MAGS December: "Cold and Dark" (Winner Announced)

Started by Atelier, Tue 02/12/2014 13:24:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Exam time, very sorry for the delay - voting time now!

• All The Way Down by Calin Leafshade - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1872/
• A Night That Wouldn't End by LostTrainDude - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1874/
• Until I Have You by Dualnames and AprilSkies - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51520.0

Please PM this account with your vote by 17th Jan. Good luck and thank you to our entrants!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic: 'Cold and Dark'

This month's guidelines were set by Dread Spectacle:

Since In December we have the beginning of winter (in the Northern hemisphere), the theme is "Cold and Dark": all games should be set in a cold and dark location. Maybe a Soviet gulag, or the remoteness of Outer Space, or an Antarctic research station, or perhaps the bottom of the ocean.

Ending 31st December

__________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

MAGS is a monthly competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, or provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

You may get help for the competition, although you must end up doing something yourself. You should however be warned that it proves difficult to organize a big team within thirty days. You are not allowed to use material already created before this competition. Your game must be completely new! Music and sound is an exception; you can use free material that is available to the public, if you wish. Modules and templates are also allowed.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

âÅ"“ A working download link
âÅ"“ The title of your game
âÅ"“ A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

LostTrainDude

I'm pretty tired and bored of working on another project I'm working on and I hope to find some "creative relaxation" with this 8-)
This image is all I have at the moment, but I'm "announcing" it anyway just to convince myself I'll make it in time (laugh)

I'm using Hexels Pro (the newest Beta version) for graphics and I'm trying a 800x600 resolution!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Stupot

Looks nice already LTD. Good luck man.

Ponch

Calin Leafshade

I'm going to have a go this month. Looks like fun.

Dualnames

I've begun work on something, chances of finishing, dim. We'll see.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LostTrainDude

Still far for completion, but still, today should be Screenshot Saturday, no? :D
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

GreenBeams

Aw, LostTrainDude, man.... that looks lovely. Just.. wow. Simple, atmospheric and.. have i said lovely?

I'm really intrigued to see where you take this!

Dualnames

For those who follow me on twitter, they've seen several screenshots over the couple of days, but here's one that showcases that the game exists.

I'm working on this with Andrea Ferrara also known as the female sensation of 2014, AprilSkies. We've both agreed that we will not delivered a half-assed game, so if anything if we don't make it, it's because the amount of polish wasn't as good as we wanted to. Now, chances are by Xmas we wrap this thing up and then test for a while. But this potentially a bigger project, one I'm willing to spend time working with the light system as well, showcased at AdventureX. Oh, and we have Dave Seaman on SFX.

Oh, and this is poetically named "UNTIL I HAVE YOU".
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

I like the way Jim added me right on the end as an afterthought! :P

LostTrainDude

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 19/12/2014 21:51:58
But this potentially a bigger project, one I'm willing to spend time working with the light system as well, showcased at AdventureX

Needless to say: I can't wait to see the finished product :D ...E grande AprilSkies!

@Yakatakatulla
Thanks a lot :D I really hope to make something nice out of those chunky pixels!

Calin Leafshade

Cassiebsg

That looks beautiful!

Oh, it's a sponsored publicity game! (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Atelier

LTD, Dualnames, Calin, all look great. Still a few days to finish, everything going OK?

Lasca

All entries looks really good and interesting!
@ Cailin: that's absolutely gorgeous!

Calin Leafshade

LostTrainDude

I'm really late on everything, I'm crunching as much as I can :(
Hope my Game Jam skills don't fail me just now :P

Can't wait to see the other entries, though.
@Calin: That really looks great!

AprilSkies

Crunch LostTrainDude! Crunch!
'cause you MUST finish it!
I love the screenies! The art is soo good I wanna play it!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Calin Leafshade

Err, due to other commitments over new years I might need a days extension.

Is that cool? like 23:59 1st Jan?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk