Sprite Jam 11/4/03 - 22/4/03 *NOTE: date changed*

Started by Gilbert, Fri 11/04/2003 04:17:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Neole

All of you guys plain rawk!! Lovely animation Gilbot!

Gilbert

I'll bump this because of the date change.

Eggie

It's Guybrush in one of dem character select screens that show statistics.

BLAR! He goes off to the side in one frame.

Gilbert

Excuse me for my ignorance, who is lemonhead?

Squinky

Quickstrike

Larry Vales in "Tony Hawk Pro Skater"

Zoom:
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

plasticman

I hope it's not too late, I'll post anyway.

Here's my entry :

Gilbot, your animation is just wonderful.

Quickstrike

I know it's Grim Fandango, but where is he?
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Gilbert

I think it's teh Sims or some sort of RPG/simulation games with an isometric view. ;D

Anyway, there are quite a lot of interesting entries this time, everyone did a good job. But to stick more on the rules, Flippy, Mikko, BOYD, Cerulean and Plasticman made good use of the tiling property. But there must a winner to choose the topic of the next jam:

The reason Cerulean wins is because the sprite is simple and direct, which you can recognize what game the character was in easily (and of course for nostalgic reasons ;) ), oh the animation counts too. ;D

Cerulean

Wow, thanks. This is the first time I've actually participated in one of these, and for the record I think Plasticman's Manny is way cooler. I'll ponder a bit and see what I can think of for the next jam.

Quickstrike

Gilbert

Cerulean won, so he'll decide for it.

I think CJ should make him a mod of this forum then (kinda annoying task for him I guess).

remixor

Quote from: Quickstrikeâ,,¢ on Wed 23/04/2003 04:21:22
I know it's Grim Fandango, but where is he?

Looks like he's in that place where Glottis goes crazy betting on the cat races.

plasticman:  :o Your sprite rules!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

n3tgraph

hahahah ;)

I laughed my head off when seeing ceruleans entry ;D ;D
reminds me of the good ol msx days :)

congratz mate, you deserve it :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Gilbert

YAY the new JAM's ready, time to finish this thread. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk