Guard Duty - Available for Windows, Mac and Linux!

Started by Chicky, Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

Our publisher is looking into alternative storefronts at the moment, gog didn't accept Guard Duty sadly.

For people like yourself who backed on Kickstarter and want a DRM free copy I will make sure you get a copy regardless of which storefronts it's available on.

dactylopus

That's very exciting news!  Looking forward to it!

JSH

Quote from: Chicky on Thu 04/04/2019 21:59:22
Our publisher is looking into alternative storefronts at the moment, gog didn't accept Guard Duty sadly.

What the heck, that makes no sense. They've published a number of AGS games in the past  :-\ Did they give any explanation?

In any case, the game looks amazing :) Will 100% buy and play on launch!

Chicky

They gave us some feedback and it seems they might reconsider if it does well on Steam, so I guess we'll see. I get the impression they're being a little more selective with their games recently, also with GD being our first commercial game I can understand why they might be a little cautious.

Good to hear you're hyped JSH, really looking forward to getting my hands on WoaM!

--

Less than three weeks now, I can't wait for everyone to finally play Guard Duty.  ;-D

Andail

While I think it's a good idea to be more selective about their games (Steam should be, too) it sucks that Guard Duty won't appear on GoG on release day. Let's hope it sells enough elsewhere for them to change their minds!

Athanor

Quote from: Chicky on Thu 04/04/2019 21:59:22

For people like yourself who backed on Kickstarter and want a DRM free copy I will make sure you get a copy regardless of which storefronts it's available on.

GOG is becoming more and more an embarassement, they reject many great games which would fit perfectly to their "Good old Games"-criterion (A Tale of Two Kingdoms and Grimoire come to mind but there are many more). A shame really. I find itch.io to be a great alternative to GOG.
I'm no backer but I don't like DRM of any kind. Now many indie-developer publish their games on Steam without the actual DRM (Steamworks), which is a good thing. For me, a game is DRM-free if I can play it (once downloaded) right out of the folder without any clients attached, being able to copy it to my laptop and play it there as well. May I ask if your game will need the Steam client to run in the background or if it will be DRM-free in my definition?

Thank you and all the best with your very appealing project!

Chicky

Hey Athanor, we're still waiting to get the final word on storefronts to buy the DRM free version. I'll update this thread when I have some more info.

--

Update: We're just SIX DAYS away from releasing Guard Duty now, I still can't quite believe it myself  8-0

Frodo

Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait!    :cheesy:

Chicky

Thank you all so much for the support over the years <3 These final few days are crucial to getting the word out and making sure I can work on another project after Guard Duty.

Please help support the release by sharing the Steam link with your friends, on social media or with strangers on the bus.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872750/Guard_Duty/

Three days!

Hype!!

CrashPL

Thursday can't come soon enough! So hyped for this!

Frodo

Quote from: Chicky on Mon 29/04/2019 11:35:02
Thank you all so much for the support over the years <3 These final few days are crucial to getting the word out and making sure I can work on another project after Guard Duty.

Please help support the release by sharing the Steam link with your friends, on social media or with strangers on the bus.

Have you got the DRM-free link ready, that we can share around?   :smiley:

Chicky

Two days!

Super hype!!

Frodo

I'm excited for this.   :smiley:

You should really post a DRM-free link that we can spread around. 

Chicky

21 HOURS TO GO!

(gif compression has kinda killed the colours in this one)

Chicky

Guard Duty is launching TODAY! 09:00 PT / 16:00 GMT

Excuse me whilst I hyperventilate in the corner.

Athanor

I'm so ready, bringt it on! :D
I absolutely adore your graphical style! It looks very unique and individual.

Pardon me, but may I ask my question again: If I buy the Steam-version of your game, can I play it "out of the folder" once downloaded - or does it need Steam running to do so? If it runs without the Client, I'd even prefer Steam because of the delayed updates I've experienced with many games on other platforms.

Frodo

Athanor

Unfortunately GOG has become a bunch of nuckleheads lately so I don't have high hopes. But I gave it my vote.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk