All Gone Soon (MAGS Jan 2015)

Started by vertigoaddict, Mon 02/02/2015 15:47:49

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigoaddict

I'll say this right now, this game is pretty much a boner project.

Giles and Niel have been separated for months, is it really the end? Or do they still have a chance at love?

I'm terrible at synopses...

Features:
Strong language, one act of violence (couldn't decide on the violence rating, will change if people advise otherwise), a terrible attempt at a British accent, stripped down backgrounds and whacked up audio levels.

Enjoy!

Download here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1882/ 

Stupot

Looks intriguing. I look forward to giving it a whirl.

Lasca

shaun9991

Just finished it - really nice work, good replay value, and the story was touching. :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

NickyNyce

I can't leave this game out. Great job with the graphics. First time ever, I'll be playing every MAGS game. Congrats with your release.

xil

Was nice to play something very different for the theme of aftermath. I really enjoyed the graphics and the change in portraits/sprites.

Admittedly I didn't really know what was going on for the first few minutes and for some reason my mouse was a little glitchy trying to restart when it went to game over but once I got what was going on it was great to see the amount of work put into all of the various choices.

I read the extras afterwards and funnily enough I was thinking to myself as it was ending, I bet he commits suicide. I'm glad you didn't go that route, I was glad to be proved wrong and liked the way you chose to end it.
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

Myinah

I really loved the original take on the theme. I like that you did something more grounded in reality. It was like an interactive drama which serves as a reminder that games can be a subtle and nuanced story telling media. I am glad you chose the ending you did and would love to see the additional mechanics you had originally planned to put in with Giles personal development tracked.

As a totally original solo project you have done amazing well! Congratulations!

Mandle

Just finished playing now. It was a very heartfelt human drama. It's easy to see that you poured a lot of personal feelings into the game. Very engaging characters that I would have liked to have learned just a bit more about, but I'm no stranger to the insane MAGS deadline myself, so yeah...

Just one or two things:

[ESC] key to exit the cutscenes would be nice, especially the long walk down the hallway.

An option to turn the music volume down during the game is needed I feel: I read why your audio levels had problems during production so no need to explain here again. But yeah, the music drowns out the voice acting during some of the more emotional moments which is a real shame.

I think your British accent is actually pretty damn good.

I think you should change the screenshot for the game as it gives away a really funny line in the game and robs the joke of its humour a tad.

Anyways...Cheers for the unique experience of this game!

vertigoaddict

I would like to say thank you for all the kind words, compliments are the best motivation fodder.
Mandle, thanks for the feedback, I will definately take them into account; I was thinking of coming back and fixing a few things, perhaps after the voting period is done, but definitely after I've had a few days or weeks of rest.
Changed the screenshot though, woo! ^_^
I'm still feeling a bit of the rush though, I'm so eager to work on new things or going back to old shelved projects.

Dualnames

Hey VA, nice to see you around here again! Sorry to go off-topic, but glad to see you're back and at it again. Hope things are going well.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LostTrainDude

Nice entry! I really like how you managed to build up a game can actually end "anytime" without necessarily leaving the storyline unfinished :D
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk