Indiana Jones and the Gold of Gengis Khan (Indiana Jones e l'Oro di Gengis Khan)

Started by Monsieur OUXX, Sun 14/12/2014 22:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

Alright, I know that the game is in Italian (I'm not an Italian speaker myself but I want to play this game so badly I'm trying anyway).

I'm stuck in the first room!
Spoiler

Indy says he won't leave the room without his wallet. I've searched the room : the bed, the drawer, etc. but couldn't find it. I've found Hemingway's book though. I've tried to open the driving license* but Indy won't open it.

*On an unrelated topic: It's hilarious how I've searched "taccuino" in google images (to know the meaning of the word) and the item sprite is one of the very first image results ;) I see we have the same work process!
[close]

EDIT ...AAaaaand of course after searching for 15 minutes and giving up, I found the answer litteraly seconds after posting this. That's not too big a pixel hunt, but still a pixel hunt </frustrated gamer> ;)

Gabarts

It was the very first room I designed in AGS, considering my scripting experience back then (not that now is bigger...) it was the only solution! :) Good luck with the rest, I warn you... there will be another one! Just one... very hard to find.

Monsieur OUXX

Well apparently it's not the only case of pixel hunting, there's one in almost every room ;)
Spoiler

- The right-hand-side flower in Venice is almost invisible. The red one is OK, though.
- And that mela. THAT MELA! I saw it under my mouse for half a second then spent 5 minutes moving my mouse veeeery slowly to find it again, just to realize it was gone forever, but somehow happened into the dialog options.
[close]

But anyway, I'm stuck again, for other reasons:
Spoiler

I'm in Venice, I have the two flowers, the bread crumbs, the fish, the green apple (I've taken a bite from it).
I've realized that the fish prevents the seagull from flying away.

>> But I'm not sure what I must do.
- Indy won't take the Gondola (despite the fruit merchant telling him to go to Barber street).
- Also I'm not sure how to get the "object high up" (above the fruit merchant). I've tried the whip, but Indy says it's catching the attention too much. So I think it has something to do with the seagull, but I've tried "picking it up", "giving it the fish", "giving it the bread crumbs", "talking to it", "using it", using the fish (and every object) on the seagull, using the fish on the lantern, on the floor, etc. Basically I've tried everything with the seagull and with the fish but I just can't find what to do.

[close]

Gabarts

Where are you from Monsieur? :) You know italian very well, I can see... you have almost done the first part, you just need some c....

Monsieur OUXX

Gabarts

Hey Monsieur, how's going? :) If you got all you need in the inventory it's just a matter of combinations! :)
Then comes a very logical solution...

How can I add spoilers?!

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Gabarts on Thu 18/12/2014 18:51:33
If you got all you need in the inventory it's just a matter of combinations! :)
Now I know that I didn't miss an object, then that should help. Thanks!

EDIT: sorry, at first I didn't understand your question "how can I dadd spoilers?"
Here is how you do : [ hide ] spoiler [ /hide ]  (remove the spaces)

Gabarts

FINE!

Here the big hint...

Spoiler
It's an items combo to get a very toxic item :)
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Gabarts on Fri 19/12/2014 11:04:56
Here the big hint...

Spoiler
It's an items combo to get a very toxic item :)
[close]

Spoiler
If you're talking about mixing the bread crmbs with the red flower, then I've done it, but I don't know how it helps.
[close]

Gabarts

Don't worry, as soon as the english version is ready, I will make the complete walkthrough for the chapter :)
It's not funny but I'll do it! I'll put an italian+english version in my page, so the ones who cannot resist can complete it in some minutes...

Monsieur OUXX

If you could just give a hint
Spoiler

When you say "you need to make something toxic" that doesn't help much because I can't see at all where it would be needed and what gave a hint of such a toxic chemical needed anywhere. What is this related to ?

For example, you could say: "Did you notice that the fascist has a very bad digestion, and that any spicy drink would make him lose his mind?" or anything like that, rather than "you need to make a toxic liquid"
[close]

Cassiebsg

Spoiler

Where on earth did you find a fish and a seagull? ???

I do have that very tasty toxic thing though, no idea what to do with it either...

Hint on toxic
Spoiler

Remember Indy complained about the apple?
[close]
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gabarts

Hi Cassiebsg,

The fish is not so hard to find once you have found the seagull...

The seagull is in the dock area, or "Dock's alley" as called ingame. Just behind the orange fascist guard. Of course you need to pass first! ;)

Here little christmas gifts for you guys

Spoiler
Talk with all, more than once and that worm is pretty useless alone, but is crucial to go on!
[close]

Also

Spoiler
Once you find the seagull, the fish is in the very same area, just do a weird thing on a stupid pole
[close]

Cassiebsg

orange guard? Am I missing a room somewhere?
Have only seen a blue and a green guard. :shocked:

EDIT:
Okay, you probably meant the green guard, as I've now pass him. (laugh)

Gabarts

Monsieur OUXX

About the apple
Spoiler

I've bitten into it and Indy says it's not very good (I can't understand exactly what he says because I don't speak Italian) BUT then I've tried to see if there was a worm inside (my Point-n-click instinct tells me to ALWAYS look for the worm in the apple) but didn't find how to do. I've looked at the apple, "used" it, etc. How do I get the worm?

[close]

Cassiebsg

Spoiler

When in doubt try everything... but I think I opened it.  (nod)
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Kitty Trouble

I'm stuck in the first room too, can I get a hint..?

Edit:

Spoiler
I figured it out, but now stuck on the chest combination. I did open the notebook.
[close]

Cassiebsg

Quote from: chaosgodkarl on Thu 25/12/2014 08:10:24
Edit:

Spoiler
I figured it out, but now stuck on the chest combination. I did open the notebook.
[close]

About the chest...
Spoiler

Try different combinations of the words...
Draw them on paper if you can remembers them...
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk