Sisyphus Reborn

Started by Myshkin, Thu 27/02/2014 12:22:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Myshkin

Hi everyone,

in an effort to motivate myself to completion I'm posting a progress report on my new game,

Sisyphus Reborn

This is my first attempt at using AGS to create an actual adventure game (with the pointing and the clicking), so of course I fall back on the tired old trope of amnesia. But in this game rather than ask "who am I?" I'm trying to ask more generally "why live?" You wake up in here:

and may find answers here:

Can you find meaning in an absurd and meaningless world? This is a question this game will probably not answer, but hopefully make you think about.

The style is going to be quite minimal, entirely hand drawn black and white pen sketches presented in glorious WIDESCREEN!. This game was actually started for the December 2013 MAGS ("Rebirth") but it became clear I wasn't going to make it in time for that. Now 2 months on, the end is finally in sight. It is still going to be a short game, and I would estimate 30 minutes for an average play through. The game is entirely written now, but I still have most of the sprites and all the GUIs to do. I would estimate I'll be done in a few weeks, but then again that's what I thought at the beginning of December...

Lasca

Can i use Camus for hints? ;)

Darth Mandarb

Are these actual in game screenshots (as the rules require)?  I see no GUIs, no cursor, etc.  The simple style is fine (of course) but they must be screenshots as they appear in the game.

Thanks for the update!

Myshkin

Hi Darth,

yes these shots are taken in-game. I just moved the cursor to the edge of the screen as I'm still using the default one (haven't made my own yet). The inventory slides off the screen, so there will actually be no visible GUI most of the game (except for the cursor).

Lasca: the game might actually start with a Camus quote (and end with a Nietzsche quote) if I decide to go "arty"... I haven't decided yet (laugh)

Myshkin

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by dredging up this post from the beginning of the year, but this is actually related to the same game. I originally planned to finish it about March I think... the game is now pretty much complete apart from the ending, so I plan to have it done in about a week. It's only about half an hour long and was mostly done early this year, but it sure took me a while to find time to finish it. Here's a new trailer for it:

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/4-oCoDxn1-o[/embed]

Matti

Looks interesting, I like the minimal style.

shaun9991

This looks beautiful, I like the concept. Looking forward to playing it :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Myshkin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk