MAGS December: "Cold and Dark" (Winner Announced)

Started by Atelier, Tue 02/12/2014 13:24:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Tue 30/12/2014 20:48:46
Is that cool? like 23:59 1st Jan?

Yep that's cool, particularly as LTD would appreciate that too.

LostTrainDude

Amazing news! :)

Thanks Atelier and, while we're at it, Happy New Year everybody!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Calin Leafshade

Calin Leafshade

Presenting: All The Way Down.

Download: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1872/

LostTrainDude

I'm there! I swear :D Uploading in 10 minutes! :D (I'll edit this post, of course)

Here it is!

A NIGHT THAT WOULDN'T END

Far in the North, where the night may last for months, a researcher is left alone with his boredom and with an important research to complete.

(Is it possible to apply some little fixes after the deadline? For instance: the width and placement of a text overlay?)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mandle

Oh wow! A hattrick of games to play!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to all on making it in time! It's a crazy thing to attempt which makes it very satisfying to get it finished within the time limit!

I had tons of fun playtesting Until I Have You so I will leave that for last. Can't wait to see the finished product though of course!

So: All The Way Down first I think...

Armageddon

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Thu 01/01/2015 23:50:37
Presenting: All The Way Down.

Download: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1872/

Two things, Bedpost and Tin Can. Jesus Christ I haven't pixel hunted like that in ages. The story was flowing well and the tension was riveting except for those two 10 minute interludes of nothing. More music would have helped too.
Also, "That won't help." Playing even when you use an inventory item on nothing. I missed the candle by a few pixels twice and he said his catchphrase so I thought I couldn't use it there. The scrolling up title takes too long and it makes you miss hotspots very easily.
Other than that it was lovely. Great art, great effects.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Armageddon on Fri 02/01/2015 05:49:19
Two things, Bedpost and Tin Can. Jesus Christ I haven't pixel hunted like that in ages.
:D thanks for mentioning Tin Can. I would have to ask in Hints forum.

Cassiebsg

That's funny... (spoiler):
Spoiler

Bedpost and Tin Can.
... I thought "bed pole" even before I noticed a hotstop called "bed pole"...
As for the tin can, yes, I hadn't noticed it either... my mouse was already going to the opposite side of the screen when accidentally got past over it and I said "tin...? wait, there was something different there!".
[/quote]
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Three marvelous games. Great start to the year... Or ending to last year, however you look at it.

Until I have you. The controls are terribly hard, but it's too gorgeous not to persevere, and I think I'm getting better. With a bit of tweaking to the learning curve, this could be one of the classic non-adventure AGS games :-D

A Night That Wouldn't End. Very nice game. The puzzles were solid and the story was cute. I could have played more. Well done LTD :-D

All The Way Down. Really superb team effort and a great advert for Latency. Couple of pixel hunts (for me it was the tin can and the brake lever), but nothing a few more beta sessions couldn't have ironed out. Nice Lovecraftian atmosphere, great graphics, delicious voice acting, and interesting product placement for Spar :-D

MAGS Host

Exam time, very sorry for the delay - voting time now!

• All The Way Down by Calin Leafshade - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1872/
• A Night That Wouldn't End by LostTrainDude - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1874/
• Until I Have You by Dualnames and AprilSkies - http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51520.0

Please PM this account with your vote by 17th Jan. Good luck and thank you to our entrants!

Mandle

Ponch

kconan

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 13/01/2015 17:09:25
What a great batch of games! :cheesy:

Agreed, biggest hat trick of awesome I've seen in a MAGS competition.

Dropped Monocle Games

Found it very hard to pick one... can I vote for all 3?

MAGS Host

Results!!

2 votes - A Night That Wouldn't End by LostTrainDude
3 votes - Until I Have You by Dualnames and AprilSkies
7 votes - All The Way Down by Calin Leafshade

Congrats and thanks to Calin, LTD, Dualnames and Aprilskies!

AprilSkies

Well deserved ^^
congrats to the winner!
That comp was really funny ^^
and also a bravo to LTD, with his great little game ^^

www.apemarina.altervista.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk