Mess Goblins - (MAGS January 2015)

Started by Dropped Monocle Games, Mon 02/02/2015 00:42:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Myinah

Gobbies have similar but slightly different rules than Gremlins. We don't like to restrict when they can eat. They have fast metabolisms and are prone to hypoglycaemia! And technically the Gremlin rules are nitpicky too because what is after midnight anyway? That's literally 23 hours and 59 minutes of the day. (laugh)

Hobo

What a wonderful little game. The amount of work and effort you managed to pour into it in just a month is astounding. The visual side and writing fits really well with the unique theme and setting and the music is also lovely. Few of the puzzles did feel a bit forced and far fetched, but I didn't have too much trouble with them. The design choice of not including a proper save game system feels always a bit odd to me, but that might just be me.

You've already created three awesome short games so far, can't wait to play a full lenght Dropped Monocle game in the future.

LostTrainDude

This game was great!

It is very funny and polished. It also has really clever (sometimes even too much for my poor brains :P!) puzzles.
I also like how, in my humble opinion, you are nailing a kind of a "trademark" style - Something like: "Hey! That's a Droppped Monocle game!" :D

Anyway, the whole Mess Goblin idea actually made me recall a legendary character that belongs to Naples' folklore, even if, of course, they're not the same thing :)

Great entry, indeed!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Creamy

Lovely little game. The difficulty was just right for me.
Spoiler
I was proud of my accomplishments before the place was burnt to the ground.
Now, I think my stains and vase breakage will be the least of Harry's concerns.
[close]

Keep up the good work.

ThreeOhFour

This was super cute, and impressively meaty for a mags game. I enjoyed solving the puzzles, and the writing was pretty fun too. My favourite thing about the neat graphics is when his little nose wobbles when he does things, that's a great touch!

I encountered a small bug, for your info:

Spoiler
Once the rubbish has been flipped onto the floor by the cat, looking at the mess on the floor (right click) will set the view to talking when I walk around. Looking at another hotspot fixes this, so I'm guessing you merely forgot to change the view back.
[close]

Thanks for the fun game! :cheesy:

Myinah

Thanks for the feedback and finding the little bug we will get on that as soon as we can! Really glad you enjoyed the game :)

Shadow1000

Ok, I'm a year late to the party but...

I'm playing through all the games entered into the MAGGIES 2015 that I haven't played yet and apparently I missed this one when it was released. I want to echo the compliments everyone else has expressed:

This game is polished in all aspects. The theme, graphics and puzzles are all excellent. The animations are smooth. Even had this just been an independent short game rather than a MAGS entry it would have been an excellent contribution. I want to add that the puzzles were at a perfect difficulty level that I really enjoyed solving them without getting frustrated.

Well done.

SHADOW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk