[close]

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Tabata

… to the winners and nominees â€"
you all delivered cool stuff!

AnasAbdin

Congrats to all winners and nominees! 8-) :-D

Problem

This was a wonderful ceremony! Congratulations to all the winners and nominees, and thanks to Snarky for all the hard work to make it possible. :)

Snarky

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees! And well done to Quest for Infamy for giving Blackwell Epiphany strong competition!

Like I said in the ceremony, I fell behind on my game-playing last year and didn't have time to do my usual "play the nominated games during the voting period" due to working on the ceremony, so I've only completed a few of them, but from what I've seen they all look very award-worthy. Shame that The Samaritan Paradox (which I'd particularly highlight for some rather devious puzzles) and A Golden Wake (which I've been completely charmed by just from gameplay videos) went home empty-handed.

I'm also glad it sounds like people enjoyed the ceremony. Sox, you said you were recording? I look forward to seeing it on YouTube; I was too preoccupied to really get the full experience live. I also have a log that includes the "silent" portions missing from bicilotti's version, but it includes all the application communication as well (updates for people moving, and the multimedia control commands), so I'll have to strip that out to make it readable.

I apologize for any crashes, glitches or other bugs. If you did experience problems, please leave a bug report in the other thread. Suggestions for improvements are welcome! And I want to thank the many people who helped update the ceremony (and whom I've been bugging with nearly constant PMs in the last month or so): bicilotti, for running and hosting the awards year after year! Dualnames for providing the code from last year, advising on the programming, helping with testing and assisting with directing the multimedia part last night. Calin Leafshade and Crimson Wizard for making a patch and special AGS build that made the individualized character scaling possible. Noa Vana for her song, which she animated herself! Daniel Thomas and Andail for the brilliant red carpet background. Ali for sending the PSD of the main background, enabling the "lights out" effect. All the people who contributed music, particularly highlighting Mods and Problem, who gave me a lot to choose from. All the beta testers, whose immense patience helped turn a buggy mess into a relatively smooth experience. And finally, all the people who contributed avatars, which I think made the night a real AGS party! Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and I hope the NSFW afterparty ("AGS After Dark," as I called it in my head) was an acceptable compromise between the people who wanted to see some of the raunchy material from previous years and those of us who objected to that stuff. I really wanted the event to be something everyone could enjoy and not be put off by, without at the same time Disneyfying it completely.

Wyz

I regret not being there last night; but I look forward watching the event on YouTube when that comes available. Looks like everyone had a good time and I'm psyched about that (especially Noa's performance). I would not have guessed the client could stand the time and still deliver like this :-D. It'd like to thank everyone (especially Duals previous year and Snarky this year) to bring it to the next level!

I hope it has been a inspiration to game developers professional and aspiring, proving AGS is still very much alive, and we see more awesome games next year! (nod)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Blackthorne

Snarky, that AGS client was above and beyond, and a ton of fun! The whole affair was awesome.  I'm really surprised by the wins Quest For Infamy got, and it was just amazing how many great AGS games were made in 2014. Everyone who was nominated just had phenomenal work; to even be considered part of that pantheon is amazing, so winning anything is truly an honor. You're all so talented and creative, and being a part of this community is a real treat.  I'm constantly amazed by the quality of games people are creating - from the traditional adventure games, to the crazy things people do with AGS, like Beer! and Red Hot Racing... when I was a kid, hacking away on an old Apple ][+ when I was a kid, I don't think I could have imagined that something like this would exist, and that I would still be doing the stuff I loved almost 30 years later. 

Thanks again for everything, everyone. I hope everyone keeps on producing, creating and dreaming up amazing games.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

noavana

Well, I didn't get to actually enjoy much of the ceremony :cry: I guess my computer and internet connection weren't up to it this year..
Glad to hear everyone enjoyed the show. Looking forward to watching it on youtube!!
I'd like to thank Snarky for the great idea and opportunity. I had fun recording and animating for it.
Hopefully, next year we'll have the full band on stage for another song :tongue:
Clearly, from the bits I did get to see, a lot of effort, blood and tears were put into this ceremony and it looked and sounded very impressive! Great work everyone!

Monsieur OUXX

I'm shocked that Ponderabilia wasn't even nominated for anything. I feel like I'm the only one who loved that game except for its maker ;-D

Grundislav

Really enjoyed the ceremony this year, and it was so cool to have custom avatars and the opening red carpet and after party! The game was a real work of genius.

There was some amazing competition this year, so to have A Golden Wake nominated for so many categories was a real honor! Congrats to the winners and fellow nominees.

Dropped Monocle Games

First of all thank you to everyone that nominated Goat Herd and the Gods, even tho we didn't walk away with any awards this year, I'm very happy that we got nominated in many of the categories :D
Second, a HUGE congrats to everyone that did win an award.
and last but not least fantastic work Snarky, it was much smoother this year, I'm glad to see it was a bit cleaner this year and had no problem with the NSFW after party, I felt that was a good idea as anyone that didn't want to see that kinda content could leave after the main show :)
I loved that we got to use our own characters!

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 23/03/2015 10:16:48
Sox, you said you were recording? I look forward to seeing it on YouTube;
I did indeed, and it is ready!
YouTube Link

Dualnames

Glad to see everyone has accepted the political correctness of the ceremony, glad to see the ceremony much improved. In all honesty, I knew it would be a bad decision to join the ceremony after last years encounters, and it still hurts to see so much hypocrisy lying around, I felt it was a good decision to join, turns out it wasn't. I'll just leave this here, and leave the discussion as well, letting you guys to much lighter/cheery tones.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Myinah

Yeah Snarky really well done! Congratulations on an absolutely rip roaring success. So much smoother and less crashy. I hope you are very proud :-D

I entirely agree that it was great to have a fun awards ceremony all could attend without feeling uncomfortable, and that the optional NSFW content was included after the main event for those who wanted it. A very diplomatic and fair approach. Well done for navigating those waters skilfully too :)

Calypso

Congratulations to the winners and nominees and big thanks to the organizers! This year's ceremony was great, I loved the red carpet and other nice features (such as the songs). Looking forward to the next year already. 
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

Snarky

Quote from: Myinah on Mon 23/03/2015 16:22:02A very diplomatic and fair approach. Well done for navigating those waters skilfully too :)

Not skillfully enough, apparently... :~(

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 23/03/2015 15:28:41
Glad to see everyone has accepted the political correctness of the ceremony, glad to see the ceremony much improved. In all honesty, I knew it would be a bad decision to join the ceremony after last years encounters, and it still hurts to see so much hypocrisy lying around, I felt it was a good decision to join, turns out it wasn't. I'll just leave this here, and leave the discussion as well, letting you guys to much lighter/cheery tones.

I'm sorry to see this is still such a sore topic for you, Dualnames. I wouldn't have brought it up at all if I knew you'd react this way, and mentioning it honestly wasn't meant as an attack on you. Planning and implementing the ceremony gave me greater appreciation for how difficult it is to design an event that has to target everyone in the community, when we don't all agree on certain things. What I came up with is no doubt biased in favor of my own opinion, but I did genuinely try to accommodate people on the other side of the issue as well. If it makes you feel better, from some of the comments in chat there were certainly people who would have preferred a more non-PC version of the ceremony. Hopefully it didn't ruin anyone (else)'s night.

I really appreciated your help and support during development and the event itself, and I got the impression you came around on the question of being involved, and ended up enjoying it. I've tried to make it clear whenever I can that the core parts of the program is all to your (and Wyz's) credit: I don't actually think I fixed a single serious bug in the existing code, apart from eliminating the chat bot. The fact that the backend was already working well freed me up to work on fancy new features that may look cool but are actually comparatively much simpler. So even if you regret your involvement, I certainly don't!

I hope a small thing like acknowledging a disagreement about suitable content doesn't ruin it for you.

Dropped Monocle Games

The YouTube video is up :D

[embed=560,315]http://youtu.be/ofc2Ccw3hRQ[/embed]

Myinah

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 23/03/2015 17:22:02
Quote from: Myinah on Mon 23/03/2015 16:22:02A very diplomatic and fair approach. Well done for navigating those waters skilfully too :)

Not skillfully enough, apparently... :~(

I think you did it as skillfully as anyone in your position could have. I think we know you can't please everyone but you listened to the minority members of the forum and gave us a space where we felt welcome. And while I did not wish to partake in the NSFW after party I understood it was for those who wanted a more risqué ceremony and that they have the right to have that if they want. It's about compromise and realising we aren't always entitled to have everything exactly the way we want. That means some accepting a cleaner AGS awards, and some accepting they aren't really going to enjoy the NSFW after party. You tried hard to give everybody something and that's more than many people would do and I can respect that.

Also the more pc tone of the awards meant I was happy to have family members watching which was nice :)

Blackthorne

Oh, I guess I wasn't supposed to say "Holy Balls!" in surprise when we won that one time.  I was honestly shocked.  Hah. Mea culpa.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Adeel

Screw politeness, I'll swear like a good ol' pirate every time. Come to think of it, kids shouldn't even be allowed in the ceremony. It's only for mature, responsible adults.

And, Ponch, you're welcome! :=

AGA

Thanks for the Award, people.  I was unfortunately watching The Who in concert, so couldn't make it to the ceremony.

Oh, and I added the relevant Awards to each game's credits (and mine and Edmundito's forum profiles).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk