MAGS - APRIL

Started by magintz, Tue 01/04/2003 16:31:22

Previous topic - Next topic

magintz

MAGS IS CLOSING DOWN FOR GOOD

April Fools

Well here are this month's rules, discussed and moderated between our nice teamish thingy.

With all the insanity happening in the world right now, we all wish we could go back to simpler times.  So write a game that takes place in the past.  Any time period before 1990 is acceptable but must be during a historical event e.g war, revolution, birth of planet, presidential election, etc..., and the game must reflect the time period in which it occurs.

Must include two of the following inventory items:

- a comb
- a ticket
- a feather
- any kind of insect
- a gold watch
- a pair of wax lips
- a knitting needle

The Player Character must be drunk (it is up to you the level of drunkness) and must include a murder somewhere in the game, whether it be crucial to the plot line or not.

Hope you have fun, all games in by the 28th April 2003.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

|Alky|

Yeah, but you did that after twelve pm , so I get to kick you in the groin...  ::)
Anyway, does this include alternate history?
That would be cool...
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Barcik

Too strict, in my opinion, but very interesting and creative.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

scotch

There are a lot of rules, but the theme gives a lot of room I think, so I'll take part this time.

AJA

QuoteMAGS IS CLOSING DOWN FOR GOOD

Ahh... That reminds me of last year's 1st of April. Except that back then I was really shocked about CJ's post... :D This would not have been so big deal...  ::)

MadReizka

What was last years april fool?
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

Nostradamus

That was a cruel cruel joke!

I think there are good rules. Not too strict, 2 items from a big list is not too hard to put in and a murder too. I think you could do it iwthout the character being drunk, but technically you can just get the charater to get drunk at one point in the game, which causes him to get knocked out (he could do something before that) and then he wakes up sober again, right?  Is that cool Magintz?

I think CJ's April Fool's joke last year was that he decided to stop working on AGS. The world cryed in hree and only after like 5 pages of comments CJ revelead the joke.

Squinky

I like these rules, not that it matters, but I thought I should say so....I'll try and think something up...

MadReizka

Quote from: Nostradamus on Tue 01/04/2003 17:53:35
That was a cruel cruel joke!

I think CJ's April Fool's joke last year was that he decided to stop working on AGS. The world cryed in hree and only after like 5 pages of comments CJ revelead the joke.

Thee hee ;D
That's our CJ.
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

magintz

Nos - That's right, he doesn't have to be drunk for the whole time.

[Alkaline] - What do you mean by alternate history?
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Trapezoid

Someone should make a prohibition era game.

|Alky|

Yeah, you got my idea...
The Saint Valentine's Day Massacre was regarded as the main point of Al Capone's infamy...
7 gangsters opposed to capone, I think, were told to face the wall by police who came into their house, then mown down...
To this day, nobody knows who did it, or why on that particular day. So, as all good historians do, i'll make stuff up...

Anyway, as usual, I'm going to have to postpone the first AGTV episode (A demo episode is pretty much done) and join in...
It's the only way I can get over my crippling Februrary defeat, other than lining all enemies against a wall, and *blam* *blam* *blam*  ::)

Anyway, by alternate history I mean, uh...History that could have happened that didn't...Like The South winning the US civil war, or a soviet invasion. Something like Red Alert, or Kronolog...Forget it, I think I have an idea already..
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

magintz

I spose it's okay if you want........ :D

|Alky|

Damn, I gotta go away for 2 weeks, so there's not much point in me starting one... :(
Somebody should do a prohibition era game though. Seeing the lexington hotel in an AGS game would be damn cool..
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

Squinky

Heh, so who won march? Was Dave the only entrant?

Magintz at school

Yea, Dave was the only entrant, but I reckon he would have won anyway becasue it was such a great game.

Dmitri

well... I have an idea.... but ME making a game?  ;D that's good for a laugh.
Pretzels :B

Gilbert

I think all those April F00l posts that have REAL contents (like this one) should have their subject changed when 1st April had passed, so to avoid confusions.

remixor

Quote from: Trapezoid on Tue 01/04/2003 19:19:17
Someone should make a prohibition era game.

hahahahaha....brilliant.  I'd try this, except I'd feel lame taking someone else's idea.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Trapezoid

Go for it. I'm not making it, I don't really know enough history. Alkaline might be making one, but even if two people do prohibition games, I doubt the two games will be anything alike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk