Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure

Started by Mr Underhill, Wed 17/12/2014 10:39:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Click'd

Where other games have the "I can't reach that" excuse, you got an acrobatic cat. (laugh)

Blondbraid

I think that may just be the single most awesome cat in gaming history! 8-)

Frodo

Nothing can stop Kitteh  :wink:

So cute! 

Mr Underhill

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth putting the extra few hours into fun little animations like this, but hey, apparently it is! Thanks, you guys :-D

Cassiebsg

Sure it is!
That's what adventure games live on, small details like that just show how much care and love the developer has put into the game. (nod) And you doing it brilliantly! Keep it up. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mr Underhill

Hey, so, in case you were wondering what's taking this game so long to appear, among others it's responses. Custom responses. LOTS OF THEM.

But everything is better grasped visually, so I made a gif:

...this number doesn't include the actual bulk of the writing, that is character to character dialogues.

Fun times! (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Love the BG!
And yes, lots and lots of text... that some players will never actually see (some just do the basic to get the game moving, or just follow a walk-through missing all this richness! 8-0)

Keep up the long, tedious and fun work. (laugh)

Mr Underhill

Thank you, Cassie. Well, they always say adventure games aren't big on replayability, so while it doesn't affect the plot, you can have another go just to see what you've missed.

I was initially considering a "rubbed everything on everything" achievement, but at this point it would be nigh unachievable (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Oh, not me, I click everywhere!
I like to exhaustively search a "room", before I move on (not to say I actually find everything the first time though). (laugh)

Mr Underhill

Happy Halloween, folks! Hope you have a better one than Kitteh ;)

Mr Underhill

Hey peeps.

New Kickstarter update is up, clickety-click!

I know those of you who backed us (thank you again!) already know, but I figured I'd link it in here for everyone else, too.

We talk about moving office (gasp!), getting two more girls on the team (double gasp!) and being content complete. Check it out!

CaptainD

Great to see you're getting near the end of development!

An encouraging thought for you - the last 10% takes as much effort as the previous 90%! 8-0 8-)

Mr Underhill

mkennedy

Do you have any plans to set up a steam page? This will definitely be going on my wishlist!

Mr Underhill

Definitely coming really soon. We keep saying "Hey, we should put that Steam page up" to each other, and keep getting caught in production stuff.
It's coming! ;-D

Mr Underhill

Sneak preview of Don's appearance in our upcoming launch trailer.

(He won't be looping in the trailer)

It looks 3d-ish, but it's just lots and lots of transparent pngs (30, to be precise) being moved around and scaled at different speeds.
When you can't afford 3d, fake it! ;)

TheFrighter

Quote from: Mr Underhill on Fri 16/03/2018 12:50:44
It looks 3d-ish, but it's just lots and lots of transparent pngs (30, to be precise) being moved around and scaled at different speeds.

Smart idea! ;)

_

Blondbraid

Wow! The latest animation looks great, nice 3d effect! 8-)

Cassiebsg

Frodo

Stop... stop pointing at me.  I didn't do it.  I'm innocent, I tell you.   *cowers behind the settee:tongue:

Seriously though, AMAZING effect!  Love it!  :grin:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk