Crankosaurus Prime and the Blue Crystal Pursuit V1.8: The Fangs of Fortune

Started by MiteWiseacreLives!, Sat 20/12/2014 09:37:28

Previous topic - Next topic

MiteWiseacreLives!

[imgzoom]https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/e327/qvcr8l1ml84bir86g.jpg[/imgzoom]

MiteWisacreLives! is pleased to reveal:

Crankosaurus Prime and the Blue Crystal Pursuit   V1.8: The Fangs of Fortune

Awoken from his slumber by 3 meddling villains, Crankosaurus Prime must go on an inter-continental journey to retrieve three Blue Crystals stolen from his icy tomb. Crankosaurus will battle through using Brains and Brawn, his super-powers increasing as each Blue Crystal is retrieved! What fiendish plot are the Mad Scientist and his hench-men purposing for the Power of the Crystals...

Originally an incomplete MAGS entry, the tale now boasts:
- 11 puzzle filled levels!
- 4 epic'ish Worlds!
- Smash, Push, Special Crystal Attack, Grab and Look At anything that stands in your path!
- Make Things Implode!
- Feel clever as you outsmart your foes at every turn!
- Stomp around as a giant dinosaur!
- Eat farm animals!
- Giggle like a school girl as you enjoy the antics of the cast!
- You will no longer need to see Jurassic World!
- 640 pixels! and also 480 pixels going the other way!
- Stereotypes!
- Roaring!
- AGS references you will "get"!

-Update April 12th 2015: Now updated to Version 1.84! Major bug fixes and loads of added content, play now!

*link to download page*

[imgzoom]https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/57f5/88jn421cq6r7j9i6g.jpg[/imgzoom]

miguel

Finally! I was really craving for this and I'm not alone, here are some of my neighbours reactions when I sold them a CD-copy of your game for 5 euros:

"This is better than a Walker-Texas Ranger Box Set - The Complete Seasons I asked my wife for Xmas!"
"The wait is over and I can't even see because I'm blind!"
"Honey, forget sex tonight, I've got better things to do!"
Working on a RON game!!!!!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: miguel on Sat 20/12/2014 11:04:49
Finally! I was really craving for this and I'm not alone, here are some of my neighbours reactions when I sold them a CD-copy of your game for 5 euros:

"This is better than a Walker-Texas Ranger Box Set - The Complete Seasons I asked my wife for Xmas!"
"The wait is over and I can't even see because I'm blind!"
"Honey, forget sex tonight, I've got better things to do!"

Normally I would be flattered, but this is exactly what I expected.

CrashPL

Yippe-kay-yeah, I just love how I can attack/chomp most of the things in the game. :D Great writing, and grand work overall, I really enjoyed it. ;)

CaptainD

Mandle

MUST...PLAY...GAME!!! Thanks for the early Christmas present! I'm gonna be eating this one up ASAP! ROOOOAAAARRR!!!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Thanks a bunch everyone!
Hope you have as much fun playing it as I did making it  :-D
Although, I hope it doesn't take a year and a half for you to finish... that would stop being fun :-\...

I<3Pindorama!

Mandle

Just finished the game right now:

That was an INCREDIBLE amount of fun!!!

At times it really felt like I was playing the old Rampage arcade game: CRUSH-KILL-DESTROY!!!

RAAAAAAAWWWWWWRRRR!!!!

And also the puzzles were very clever for those moments of clarity when I wasn't just smashing everything in sight, and I must say WELL DONE right here on fitting so many complicated puzzles into a game where you play a 30ft tall dinosaur bent on revenge.

Wonderful game which really shows off the effort you have put into it!

Shadow1000

Upon completing the game, here are my thoughts:

Overall, I really enjoyed the game. I like the creativity of the extra actions such as use power, attack and push. The graphics and animation are just perfect for this game. The amount of destruction, where destruction is usually the solution to things :), is just satisfying. But in addition to the fun interface and environment, the humour was very entertaining, I did notice the Canadian reference in there. As far as the puzzles, they actually were right in that spot where you had to do some thinking to solve them without getting to the point of being frustrating or unreasonable. I realize that this is one of the most challenging parts of designing a game because it's impossible to know how the user approaches the puzzle, so kudos for that!

Unfortunately I did get stuck at a dead end that was a result of a glitch. I'm glad I asked and found out what went wrong so I could load and try again.

Anyway, overall a great job!

Cheers

SHADOW

I<3Pindorama!

I get to feel envious of the two friends right above ...
I'm currently stuck in the scene where the ship docked.

I consider brilliant the idea to use the goat on the first level as a discrete tutorial. Helped me a lot! The next scene gave me a bit of work to understand the last thing that should be done ... this part made me mad!

/!\   
Spoiler   
Spoiler
I thought the next scene was independent with no connection to the former. As I had not caught the canvas ... I was totally lost without the goat to help me. LOL
[close]
At the time I need to take a break, but i will return to investigate that fireplace...  8-)

Thanks for this fun and challenging game!
Congratulations, Mites!
        /
       /

MiteWiseacreLives!

I appreciate all the generous comments you folks have made regarding Ol' Cranky!  ;-D
Any feedback is also welcome as work on V1.8 is underway, despite a crashed computer  :-, so please feel free to critique.

There's also this if you are looking for tips:
Hints Thread

Monsieur OUXX

Someone please mirror this game! I've been trying to download it 4 times, but with my bad connection and Mediafire together, I never succeed! Yagh!

MiteWiseacreLives!

YOUR WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!!!
New version 1.8.4 of Crankosaurus Prime is ready!
If you haven't played Crankosaurus before, this version is much improved. If you have played before, this one is loaded with new content and surprises that aim to please, so give it a whirl!
As always any and all thoughts are welcome.. Although I am about to leave town for a few weeks, I should be able to visit AGS once and a while.

Link to download page

Or if want to skip that (and deny me the pleasure of seeing the number of downloads grow  :( ) --->

New Crankosaur (Media Fire)
New Crankosaur (Drop Box)

Mandle

YAY!!! Congratulations mate on the release of a truly great game!!!

I had a lot of fun testing this version and can honestly state that it is a superior version of what was already a really fun and original AGS title!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk