role of an obscure title? Someone in the back of the audience might be able to. Maybe a "developers and publishers" round or something. Who founded Cryo Interactive. I have no idea, but someone does. They might be in the back of the audience. If I get the chance I'll dig up some of the old Mittens quiz questions, I know I've got some of them lying around. Would be funny if someone heard their own question again. Probably someone sat at the back of the audience.

Thanks for doing this Ali! 8-)

PS. Karma bit back on my previous post (kind of). A. Birke will join you on a panel. Spooky! ;)

Stupot

How about a picture round where you have a character made up of different parts of ten or different game characters. So Guybrush's left leg, George Stobbart's hair, April Ryan's Right eye, Nelly Cootalot's patch etc. 1 point for each guess and 5 bonus points for whoever can get all ten. Or whatever works best with your scoring system.

Ali

So far I have good amount of on-screen rounds:

Mystery Music - guess a game from the intro.
Pixel Hunt - spot the game from a small segment of background.
Odd One Out - Spot the odd one out from adventure game characters, inventory items etc.

I could use some more straight questions, though. M0ds, if you have any Mittens questions lying around I'd be glad to incorporate them!

CaptainD

I'll send you some more Q&A.  It's probably the only way I'll get a decent number of correct answers... and even then, I'll probably forget the answers to my own questions! (roll)

m0ds

Damn some of those were tricky! Didn't even know what iMuse stood for... But glad I got the point for the Pleurghburg question :) Quiz was a lot of fun, pixel hunt was hilarious - thanks for all your help Ali - great job! :)

CaptainD

I don't suppose you could make an interactive online version for those of us who had to miss it?! :shocked: :cool: :tongue: :grin: :cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk