Guard Duty - Available for Windows, Mac and Linux!

Started by Chicky, Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Thanks again for doing the podcast, it was great to get the scoop on this awesome game and geek out on some cyberpunk with ya. :cool:

And yeah, wow, this is looking even more awesome than I thought! You weren't kidding when you said some of the new trailer material was leagues ahead of the original Kickstarter one!

(I hope my voice acting for that Guard Duty demo thing was alright! That's some tough footage to live up to! :D )

xBRANEx

This is the pnc game that I am most excited about in years. I'll be buying this.

Chicky

That really means a lot xBRANEx, music to my ears ;-D

Your voice was great Spook! Thanks for helping a brotha out :=

Also thanks for your continued support Creamy!

selmiak

the new stuff is getting better and better. I love that planet destroying animation :D Really BIG!!!! :-D

Riaise

Chicky

A new screenshot for you fine folk :)

What ferocious beast has our dear hero uncovered? Tondbert helps save one of the Knights of Wrinklewood in his epic quest to find Princess Theremin.

AnasAbdin

Oh my that Wrinkleworm is nightmare material :~(
Guard Duty is one of the best pillars when mentioning games made by the AGS engine.

CrashPL

Man, this is beyond excellent! Can't wait to play this! :D

CaptainD

This looks so awesome... stop attending game exhibitions so you have more time to actually finish making the game!! (laugh)

Blondbraid

Wow, that really looks like an exciting puzzle! 8-0

Chicky

Thanks again for the lovely comments all!

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 26/02/2018 17:49:06
This looks so awesome... stop attending game exhibitions so you have more time to actually finish making the game!! (laugh)

Well, about that...

Guard Duty has been picked for the Indie Prize finals, showcase at Casual Connect London 2018 at QEII Centre, London, United Kingdom on May 29-31st, 2018

If anyone is in London and fancies a week of Indie goodness, do drop by and say hi :)

We're also showcasing at Norwich Games Festival again this year, the event will be held at The Forum, Norwich from Monday 28 May â€" Sunday 3 June 2018. Guard Duty will be showcasing on the Saturday and Sunday (2nd and 3rd of June).
This is a bit more of a relaxed event with free entry on the door to anyone who wants to drop by.

---

Anyway, how about some non region-locked content:

Guard Duty has a new poster!

It's the last one this time, I promise! Created by the incredibly talented Exit Mothership.

---

We also have a new blog post, discussing some of the progress we've made this year and our future plans in a bit more detail:

https://sickchickenstudios.tumblr.com/post/174115159151/guard-duty-a-development-retrospective-devblog

---

...and to finish it off, here are some new screenshots for you :)

Thanks for keeping the positive vibes going, we've got a lot of fun things to show in the coming months. *cough* a proper trailer *cough*

SilverSpook

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Chicky on Mon 21/05/2018 17:38:41
Guard Duty has a new poster!
It's the last one this time, I promise!

Not that we're complaining! The more the merrier (laugh)
Congrats! Really well deserved (nod)

ManicMatt

Awesome cover!

I've been looking at the clips, and I'm in shock at the butterflies, the parralax like scrolling, the animation, everything is sooo polished!

Privateer Puddin'

Blondbraid

That poster looks awesome, totally something I'd put on the wall in my room!

Beezy

I say indeed, with utter confidence that this game looks to have a lot of potential! I'm excited to see where it goes, and the development process.

dactylopus

Very exciting to see progress.  Looking forward to the release!

Crimson Wizard

See what horusr have found (posted on discord):
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=22529.0
:D

And it was not locked through all these years.

Now THAT's a progress.

Chicky

Haha, yes this project has been about 14 years in the making. :=

I wrote a blog post about it a while back if you're interested: https://sickchickenstudios.tumblr.com/post/121221180521/guard-duty-a-development-retrospective-weblog

Also thanks for your lovely comments guys!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk