Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure

Started by Mr Underhill, Wed 17/12/2014 10:39:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

It looks more 3D than 3D! I swear it looks like his hand is coming out of my monitor.

It's the dark arts!

Mr Underhill

Thanks guys! Dark arts are what we do (nod):-*

Mr Underhill

So, what's been up with Gibbous, you ask? Big KS update coming soon, but the tl;dr is that the game per se is done, and we're super hard at work implementing the ~12,500 lines of dialogue, plus the animated cutscenes. Cthulhu have mercy on our souls!

Until then, here's a x20 speed Transylvanian scene to tide you over. I've always loved how beautiful clouds' shadows passing over hills looked, so I had to have it in the game  ;)

TheFrighter

Quote from: Mr Underhill on Sat 12/05/2018 10:02:25

Well done Underhill, very atmospheric!

Spoiler

Where is the light source for the shadows of characters? I'm a bit confused...

[close]

_

Blondbraid

Wow, that last screenshot looks absolutely gorgeous! 8-0

Cassiebsg

Stunning! (nod) :-D
Keep the good work!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mr Underhill

Thank you all! Your feedback is super-encouraging, while soon releasing the game is hella frightening :)

Quote from: TheFrighther on Sat 12/05/2018 11:29:49

Well done Underhill, very atmospheric!

Spoiler

Where is the light source for the shadows of characters? I'm a bit confused...

[close]

_

Artistic license :D light is moving at a waaay slower rate (x20 so), so it wasn't really worth the effort to move the characters' shadows; also, they're actually lit by a different, off-scene light. It makes more sense at normal speed than I'm making it sound :D

Mr Underhill

Hey guys! Thought I'd let you know what exciting things have been happening lately in zee world of Gibous.

Yesterday we went into the studio with Rolli, an INCREDIBLY talented local 18 year old violinist. An incredible contribution to the soundtrack - we were absolutely blown away.

He took a glance at the music sheets, and was like "Yo, can I improvise?". We gave him an enthusiastic go ahead, and... Well, it's all in the video below, but to give you the tl;dr EVERYTHING is 100% improvised, and all takes were absolutely perfect and will make it into the song as they are.

Truly mind-blowing. We're super grateful to all our backers for allowing us to afford such jaw-dropping talent.

https://youtu.be/mnWpiEEdnhY

Frodo

WOW, that guy is amazing!  :cheesy:
Thanks for sharing this. 

Mr Underhill

W00T, thanks! We just published our latest Kickstarter update, containing much more info about where we're at. Check it out! :)

Mr Underhill

It's screenshotsaturday, so here's a bit of our launch trailer!

selmiak

Cassiebsg

Everything just looks so good! (nod)
Good job and hope you're getting close to a release. (nod)(nod)

Mandle

Does the sentence continue after "Experience an occult"?

Just asking because "occult" is an adjective and needs a noun following it to make sense.

For example: "Experience an occult ritual."

Probably you guys have it covered but thought I'd mention it just in case...

Blondbraid

Mr Underhill

Thanks guys!
We are getting closer to release, just editing and inserting voices into the game like there's no tomorrow.

Basically, it would probably have been out by now, had it not been for me insisting on having unique responses to all possible combinations, which resulted in a script the length of the freaking...
I mean, here you go:

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 01/07/2018 17:19:17
Does the sentence continue after "Experience an occult"?

Just asking because "occult" is an adjective and needs a noun following it to make sense.

For example: "Experience an occult ritual."

Probably you guys have it covered but thought I'd mention it just in case...

Yeah, it does. I cheekily ended it there so it left people a bit curious. It goes "Experience an occult globe-trotting adventure" :)

Cassiebsg

Uhm, not sure that worked. I just thought "why is is it cut?".

Mr Underhill

Heh, yeah. Well, it is just a gif. Getting this trailer right takes so damn much I might as well show off bits here and there.

Have you guys - who've already had trailers out - had such a hard time getting yours right too? Is it just me?

Mr Underhill

Speaking of trailers...

https://youtu.be/JAMl8W2HeDE

Whew! That sure took a lot to come out :) Alright, back to feverishly finishing this game.

Also, here's the Steam page. It would really mean a lot to us if you took a moment to wishlist it. Apparently Steam's hermetical and unholy algorithms take the number of wishlists into account, the more there are the more visible the game on launch. Thanks!  :)

Cassiebsg

Wow! That was an awesome trailer! :-D

Wishing you and your team the best of luck! (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk