Indiana Jones and the Gold of Genghis Khan - English/Italian

Started by Gabarts, Wed 24/12/2014 18:09:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabarts

Europe, 1939: Indy finds himself once again hot on the trail of an ancient treasure. A famous diary, thought lost to the world forever, has been found. This discovery leads Indy to Venice to seek out the book, and then onwards to the East, deep into the mysterious Oriental kingdoms which once lay under the iron-fisted rule of Genghis Khan.

In this bitter time, overshadowed by the threat of cataclysmic war and the power struggles of two meglomaniacal fascist leaders, Indy must tread his way carefully through the political intrigue of war-time Europe, while also attempting to solve the ancient puzzles which could ultimately lead him to: The Lost Gold Of Genghis Khan.

The game takes place just after Indy has returned home from "The Last Crusade". The player steps into Indy's shoes as he must steel himself for the coming struggle against Mussolini's fascist forces to reach Ulan-Bator first, armed with enough knowledge to beat them to the treasure.

Remember to download also the instructions text!

BETA Version 2.5

Indiana Jones and the Gold of Gengis Khan - Chapter I
CREDITS

Main Concept, Graphic, Music, Programming : Gabriele Ciucchi "GABARTS"
Additional Programming : "AprilSkies"
English translation, Proofreading and Text editing : Ross Kevin Moffat -AKA "Mandle"-
Beta-Testing : "UtDefault"

A big thanks to all the people who supported me and helped me creating my game. And MERRY CHRISTMAS to all! ;-D

Mandle

And a MERRY CHRISTMAS to yourself mate!

And also a huge CONGRATULATIONS on the release!

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

bicilotti

Looks a juicy xmas present!
Any chance of having a .zip instead of a .rar? Unfortunately .rar is seldom linux friendly :embarrassed:

Gabarts

Quote from: bicilotti on Thu 25/12/2014 11:05:10
Looks a juicy xmas present!
Any chance of having a .zip instead of a .rar? Unfortunately .rar is seldom linux friendly :embarrassed:

Sure, I will update a zip file as soon as possible.

Cassiebsg

Looking forward to play this one again, just so I can get the full text. :-)  The Italian just run a bit too fast for me to follow up with it.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gabarts

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 25/12/2014 11:50:52
Looking forward to play this one again, just so I can get the full text. :-)  The Italian just run a bit too fast for me to follow up with it.

Thanks Cassie, I'm sure you will enjoy the great work of Mandle ;)

Mandle

Quote from: Gabarts on Thu 25/12/2014 14:07:02
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 25/12/2014 11:50:52

Thanks Cassie, I'm sure you will enjoy the great work of Mandle ;)

Cheers mate! It was truly my pleasure!

I also had a selfish motivation: I really wanted to play the game!

Monsieur OUXX

For some reason this game is far from having a sufficient level of polish EDIT: most bugs fixed in version 2.5, but since it's Indy, it works, and it's enjoyable! :D
Kudos for the original locations.

Gabarts

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sat 27/12/2014 12:36:02
For some reason this game is far from having a sufficient level of polish, but since it's Indy, it works, and it's enjoyable! :D
Kudos for the original locations.

Thanks. I would really love to develop MY adventure in full hi-res backgrounds and original characters someday... that would be awesome. But I had this idea of making some sort of retro Indy game to explore AGS and I'm happy you liked.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Gabarts on Sat 27/12/2014 13:16:09
I would really love to develop MY adventure in full hi-res backgrounds and original characters someday...

I wasn't talking about the graphics, but about all the other things -- the ones I've been extensively whining about in other threads :) These are what makes good games! ;)

Gabarts

You are talking about puzzles? Or the fact that you had hard time solving them because of some kind of bugs?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Gabarts on Sat 27/12/2014 17:25:11
You are talking about puzzles? Or the fact that you had hard time solving them because of some kind of bugs?
I'm talking about the weird interactions and pseudo-bugs. No offense though!

Gabarts

The game is under investigation... I received some helps around. Thanks to UtDefault who have done a great beta-testing of the game. Also a programmer in the "Indiana Jones and the seven cities of gold" is helping me with some noticed bugs. I'm going to rewrite some puzzles and some updates will be coming...

AprilSkies

Gabarts, it's always a good thing when some critics and some advices comes from veterans, such as MonsieurOUXX.
It was the same for me.. Err it's still the same! It helps a lot!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk