Guard Duty - Available for Windows, Mac and Linux!

Started by Chicky, Sun 07/12/2014 09:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Quote from: Athanor on Thu 02/05/2019 16:42:06
Unfortunately GOG has become a bunch of nuckleheads lately so I don't have high hopes. But I gave it my vote.

Yeah, have to agree with that.  They've gone downhill a lot. 
Still, they're better than steam. 

Athanor

Quote from: Frodo on Thu 02/05/2019 17:24:40
Quote from: Athanor on Thu 02/05/2019 16:42:06
Unfortunately GOG has become a bunch of nuckleheads lately so I don't have high hopes. But I gave it my vote.

Yeah, have to agree with that.  They've gone downhill a lot. 
Still, they're better than steam. 
But only because of their DRM-free policy. They have a terrible update procedure for example (some games being outdated for months or even abandoned). Another thing I like about Steam: They allow me to get a refund for a purchased game without questions which is a good thing as I can try if a game is DRM-free or not (many indie games are DRM-free). If it is DRMified I simply demand a refund.
I just purchased Guard Duty on Steam, I just couldn't resist - and it seems to be DRM-free once downloaded! :)

@Chicky: In the game menu the game version is stated as "0.92" - shouldn't that be "1.0"?

Chicky

It's here! Guard Duty is now available on Windows, Mac and Linux!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872750/Guard_Duty/

Thank you all for your support over the years, we honestly couldn't have done it without you.

Guard Duty was a true passion project, an idea initially conceived way back in 2006.

The game started life as a hobby project, something developed in any spare evening after work, since then I've changed job three times, been to three weddings and four of my friends now have children!

We've learnt so much throughout development and have truly grown as the game developed, after 4.5 years it's finally here.

I can't wait to hear what you think of the game, thank you all for your support and words of encouragement.

Enjoy your time in Wrinklewood, don't forget to stop by the Drunken Monk.

Complete games announcement coming soon!

--

Athanor: Thank you for the kind words. Honestly I've not tried pulling the game files from the steam installation folder and running without Steam, we're using the AGSteam plugin but I'm not sure if Steam adds something extra after you upload the build. We will be updating the version number soon :)

Frodo

I think you can only get a steam refund within the first 2 hours.  After that, you're out of luck. 

Athanor

Quote from: Frodo on Thu 02/05/2019 18:15:33
I think you can only get a steam refund within the first 2 hours.  After that, you're out of luck. 
Within the first 2 hours of playing the game, yes. That's more than enough time to try to start the game without the client and figure out if it's DRM-free or not. ;) And you don't have to justify your refund demand at all (on GOG that's only the case for their early access titles if I remember correctly).

@Chicky
Congratulations to the release, I'm looking forward to sink into the game soon. :)
As far as I understand the matter, Steam itself doesn't add DRM by itself, it's always the game developers who decide if they want to pollute their game with DRM. I'm glad you didn't so I'll be able to play the game on my cozy old internetfree laptop. ;)

Amir

Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chicky

Thanks for the kind words all! I'm running on 4 hours sleep  :-D

I've created a Complete Games Announcement thread if anyone wants to continue the discussion  :)

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=57137.0

Darth Mandarb

It's bittersweet to be locking this thread... I feel like an era in the GiP has ended now that we won't be seeing this in here anymore!

Either way; congrats on the release and best of luck (and get some sleep)!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk