AGS Awards 2014 [winners!]

Started by , Wed 31/12/2014 23:19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Welcome to the AGS Awards, the event where the you, the player, choose the best games of the year!

Another year, another round of shiny trophies from the community to the community; it is the AGS Awards 2014!
Partying is over, check the winners on the wiki!

Step # 0 - play the games!
You have some time to play games made in 2014. Do it now!
Step # 1 - nomination time![/size]
Select games you deem worthy in each category!
Step # 2 - vote, folks!
Pick from the nominees and we get a winner!

Step # 3 - party!
Big party to celebrate the winners!

The ceremony will be at:

Sunday 22 March, 20:00 London time

To attend:
The AGS Awards game-ceremony 2014

-- Download AGS Client (alternative link) --
(The client runs only in DirectDraw 5. If you try to run it in Direct3D/DirectX9, you will get a "too many sprites" error on launch.)

or

IRC client of your choice (like xchat) (tutorial here), or just use your web browser (warning: more of a resource hog and a high risk of failure!).
Server: irc.agsarchives.com Rooms: #ags and #awards

Party like it's 1990 in this thread!

bicilotti

Since I was asked on IRC, as per this post, awards eligibility is based on release date. If you added your game to the database too late (i.e. after 31/12/14), please notify me so I can pester AGA to hammer the entry.

Moderators, could you please unsticky this? thanks

Andail

Funny how last year's thread had like 10 pages worth of debating at this point!
Also, out of curiosity, when does the nomination phase begin?

bicilotti

Quote from: Andail on Fri 16/01/2015 21:53:45
Also, out of curiosity, when does the nomination phase begin?

I usually wait a bit for FYC posts to come in. It seems there will be no more, so I'll contact AGA.

AprilSkies

Quote from: bicilotti on Sat 17/01/2015 03:21:22
It seems there will be no more

Mmmh
there are some other good games not there.
Can someone different from the author put agame there?
I guess yes

www.apemarina.altervista.org

cat

Sure, go ahead! I did the same last year for games that were not posted by the authors.

bicilotti

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 17/01/2015 15:20:42
[T]here are some other good games not there.
Can someone different from the author put agame there?
I guess yes

Quote from: cat on Sat 17/01/2015 15:26:34
Sure, go ahead! I did the same last year for games that were not posted by the authors.
^-- So much this.
It is not only possible, but encouraged!

bicilotti

Nominations are now open!
Check the conspicuous banner above, play games, choose your favs (and thank AGA for his excellent job)!

Gurok

People who haven't yet nominated are being told they've already nominated. :/
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

AGA

Whoops, I accidentally forgot to change a '2013' to '2014' in the code, so it was seeing people's votes from last year.  Should be fixed now.

Calypso

Shouldn't we be able to specify which character are we nominating for Best Character? This feature was available during last year's nominations. Now is probably too late to fix this though (yep, I have discovered this issue just a day before the deadline :))...
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

cat

Only twelve hours left! Just did my nominations.

I'm glad I managed to play a decent amount of games mentioned in the FYC thread. That is, only to discover on the nomination page, that there were so many other games eligible for the awards this year, even some blockbuster games :(. Well, I guess if the author does not bother to mention his or her game in the FYC thread, why should I bother to play and nominate it...

Mandle

My nominations are in...May the best games win!!!

Hope I can make it to the awards this year. Last year was a blast!

[delete}

Nominated too. Was not an easy task. Now I hope for all my favorites of the year.

bicilotti

Quote from: Calypso Starlight on Sat 07/02/2015 18:36:44
Shouldn't we be able to specify which character are we nominating for Best Character? This feature was available during last year's nominations. Now is probably too late to fix this though (yep, I have discovered this issue just a day before the deadline :))...

Duly noted, I'll see if we can whip something (someone?) for phase ][.

Nominating will close soon, I'll tally the votes ASAP. For now I can share 56 (fiftysix) people nominated.

Radiant

Quote from: bicilotti on Sun 08/02/2015 23:07:30
Duly noted, I'll see if we can whip something (someone?) for phase ][.

An interesting question here. Suppose game A contains characters Jim and Bob, who get ten votes each, and game B contains character Mary, who gets fifteen votes. Does the "best character" award go to game A, which scored 20 votes against B's 15; or should it go to game B, since Mary got more votes than either Jim or Bob?

bicilotti

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 09/02/2015 00:26:37
An interesting question here. Suppose game A contains characters Jim and Bob, who get ten votes each, and game B contains character Mary, who gets fifteen votes. Does the "best character" award go to game A, which scored 20 votes against B's 15; or should it go to game B, since Mary got more votes than either Jim or Bob?

Mary, I say, as it's not Best Characters but Best Character.

bicilotti

Nominations are out!
Grab them while they are hot HERE!

jonkk

Awww, NO! Is nomination time over?! I didn't get a chance to enter my brilliant one-room point-click jam game! Me SAD! :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk