Collateral Jelly

Started by Ghost, Sun 24/02/2019 03:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Quote from: Kweepa on Sat 23/03/2019 05:57:58
Spoiler alert: that's a puzzle from Zaphod's portion of Infocom presents Douglas Adams' Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy by Steve Meretzky.

Damnit! I even played that game! I totally forgot about that puzzle... but rest assured, in context it will be very different. It's more or less an introduction to Willow's personal brand of "thinking odd", and resembles the children's peek-aboo game more than fiddling around with your ever-so-useful towel :)
edit:
No, I'm positive that the ideas really are different. Hitchhiker is about consulting the guide to learn about a weakness that is unique to the beast and then exploiting it. I remember not even reading up about the creature in-game, because I knew the source material well enough to figure out what to do. So, yes, similar for sure, but not a direct copy.

Frodo, Dactylopus & everyone-
It was hard to make that post. Even with the hidey brackets. But now that it's out there I feel relief. As I said, what held me back for so long was the (perceived) fact that the net is full of these "Oh I am so sad" posts and the reaction would just be eye-rolling and snark. It took me ages to accept the fact that yes, there's this illness inside you, you are not quite right in the head, you do need help. Still not quite there; openly talking about it, well, still feels odd and risky. But as I said, AGS is an old place and I have trust in it.
Thanks for your kind posts: They are an incredible support.

Creamy

Hi Ghost,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Spoiler
QuoteI have reached a point where old beloved hobbies sound exciting again, and aren't something to run away from. Shit grows roses; I should know.
To stop drawing and making games is something I've been considering too. Last year, I had this firm resolve to waste less time on that and do more social activities or useful stuff. But I didn't quite succeed and I still have kind a love-hate relationship with AGS.
[close]

Ponch

Hey, Ghost. Good to see you're back. The game looks cute. Sorry to hear about your problems, but hang in there. AGS is the best medicine.  :smiley:

Dualnames

Ghost, no matter what, no matter how, not to make you feel pressured, but know that I love you and believe in you alone enough for the entire universe. <3
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Cyrus

Ghost, I'm also wishing you the best with your health; I'm sorry I didn't say so right away, I saw your latest posts only now. How are you?

Ghost

Things are improving. We'll see this through
Next update should be around sometime soonish  (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk