All The Way Down (MAGS December)

Started by Calin Leafshade, Fri 02/01/2015 00:11:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Sat 03/01/2015 20:03:44
That's a useless warning. I have no idea why AGS feels it necessary to warn about that.

I know right?! I solved this "issue" for a guy in Beginners questions by basically telling him to solve it just make sure debug mode is turned off when he releases the game, otherwise don't worry about changing anything. (laugh)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Sat 03/01/2015 20:03:44

Quote from: Arj0n on Sat 03/01/2015 18:55:22
Warnings.log:
Spoiler

(in room 6): Character.RemoveTint called but character was not tinted
[close]

That's a useless warning. I have no idea why AGS feels it necessary to warn about that.

It's not useless; warnings like that bring developer attention to what could be logic error in their games.

Crimson Wizard

Calin, can you please re-release the game using one of the latest AGS 3.3.1 / 3.4.0 ?
The version you were using is not compatible with official AGS engine, and I have already got a bug report from Linux port user :(.

E: I think there is some minor difference in compiled format.

(It also has that terrible scaling selector in winsetup)

Anian

I have question about an item:
Spoiler
what's the rope for? I haven't used it for anything
[close]

To be honest, the voice acting sounded a bit flat, but not really bad, but otherwise great little game.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

ddq

IndieRetroNews

The latest in Kickstarter, Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Mandle

Quote from: ddq on Wed 07/01/2015 17:28:56
Now featured on Rock, Paper, Shotgun and PC Gamer.

Wow: Congratulations!!! It's a shame though that they didn't mention that the game was made in under one month, and that a more complete/polished version might be coming out in the future...

Chicky

Really fun! I loved the cold eerie British atmosphere, it's something that we missed this festive season (still holding out hope for snow...).

The voice acting was pretty good, my favorite was the creepy old guy in the pub.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 04/01/2015 16:56:08
Calin, can you please re-release the game using one of the latest AGS 3.3.1 / 3.4.0 ?
The version you were using is not compatible with official AGS engine, and I have already got a bug report from Linux port user :(.

E: I think there is some minor difference in compiled format.

IDK if that matters for anyone, but I made a fix to 3.4.0 branch to make it read and run this game, luckily the experimental custom resolutions version game was created with had a distinct format tag in it.
So, in theory, other ports should be able to run it too.

Haggis

On the back of the update above I played through this, and wow the atmosphere is fantastic.

Interested in how you achieved the snowfall effect at the start - it's incredible! Is it video based? Anyway, very well made, real professional feel to it - especially the voice acting.

Calin Leafshade

The snow is a fullscreen animation made in after effects. It's only really possible at low resolutions because of AGS's restrictive sprite cache.

selmiak

Great games need a Solution, here, have a longplay and get interested in this game now by me pushing up the topic :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUVe3oIIMk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk