[MODIFICATION] AGS v.3.3.2.0 Draconian Themed Code Editor

Started by ChamberOfFear, Wed 10/12/2014 05:55:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Come on, people kept asking to add Draconian dark theme to the "official" AGS editor, and when we have an actual test build no one wants to try out ???

PS. Hmm, maybe we should update the first post and topic title?

Dave Gilbert

I think there might be some confusion. This is an update to AGS 3.4.1 that you released recently? Or is it an update to the Draconian version of the editor? The name of the thread is confusing. Since I use 3.4.1 exclusively, I don't want to mess anything up.

Crimson Wizard

Yes, you are right, this is too confusing. I guess I did a mistake posting this.

Dave Gilbert

Crimson Wizard

The one mentioned in the first post is an old update to 3.3.2, which was never officially released.

The one I posted in the recent post here is a new update to 3.4.1 which ChamberOfFear made recently. It is a completely new version, that works differently, in theory even letting you edit colors of the theme yourself.

It just that I cannot advise to use it with real 3.4.1 projects yet, because it's based on further development branch (after 3.4.1).
Actually, I might check which changes editor has got, maybe it may be safe to use with 3.4.1 games too.

I posted this simply wishing other people played with it a little, because there is an open pull request which we may merge to our master.

In fact, we could just merge it, assuming there will be new period of beta test anyway.

Dave Gilbert

Ah. OK. In that case I will hold off testing it. Thanks.

selmiak

This is really interesting and confusing. Just merge it. The editor colors from the main brain CW just linked seems more interesting to me as it might become part of a stable AGS version sooner...? Or be tested sooner?! yeah, confusing, just give us a stable AGS editor with dark color theme (to play around with) ;)

Alan v.Drake

I think this thread should be closed and a new one opened.

- Alan

NicolaGs

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 25/01/2018 12:56:05
Come on, people kept asking to add Draconian dark theme to the "official" AGS editor, and when we have an actual test build no one wants to try out ???
Found some time to test it. It works fine.
My first game : I Want Out!

Crimson Wizard

Ok, ok. Sorry for confusion.

There is just one set of issues I found, related to the bad JSON format (it crashes editor hard): https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/pull/427#issuecomment-360509823

So long as the theme is provided by a skilled human this won't be critical for WIP release, but has to be fixed before version may be called stable.

Crimson Wizard

Added in the WIP release: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55829.0

I would like to close this thread, because it was started years ago. Maybe create a new one for further discussion (if necessary).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk