Guard Duty - Available for Windows, Mac and Linux!

Started by Chicky, Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobo

Quote from: Chicky on Thu 24/05/2018 22:58:38
Haha, yes this project has been about 14 years in the making. :=
Can't wait to see what the project looks like after the next 14 years :-D
Great poster and loved the new blog post, glad to know that the game's nearly done. And I wouldn't worry too much about the promised release window, take you're time and polish it until it's perfect.

Chicky

The official trailer is here!

I told you we had some neat stuff coming up :)

Guard Duty has a brand new trailer and is now available to wishlist on Steam.

Trailer on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/NcVo4-fc5Dw

Steam store page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872750/Guard_Duty/

Help us spread the word:

It would really help us out of you could share the Steam page on any social platforms you might use. We're trying to really push the word out for this trailer and it's people like you that can help us do that!

Point and click that share button ;)

As always, thanks you!

dactylopus

Awesome trailer!  So much great art and animation, and the music and voices add a lot as well.  This just makes me that much more excited.

Chicky

Thanks dactylopus! Despite my best efforts, the reach for this trailer/Steam page promotion seems to be pretty limited. If anyone could help us out by sharing the Steam link on their social platforms it would help us out immensely.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872750/Guard_Duty/

AnasAbdin

Got your back buddy (nod)
I'd encourage everyone to do so, Guard Duty is one of the games people need to see what AGS is all about.

FireFlower

Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

Jim Reed

This is gonna take all the awards, it's just that wonderful.

MrPr1993

OHHHH Wow. This is beautiful! Woah. That long it took? whew... That is quite a project
Born from the 93's

Chicky

Hey all!

Guard Duty is coming along nicely, I've got somewhere around 95% of the art and coding together now. We're at the stage where we're doing internal alpha testing and working on the sound design. We're also tweaking a few things along the way.

We've recently updated our inventory to allow for my items on screen at once:

I was also looking for some input from you all! Which of the two mouseover styles do you prefer? I'm leaning towards B, as I feel A clutters the screen a bit too much (even more so when using X on Y)

A:

B:

dactylopus

Glad to hear that this is coming along.  It looks wonderful.  I really like how large and detailed the inventory items are.  Looking forward to seeing what they all do.

As for your question, I agree completely that B is better and that A feels a bit cluttered.

Keep up the good work!

Durq

Matti

Yes, definitely B, I always prefer a fixed hotspot label to a hovering one. It's a very nice font btw :)

Good luck with the final stage(s) of the game!

Riaise

Good to hear that things are progressing well! ;-D

I'd also say B. It looks a lot neater. :)

Cassiebsg

Looking good! :D
I also rather have the fix text at he bottom. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

ManicMatt

Guess I'm in the minority here, I say A. I don't have to glance at the bottom of the screen, it's right there where I'm looking.

Frodo

I'd have to say A.
I like the floating text, next to the cursor.

SilverSpook

Also a fan of B, even though I think Neofeud used A, lol.

Great looking stuff as well! Really looking forward to this. :)

Cassiebsg

Uhm... if you already have both coded... make it an option. You can default it to your favorite B, and for those picky like MM and Frodo they could just check the A box. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

josiah1221

Wow, this is looking really good! Love the big inventory, reminds me of the Discworld games. I'm with Cassie, if you've already coded it then use both and the player can choose. It's a win win. :)

BunnyShoggoth

I really love that combination of fantasy and sci-fi, reminds me of Chronicles of Amber!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk