Troll Song Verse One - Completely Stoned

Started by CaptainD, Thu 29/01/2015 22:21:35

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBitPriest

Looking good!  Trolls make every day special.  :=

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 04/02/2015 19:37:46
Ben - you meant that in a good way, right? :-D

I meant it in the literal sense := (yes)

CaptainD

Quote from: TheBitPriest on Wed 04/02/2015 20:40:17
Trolls make every day special.  :=

Think I might use that line as part of the PR drive :-D

Ben - serious question - has there ever been another adventure game that lets you
Spoiler
eat bat dung
[close]
?  Could be a world first! 8-0

LostTrainDude

http://www.indievault.it/2015/02/05/troll-song-verse-one-di-un-grande-popolo-e-della-sua-voce/
8-) My article has just been published on IndieVault.it, the Italian Indie Games Developers' community website!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

monkey424

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 05/02/2015 08:58:27
Ben - serious question - has there ever been another adventure game that lets you
Spoiler
eat bat dung
[close]
?  Could be a world first! 8-0

Yeah..

Spoiler
Bat dung features in Return to Zork, one of my favourite games ever. You mix it in a potion and drink it to become invisible or something.
[close]

AprilSkies

rofl
in the original Dave's design, the expected reaction to the
Spoiler
bat mess
[close]
should have been "Wut? Are you TROLLing me?"

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

Quote from: AprilSkies on Thu 05/02/2015 21:57:43
rofl
in the original Dave's design, the expected reaction to the
Spoiler
bat mess
[close]
should have been "Wut? Are you TROLLing me?"

To Whom It May Concern:

This is why I don't let Andrea write the jokes in the game. :-D

Cassiebsg

Thaks, just finished... shorter than I expected... had I realized it was so short, I probably would have done it long ago... (laugh)(roll)

Anyway, only needed to use one hint
Spoiler

I missed the pile of rocks hotspot :-[
[close]

And I agree, the narrator voice doesn't fit with the rest of the game. Think a male deep voice would be better.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

I'm absolutely over the moon - Troll Song: Verse One - Completely Stoned was selected as one of PC Gamer's Best Free Games of the Week! :D

AndyfromVA

Good game but I couldn't solve the last puzzle.  Is there a bug?

Spoiler
I used the 2 trolls I freed (trolls x 2) on the device above Gabb's cell.  All that happened is the trolls climbed on each other.  I tried again.  The trolls again climbed on each other.  They never smashed the device.
[close]

CaptainD

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Tue 17/02/2015 15:20:28
Good game but I couldn't solve the last puzzle.  Is there a bug?

You nearly got it!

Spoiler
when the two trolls are standing by the cage, you need to GRAB them.  Clod will then climb up them, and you can SMASH the device! ;-D
[close]

BTW that isn't quite the LAST puzzle in Verse One... ;)

I will check to see if I need to write the hint for the puzzle a little better.  Glad you're enjoying the game otherwise!

AndyfromVA

Thanks for the hint but unfortunately it didn't work.

Spoiler
When I grab the 2 trolls they appear on the bottom as trolls x2.  When I click on trolls x2 and then point to the device, the green troll climbs up the pink one.  But Clod doesn't climb up.  If I click on smash and then point to the device Clod says "too high"
[close]

CaptainD

Hmm... this is strange, it's never been highlighted as a problem before.  I will PM you though to avoid this thread being derailed.  I think I know what the problem is.

Creamy

CaptainD

Thanks Creamy!  We had a nice little spike in the number of downloads when that came out. ;-D

We've also been on RSP.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk