Don&Bastian

Started by Squall_Leonheart, Tue 06/01/2015 17:00:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Squall_Leonheart

DON&BASTIAN 

Clown ad Wizard

Hello everybody, I'm a new member from Italy!
I have been using  Rpgmaker  for a long time to improve my making passion, but recently I've decide to start to use  AGS.
But now, I'll try to talk about my project!

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay features are  the classical Lucasarts game, so a point and click games.
I use the 9-verb script for the GUI (with a little changes by me).
In the style of Maniac Mansion, the player are able to change  character in every moment using a simple icon below the GUI (Not visible in the screenshot).

LIGHT ON

LIGHT OFF

STORY

The story tells about two characters : Don and Bastian.

Don is a clown, Bastian a wizard.
The story begins when Bastian, accidentally forgets various items for his magic show. When he comes back home, he sees a group of thieves whose aim is to search a specific object, possesed by Bastian in a secret strongbox. Luckily, they don't find anything . When Bastian remains alone, he picks up the object and he runs in a library to find more information about it.

A similar story happens to Don.
Summarizing, the wanted items are divided in three parts which, putting them together  they displays a mystic power. Bastian have one, Don have another one and the thieves have the last one.

(You can see the object at the center in the Title screen :) )

Title screen

The video shows the Title screen animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v-LBqUYgLU

This is it the other side of the main room of Bastian's house. I wanna add a carpet to the floor, but naturally first I have to clear the walls.

I hope in more comments and suggest by yours :smiley: See ya and sorry for my bad English!

arj0n

Nicely done, those curtains (video) and good luck on the project :)

Darth Mandarb

You need one more in-game screenshot! 

Update pronto please!

Squall_Leonheart

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 06/01/2015 18:10:53
You need one more in-game screenshot! 

Update pronto please!

I'm so sorry, now it's ok?

Quote from: Arj0n on Tue 06/01/2015 17:43:58
Nicely done, those curtains (video) and good luck on the project :)

Thanks a lot:smiley:

I hope to post a new room very soon!

Darth Mandarb

That's technically the same background! 

The rules require two different screenshots.

Squall_Leonheart

Sure, now I've post an other room!

selmiak

hah, i know these kind of things, I have some sketches that look almost the same left over but never finished the game i was making, so please, now that you published this... finish this. This should be a fun game.

AnasAbdin

Looks fun ;-D good luck with this!
The incomplete screenshot is what makes this forum awesome. I love seeing things in progress this way.

Stupot

Looks like fun. All the best bringing it to our greedy fingers :-)

Squall_Leonheart

Thank you bodies!

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 07/01/2015 04:12:53
hah, i know these kind of things, I have some sketches that look almost the same left over but never finished the game i was making, so please, now that you published this... finish this. This should be a fun game.

Yeah, I understand what do you mean. But i don't start a project without end it :smiley:

Later or tomorrow, I'll post first room's recoloring and other progress!
Stay tuned :)

Darth Mandarb

Yeah... you posted in the GiP too early (if you don't have two completed in-game shots).  I am, however, going to let it slide.

Gurok

Well, these screenshots are very impressive! Your plot has a lot of tension too. I'm curious about playing this game and I'd love to see more screenshots of development. Good luck with the completion of your game.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Squall_Leonheart

Hello bodies!
I'm not dead!

So, I post a little update about the introduction's development.
This screen is temporary, but I desire to listen more suggestions from you!
Enjoy and stay tuned ;);-D

AnasAbdin

If the above background got colored the same style as Leisure Suit Larry 2 it might kill me :-D
Spoiler
[close]

I can't wait to see this animated!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Squall_Leonheart on Mon 02/02/2015 21:27:08This screen is temporary, but I desire...

If you want suggestions and/or advice on the graphics, post this in the critics lounge.

Squall_Leonheart

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 03/02/2015 10:42:37
Quote from: Squall_Leonheart on Mon 02/02/2015 21:27:08This screen is temporary, but I desire...

If you want suggestions and/or advice on the graphics, post this in the critics lounge.

All right, i'd post it here because it's an update about the introduction.

Squall_Leonheart

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 03/02/2015 05:30:51
If the above background got colored the same style as Leisure Suit Larry 2 it might kill me :-D
Spoiler
[close]

I can't wait to see this animated!

Yes, i want to follow that style.
See this small preview with color:

Squall_Leonheart

Hello everybody!
I'm not die!
This month I've been very busy, so the game devolopment slowed down. But now it's time to recuperate the loss time! (laugh)
I'm searching for a good solution about the intro, and the istant result gives to me a lot of hopes for the final version. Now, I present to you the near-final version.
Enjoy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk