selmiak

:) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :(

The last edition of the 55 word story competition is over way too long,
so fear not creative writers of the few words,
Andail, the host of the other competitions
generously allowed me to host this edition, so, with even less words,
here is the Drama edition of the 55 word story competition

The rules are simple:

You have until the 8th of February to PM me your story.
Just imagine friday as the deadline for the 55 words you want to write,
if you don't make it till sunday night there will be no extension.

Every story must be exactly 55 words.
If you want a title, it must be included in the word count.

This edition of the competition is all about the drama.
people talk about their weird and interesting problems.
Someone reaches a dramatic (turning) point.
What's your 55 word drama.

I'll just copy + paste your spelling errors and
creative formatting into the voting topic,
so have it all set.

Don't post your entry into the topic,
all entries and voting and results are
anonymous from the competition side.

:) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :( :) :(

After the deadline, I will publish all stories anonymously and the community will vote for the top 3 candidates.
Once we start voting, you may discuss the entries in the thread, but not reveal any identities.

For some entertaining 55 word stories, you can find the stories from the previous rounds here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50706.0
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50528.0

Andail

selmiak

Just when I was about to complain that noone ever wants to write me a PM and I feel so lonely the first entry came to my inbox. How could I have doubted that this person would not send in the very first entry ;)

So, stupot+, are you in?

Still waiting for andail's entry for his fav compo ;)

Everyone else reading this. Yes you! No excuses! Sharpen your pencil and write 55 words that are connected and form a short story of glorious drama writing.

Stupot

Yep. I'm in. I've got a story in mind, but struggling to create a sense of drama without resorting to melodrama.

Baron

I can't believe this comp isn't getting more lovin', especially this time of year. :-*  I am keen to see more prospective competitors.  Even if you're not planning to enter, you should still post in this thread to help build the hype and try to subvert our "guess the anonymous author" sub-game. :=

CaptainD

I'm in.  I would be doing one about a nobleman who dramatically changed his avatar to have a bovine influence, but I've already submitted one about something else. 8-)

I<3Pindorama!

I'm WIN!!!
;)

What?
???

Oooh sorry...
Bad english...
:-[

Rectifying:
I'm WIN !!!
:-D

selmiak

Not much time is left, some stories arrived already, but it could be more. If you want to enter this edition of the 55 word story contest please get crunching...

selmiak

only 3h45m left. ~4 minutes per word for late entries!
if you want a photofinish send me your PM before midnight this sunday in your timezone. And tell me your timezone. Or just write a very dramatic story with only 55 words.

I'll post the collected stories tomorrow for everyone to read and vote.

CaptainD

Even the thought that people may or may not have submitted a story, and those who haven't may or may not write one and submit it in time, is creating drama in itself - Selmiak is a genius! And yes, if you count this, you will find that it comes to exactly fifty five words.

(The above is not my entry though! :P)

Monsieur OUXX

i PM'ed my entry to selmiak at exactly midnight... just to realize i had miscounted the words. I sent in the corrected version at 0:01. Can i have the mercy of the jury?

selmiak

damned, just fake your timezone, your entry is anonymous, you know ;)
just for the jury, it was 0:03! 8-0
If you have some coffee fueled breakfast outbreaks of creativity or hungover bad monday morning dramas that happen to be 55 words long I might might might consider letting them slip in as I don't want to open the voting topic yet  :=

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 09/02/2015 02:26:16
damned, just fake your timezone

Hey ACTUALLY I'm in the Paris Timezone, so my entry was actually not at 0:03 but 11:03!!! I feel just like Phileas Fogg who won his bet thanks to the one-hour jetlag, in an outstanding final plot twist.

(Oh, and I don't care if it was 11:03, for me it was 11:01. That was my local clock. Stop ruining my drama! ;-D )

selmiak

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk