Guard Duty - Available for Windows, Mac and Linux!

Started by Chicky, Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

Guard Duty is an ambitious puzzle adventure game, following in the footsteps of titles like
Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Simon the Sorcerer and the Discworld series.

The game features a unique three act story with an open world to explore, carefully paced
puzzles and two radically different timelines.

Story

When a teenage apprentice stumbles upon his mentor's collection of Demonic literature he
learns of a long forgotten ancient ritual, a recipe for destruction, death and the promise
of immortality.

With evil in his eyes the apprentice embarks on the journey of a lifetime, one reaching
far across the depths of time and space.

'An exchange of royal blood for an eternity on the throne, to be king of the underworld,
ruler of the mortal realm.'

Characters

Take control of the first dynamic duo with a heritage line spanning multiple millennia!
Destiny speaks of two men that can stop the young soon-to-be ruler of the world, well,
more like one and a half men:

Agent Starborn, time travelling Lieutenant General of the Guardians of New Haven!

...and Tondbert, Night's Watchmen of Wrinklewood, part time drunk and three quarter dwarf.

Gameplay

As you puzzle your way through this unique three act story you will get to do a bunch of cool stuff like:
Catapult yourself across a bottomless chasm of doom, save a Knight from a giant Sandworm
or even TRAVEL THROUGH TIME AND SPACE.

---

Guard Duty is due to release in Spring 2019.

Art, story and game design by Nathan Hamley
Programming and additional game design by Andy White

---

Follow us:

Web
Twitter
Indie DB
Facebook

Cassiebsg

Looks and sounds great! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

I don't get how the scifi and the fantasy setting are connected but I really want to find out! These are some gorgeous pixels!

AnasAbdin

Awesome story/art/everything!
The contrast between the backgrounds -realms- is amazing. I can't wait to play this game.

Gurok

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!
I want to play it nowwwww!!!

Story sounds like a true adventure too.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Dropped Monocle Games

WOW this looks great! I love the art.. nice work :D

Dualnames

"I can't make games" he said.

"I can't draw" he said.

CHICKY, YOU CHICKY BASTARD!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Fitz

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15resurrect a dead horse

I'm getting a strong Bioshock: Infinite vibe here! Well, the Bioshock: Infinite early promos, at least :P

KodiakBehr

This may be the most wild plot I've seen here in ages.  Very interesting in learning more.

I<3Pindorama!

I
t
  's

M
      i
        i
          i
           i
            n
             e
              e
               e
               e

Matti

This looks very nice!

CrashPL

Yes, the graphics and the general art style/direction is awesome! Looking foward to playing it!

Eric

What a wonderful thing to have sprung on me this morning. This looks great!

miguel

It does look fantastic! Great stuff so far, good luck!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Chicky

You're all awesome! Just got back from AdventureX to see all these lovely comments :)

selmiak: You'll have to trust me on the story, it's wild but should feel like something fresh. I wanted each act to add something new for the player, like three interwoven mini-stories. If there was a subtitle it would probably be something like 'Horseback to the Future'.
Dualnames: It's been a long ride but I eventually found my style, all thanks to this very inspiring community (and you too bbz)
KodiakBehr: Thanks! Hopefully the story isn't too wild ;) Watch this space for a dev-blog link.
Fitz: Score! The first 30 minutes of Bioshock: Infinite were my favorite, I loved walking around Columbia and watching all the NPC's. If I can come close to this i'll be happy!
I<3Pindorama! Um. Thanks, I think! :D

To all commenting on the artwork, you're the reason I do this. Big grin on my face right now!

You can follow me on Twitter @Chicky___ (three underscores!)

Dualnames

Hey babe, i'm gonna stalk you so hard! Wonderful to see you pumped <3.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Sslaxx

Shall be keeping an eye out on this one!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Stupot

Looks sweet, Chicky. I knew you had something up your sleeve. (laugh)

Baron

Awesome that this has been revived rebooted!

Mati256

My Blog! (En Español)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk