Precipice - A Short Cyberpunk Detective Game - OUT NOW!

Started by Armageddon, Fri 02/01/2015 11:28:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

Precipice is a short point and click cyberpunk adventure game set in rain-slick Caracus. You take control of Detective Alex Traeger on his journey to discover a synthetic's final secret.

Graphics: 100%
Puzzles: 100%
Scripting: 100%
Music/Sound: 100%

Play.

CaptainD

Ah so THAT's what those cyberpunk screens were for!!!

Looks very cool. 8-)

CrashPL

I really dig the minimalistic style and the pixel animations on the second screenshot. Best of luck with the project. :D

Stupot

Excited to see where this goes.  Good luck 'Geddon ;-D

Crimson Wizard

Gfx remind me of Future Wars for some reason.

LostTrainDude

Ah! Great to see that those backgrounds were "real"! This looks great :D
Best of luck for this project!

If I may ask, what are you using to make graphics?
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Armageddon

Thanks for the support guys! :-D

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sun 04/01/2015 02:06:40
Gfx remind me of Future Wars for some reason.
That was my main influence!

Quote from: LostTrainDude on Sun 04/01/2015 03:26:14
If I may ask, what are you using to make graphics?
I use GIMP.

Gurok

Hope you squeeze in more Blade Runner references :D
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stupot

Quote from: Gurok on Sun 04/01/2015 03:30:08
Hope you squeeze in more Blade Runner references :D
And a couple of Weird Science references, too.(laugh)

Btw, is Alex Banks the great great grandson of Alfie Banks?

Mandle

AWESOME!!! I was hoping that you weren't just experimenting with styles and that there was an actual game behind it all!

I want to play it yesterday...So get it out ASAP or you're gonna have a WAAAAAAHmegeddon on your hands from me! (laugh)

AprilSkies

I already love it.

I was following the thread about the art.

I found it very good!

Go on this way please!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

selmiak

This is looking cool. the miniature size is also interesting. Have you ever considered using one of the custom res AGS builts and squeezing it into a smaller custom res size? Some 16:9 mini HD stuff... keep it up!

AnasAbdin

Armageddon

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 04/01/2015 23:36:01
Have you ever considered using one of the custom res AGS builts and squeezing it into a smaller custom res size? Some 16:9 mini HD stuff... keep it up!
I'd love to but I can't find that build on the forum? ???

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 05/01/2015 05:16:16
Why are awesome looking games short? :~(
Because these things take time! It's mostly a prototype for a future and larger game I'm planning though. So you may be seeing more of it soon. :-D

Made two new backgrounds today, but you're going to have to play the game to see them. Finally got a two-point perspective in there, so that's a feature.

Armageddon

selmiak

why no completed games announcement thread?
Just 'completed' it by saying I have no idea. I thought I could further investigate when choosing this option but it was all over after this, that was a letdown as my 'conclusion' didn't change anything at all. But maybe this is also intended as nothing matters in this dark future world. All in all very linear and no puzzles at all. gfx are okayish, the music is cool.

AprilSkies

Oh great! Downloading!

EDIT: playing right now and i find it marvellous.
Great mood and atmossphere. and excellent pixel art. Essential but still so cool.

Only one thing I suggest: i launched it as it is, without setupping: the res istoo much for the laptop i'm using right now. I'd need a 3x zoom.. so my suggestion is to make the default launch in full screen or compile it with the last version of ags and use the "max neib. filter".
This way it'll be suitable for all players, even if they dunno how to manage ags setup ^^

anyhow, thanks. great game!
Going on playing.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Darth Mandarb

Is this released (IE, no longer in development)?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Armageddon on Mon 05/01/2015 11:18:25
Quote from: selmiak on Sun 04/01/2015 23:36:01
Have you ever considered using one of the custom res AGS builts and squeezing it into a smaller custom res size? Some 16:9 mini HD stuff... keep it up!
I'd love to but I can't find that build on the forum? ???

You must be kidding... :(
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51050.0

Dualnames

Is this given up? Cause besides atmosphere and a "surprise" factor it kind of wraps up a bit too fast. But it's really good, even though it lasts for like 6 minutes.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk