The Decorcist.

Started by RetroJay, Mon 09/02/2015 19:28:08

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroJay

Hi Cassiebsg.

Thank You for playing, I'm glad that you like it. ;-D
After reading your suggestions...

WATCH THIS SPACE!
I am, at this very moment, trying to implement an 'Easy Mode' where the game will 'Auto-Save' after painting every door.
Also I have sorted the ladders out, just now infact. (Dan always has his back to you and only side steps on the ladders until you reach the top or bottom.)
I think it looks better. (Never was happy about the way I had it but suddenly had an apostrophe.) (laugh)

Hopefully, I will be able to upload yet another version before I got to work, this evening.
If not then it will be Monday evening.

Yours.
Jay. 

Cassiebsg

Sounds great Jay! (nod)

don't forget to update the trophy to show "easy mode". ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

RetroJay

Hi Cassiebsg an All.

Just to let you all know that I have up-loaded yet another version of 'The Decorator'.

Working on Cassiebsg's suggestions I have Implemented: Two gaming Modes.
1- Normal Mode. (Three Checkpoints throughout game.)
2- Easy Mode. (Checkpoints on every door that you paint.)

Other Changes.
1- There is an extra boost of Sanity in the Mansion, should you require it. (Only appears after door 4 is painted.)
2- The Back of Dan is now only shown when on the ladders, he will not turn to the side view unless he has reached the top or bottom of a ladder.
3- There are now two Trophies to be awarded, a Gold in 'Normal Mode' and a Silver in 'Easy Mode'. (Although nobody was supposed to know about these until they found them.) (laugh)
4- Readme File has been updated... Please read. ;)

I have been working on this version all day and have managed to get this done just before going to work.
This means that I haven't had time to thoroughly test it, like I would have liked to.
If any bugs have slipped through the net then please let me know and I will try to rectify them Monday.

Yours.
Jay.

AnasAbdin

Kudos to Jay for being very patient and editing the game according to the people's demands! A real great game developer (nod)

Vincent

I thank thee RetroJay <3
This is for people like me : Easy Mode. (Checkpoints on every door that you paint.) (laugh)
Amazing!

Thank you very much RetroJay again, and for your patience too :)

AprilSkies

Yeah Jay!
I didn't see no one aditing so fast ^^
Those are just gift to the players ^^ te game was already good itself tho (nod)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AnasAbdin

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 14/02/2015 17:26:06
te game was already good itself tho (nod)

This game is so good we are dying to play it and determined to finish it 8-)

Vincent

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 14/02/2015 17:33:52
This game is so good we are dying to play it and determined to finish it 8-)

Damn yeah, I want to get both of the thropies now! :-D

Cassiebsg

Thanks Jay! This is great! (laugh)
Believe it or not, but I managed to have to re-start the game in easy mode, and I was already at door 5... I painted it, but only had "one" sanity left and no time to leave the door to a safe place... (laugh)(laugh)(laugh)
But totally my fault, cause I decide to risk it, even though I was 99,99% sure I would not make it... (roll)

EDIT: Stuck at the last door paint...(roll) ??? (roll)

RetroJay

Hi Cassiebsg.

I am at work typing this on my phone.
I have sent you a pm with a hint.

I will check back later to see if you need another hint.

Yours.
Jay.

Cassiebsg

Thanks bunch for the hint... but now...

Possible spoilers ahead:
Spoiler

Is that actual math? Do I need to add colors and make new colors?
I admire those who get the riddle with no hints! And you for thinking of it! (nod) I've been tying to figure it out since the game started... (roll)
But if it's actual trigonometry, then I have a chance in hell, cause I can barely remember much if anything at all... I always sucked at math.
But if it's logic, then don't send a hint, I like logic challenges. (laugh)
[close]

EDIT: I love it when a plans comes together. (laugh)

EDIT2: Finished! :)
Spoilers ahead:
Spoiler

A pixel hunt right at the end? :P
[close]

RetroJay

Hi Cassiebsg.

I'm happy that my hint helped and I'm glad that you finished. ;-D
So you managed to solve the last puzzle without too much problem then. ;)

Did you get your Trophy?

Spoiler
I'm sorry that you thought it was a pixel hunt at the end. :(
I personaly wouldn't have called it a pixel hunt, I thought of it more as just observation.
Also designed to encourage the player to go back into the garden and see the changes after Dan had performed his Ritual. ;)
[close]

Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed the experience of being a... Decorator. (laugh)

Thank you for playing.

Yours.
Jay.

Cassiebsg

Quote from: RetroJay on Sun 15/02/2015 17:56:35
Spoiler
I'm sorry that you thought it was a pixel hunt at the end. :(
I personaly wouldn't have called it a pixel hunt, I thought of it more as just observation.
Also designed to encourage the player to go back into the garden and see the changes after Dan had performed his Ritual. ;)
[close]

Spoiler

Yes, lovely Throphy! :) Only reason I'm not "wearing it" yet is cause you made it a bmp, am not sure bmp works on the browser...
Well, I could not see it, so in the end, I went every where pressing A and Z until he said he got it. (roll) I had even been there twice, but at that time I was still looking with my eyes, thinking I would be able to see it.
Oh, I did went into the garden just too see how it looked even before I noticed I couldn't leave the house just to see how it looked... I did wonder "Why didn't he just leave?" after the ritual... (laugh)
[close]

RetroJay

Haha!

Glad you got your trophy and put it on your signature.
That looks sooo cool. 8-)

Well done, my friend. ;-D

All you've got to do now is... Go For Gold! (laugh)

Yours.
Jay

Cassiebsg

PS - Forgot to ask, when will we see more levels? (nod)

RetroJay

Hi All.

Sorry my replies have been brief.
I work all over the weekend with only limited internet on my phone. :(

Cassiebsg.
QuotePS - Forgot to ask, when will we see more levels? (nod)
Well... The comments that I have received from doing this game has certainly given me the enthusiasm to do more of the same. ;-D
Also I know more about creating these types of game, now... sort of. :-\
So with that in mind, we may see the return of Dan in the not so distant future. (nod)

Anasabdin, AprilSkies, Vincent and Cassiebsg. (In no set order.) (laugh)

Thank you, all, ever so much for your very kind comments.
I like to take my time when creating a game so as when release time comes it should be 'Bug Free'.
Also, I like to listen to peoples opinions and make changes to a project, if it makes the game better for the player. ;-D

I'm absolutely thrilled that you all enjoyed playing 'The Decorator'.

Yours.
Jay.   

RetroLee

Love the graphics, gameplay and general feel of the game. For people not as brilliant as me. ;)
(Not wanting to blow my own trumpet) I thought the implementation of an easy mode was a clever
idea.

Crimson Wizard

This is made using Draconian Edition, correct?

I just want to mention that if anyone would like to run this game on Linux, you should use AGS 3.4.0 interpreter, which is compatible with Draconian, otherwise you will be getting errors like "unresolved import 'Character::ChangeRoom^4'".

RetroJay

Hi Crimson Wizard.

Yes, You are correct. It has been made using the Draconian Edition.
Sorry if anyone has had problems running my game, I didn't realise that it would be a problem on Linux. :(
Thank you Crimson Wizard for posting a fix. ;-D

I like using the Draconian Edition because of the black scripting window mainly.
Also I think that the 'eFaceDirection' commands is a nice little touch.(nod)

Crimson.
How stable is 3.3.3 or even 3.4.0.
Would I be better off using one or the other now for future game development. ???

Yours.
Jay

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: RetroJay on Mon 23/02/2015 16:21:48
How stable is 3.3.3 or even 3.4.0.
Would I be better off using one or the other now for future game development. ???
3.3.3 is very stable, but it does not have new Draconian scripting commands.
3.4.0 has (almost) all new Draconian scripting commands, but it is still in development and has bugs. Some people use it for making games though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk