Corrupt-A-wish!

Started by Anshinin, Wed 11/02/2015 17:27:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Anshinin

This is a game that is played pretty often in lots of places, so I thought I would bring it here for you guys.

The rules are quite simple. Some one would wish for something, and the next poster would then post something that would ruin the wish.

EX:
Poster 1: I wish for a horse
Poster 2: Granted, but it is dead. I wish for telepathic powers.

And it continues thusly. It's a lot of fun.

So with that given,
I wish I had the fastest car in the world!

Gribbler

You crashed and died in flames. I wish Bloodborne would come out tomorrow! :)

Chicky

Granted, released exclusively via digital distribution on Xbox Live.

I wish I had the power of flight!

Ibispi

Granted, but you flew too close to the Sun, your wings burned down.
I wish I could read other humans' minds.

Cuiki

Granted, but nobody really thinks about you.
I wish I was in a cool band.
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

JenniBee

Granted.  You are now bound up in a rubber band which is below room temperature.

I wish I had a hoverboard.

Gribbler

Granted. But Marty McFly stole it from you.

I wish I could time travel.

Haggis

Granted. But you can only time travel forwards one second at a time.

I wish I was a transformer.

Gribbler

Granted. But Megatron desintegrated you.

I wish I was a famous footballer.

selmiak

Granted, but you always get a red card in the first 5 minutes of the game.

I wish I had a batcave.

Eric

Granted. You also find yourself knee-deep in guano and afflicted with rabies.
I wish for a renewable energy resource with no environmental side effects.

CaptainD

Granted!  But you now spend your entire life on an exercise bike rigged with a dynamo.
I wish I had tremendous brainpower...

janleht

Granted. You are now super-depressed.
I wish I could draw decent pixel art...

Retro Wolf

Granted! But you can only use different shades of pink!

I wish I had the time and motivation to make proper full games!

Stupot

Granted. But they will never win any awards.

I wish to put an end to child starvation.

Gurok

Granted! A sweeping plague kills every child on the planet and leaves everyone sterile.

I wish I had a cute celebrity cat.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Haggis

Granted, but you quickly grow jealous of the cat's celebrity lifestyle and descend into a void of alcohol and drug fuelled hatred, until one day you finally snap and slip a copius cocktail of lethal prescription medication into the cat's dinner, resulting in you being dragged mercilessly through a high publicity murder trial and ending up in the electric chair wondering where it all went wrong.

I wish my N64 still worked.

Lasca

Granted, but every controller stick on earth is botched and you can never turn left.

I wish for an end of neofascism in Europe.

Eric

Granted, but it's replaced by neo-neofascism.
I wish for the next season of Twin Peaks to be amazing.

Cassiebsg

Granted, but it only lasts 1 episode.
I wish for world peace!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Wyz

Granted, but promptly aliens evade and the world joins an intergalactic war.
I wish I had a key that opens all doors.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Haggis

Granted, but it comes locked in an impenetrable box for which you do not have the key.

I wish jam filled donuts were a healthy food option.

Stupot

Granted, but you can only use toe jam.

I wish for perfection in all aspects of the universe for all of time. :=

Snarky

Granted. The universe winks out of existence, and there is perfect nothingness.

I wish I had a burrito.

Gurok

Granted. One lamb's fry burrito that's been sitting in the sun for two weeks. Aged to perfection.

I wish I could shift these stubborn kilos.

HanaIndiana

Granted. The "extra" kilos shift to your head where you become SO top heavy you can't walk.

I wish I was strong enough to lift 100 lb. weights.

Gribbler

Granted. You were so strong you lifted your kid and he flew up to the sky.

I wish we'd avoid scurvy if we all ate an orange.

Slasher

QuoteI wish we'd avoid scurvy if we all ate an orange.
But you would look tango'd....

I wish my legs would walk automatically by just thinking...

Stupot

Granted, but for every step you take a fairy will lose a wing.

I wish heroin wasn't so damn moreish.

HanaIndiana

Granted. It's no longer considered a schedule 1 drug in the states. Coca-Cola starts producing it in max quantities, pushing out all competition, and grabs a patent. Intense worldwide mass marketing ensues including highly annoying commercials, billboards, and a mascot named 'Herry', that drives every person of sound mind crazy. They dilute it to the point where its no more stronger than a nice cup of green tea, only less tasty.

I wish I could visit the Shire and meet a hobbit.

Snarky

Granted, but he beats you in a riddle contest and makes off with your precious.

I wish I could get to the ski slope in half an hour.

Lasca

Granted, but global warming means there's never any snow. Besides, the lift NEVER works.

I wish I didn't need sleep.

Anshinin

Granted, you will never sleep but the sanity of a neverending reality causes you to go insane.

I wish time travel was real.

Stupot

Granted, but you can only travel as far back as this post and are caught in an endless loop and will never see the rest if this thread.

I wish I could be a zombie extra in an episode of The Walking Dead (I actually really do, so if you know anyone...)

Mandle

Granted...but a stagehand forgot to switch out the fake rubber tire-iron for the real one before shooting your death scene...

I wish I had a better computer (and no....I don't want HAL)

CaptainD

Granted... but you have absolutely no idea how to use it.

I wish my body resembled that of Adonis rather than Obelix...

Snarky

Granted, but when the Roman legions attack, beauty is no substitute for having fallen into the cauldron of magic potion as a small boy.

I wish I would be fully rested from a ten-minute nap.

AprilSkies

Granted... but you switched off the mobile and during that nap a company tried to call you... You were chosen by lot. If you answered you would have won 1 billion dollars. but you didn't, so they raffled another one (your neighbor to be exact).
I wish I was Snarky's neighbor.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Lasca

Granted, but the rent is a billion dollars a month.

I wish I could fly.

selmiak

granted, but it only happens while you are sleeping.

I wish I was a little bit taller...

Wyz

Granted, you are a tenth of a nanometre taller.

I wish I had a SD card containing a copy of every book ever written in PDF format.

Snarky

Granted, but they're all under DRM and you can't open them.

I wish to bring back all the species that have been driven to extinction by humanity.

Snarky

Quote from: HanaIndyana on Mon 16/02/2015 20:50:17
Granted. They know what we did, and now they are out for revenge.

I wish I could come up with an un-corruptible wish.
Quote from: Mandle on Mon 16/02/2015 23:21:32
Granted. You make an un-corruptible wish. You have killed off a popular thread in the AGS forums and the community is pissed!

GAME OVER

(laugh)
Quote from: selmiak on Tue 17/02/2015 00:03:00
>:(

I wish I could currupt HanaIndyana's wish!

Granted! But I go crazy with mod power and delete all the posts!

I wish life had the ability to go back and edit.

Creamy

Granted, but life is a b**ch and all the changes she decides to make are for the worst.

I wish I had 1.000.000 wishes.

Stupot

Granted, but the wish Gods use the English numbering format using commas, so you still only get one wish.

I wish I had a Doner kebab right now.

AprilSkies

Granted, but it's poisoned.
I wish I had a not poisoned Doner kebab right now.

Wyz

Granted, but it tastes horribly.
I wish I had a tasty, not poisoned Doner kebab right now.

Haggis

Granted, but it is made from human flesh.

I wish
Spoiler
Santa Claus was real and visited every day.
[close]

Eric

Granted, but....

I wish for the person who replies to this has a great day.

Stupot

Granted, today has already been good for me, and I trust it will continue. Thanks, Eric. Unfortunately, you are likely to befall some minor inconvenience or two before the day is out, but you'll live.

I wish more people were nice like Eric.

Eric

Granted. You made this wish on a day when I literally tried to catch a closing door for someone coming through and accidentally wound up giving someone else a bruised nose when I pushed it open. Now more people will be nice with horrific, unintended consequences.

I wish we had British chocolate in America.

Snarky

Granted. (Since English chocolate is already pretty bad, consider the wish pre-corrupted.)

I wish I could program by simply telling the computer what I want it to do, and it just works.

Cassiebsg

Granted! Unfortunately you lost your voice.

I wish for the next person to wish a wish.

Haggis

Granted, but it doesn't come true.

I wish all my wishes were corrupted.

Stupot

Granted, and you end up getting hired as the resident genie for FIFA.

I wish everyone would leave #gamergate in 2014.

No? Okay:
I wish someone would start this thread going again.

Mandle

Granted: But the thread is locked by mods 3 seconds later.

I wish for the next poster to corrupt their own wish.

AprilSkies

Granted: my wish was Mandle becoming rich and famous.. a pity it was corrupted :(

I wish I had no wishes

Mandle

Granted: Now the next time the first star of the evening appears it implodes into a black hole instantly before you notice it to prevent your wish. Thus the second visible star becomes the first so it also implodes into a black hole before you notice it and are able to attempt a wish. A chain reaction starts: Every visible star imploding in order of visibility, and at the same time black holes increasing massively in number. The entire visible universe is soon swallowed as if down a huge galaxy-wide drain...You have just destroyed the entire universe...

I wish the word "giggle" did not exist. "Giggling" is still possible but simply has no name except for the normal one of "laughing". So basically yeah, verbally there is no distinction between "laughing" and "giggling". Both are just called "laughing".

Eric

Granted. Now we have lost one of the all-time great bits of television dialogue. Thanks a lot.

I wish I had remembered to pack my lunch this morning.

Stupot

Granted, but it gives you the runs.

I wish I could have one more hour in bed and still be on time for work.

Mandle

Granted: But it's a bed of nails.

I wish for the next poster to make my wish for me

Haggis

Granted but... shock horror... the wish is corrupted.

On Mandle's behalf, I wish everyone finishes their games bug free.

Mandle

Granted: But now your amazing "Bug's Life" tribute game has had all its sprites deleted forever.

I wish there was another word apart from Aardvark that started with a double A

selmiak

aagranted aabut aanow aaall aawords aaastart aawith aaaaaa aaand aait aais aaabsolutely aanothing aaspecial aaaanymore.

I wish there was an end to eternity. And also pi should finally be reasonable and be a rational number.

Stupot

Granted, bu

I wish pies were eternal.

selmiak

granted, but you are not hungry anymore. at all.

I wish there was a darker color than black.

Adeel

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 27/02/2015 03:31:14
I wish there was a darker color than black.

Granted, but you are unable to see it.

I wish I could actually make some games.

Mandle

Granted: You make Day Of The Tentacle, Gabriel Knight, and Grim Fandango so pixel-perfect that there is absolutely no way to tell the difference between your versions and the originals. People just assume they are playing the originals.

I wish I was God

Eric

Granted. You are enormously nonplussed to find that you don't actually exist.

I wish for someone to shovel my driveway.

Mandle

Granted: Somebody shovels up your driveway and takes it away on the back of a truck.

I wish for Kim Jong Un's hair to suddenly turn blonde.

Kasander

Granted. Oh my, just look at that golden-haired god 'o war! Now everyone wants to inspect his arsenal so bad! It turns out that Kim Jong Un turns every head of a foreign state on, which in turn totally disrupts the world order and makes North Korea No.1 superpower. The guilt that you feel afterwards turns your hair grey and then makes it fall out. Only a day after, atomic bombs fall all over the world and you can experience the results of nuclear fallout. Your heart starts to burn. You hope it's radiation but it's love. You forget everything, there's only this cute brunette that lives in your vault. Then you tell her about your feelings and the world is  destroyed once again: she can only fall for blondes. But she hopes that you 'can still be friends, right'?

I wish I had tons of free time, sold some of it, made millions and was happier than people in the ads.

Mandle

Granted: You are happier than the people in the ads and thus they get replaced by you. You now exist only on paper between the pages on magazines and only see the light of day on the rare occasion that somebody actual reads a paper-media product anymore...

I wish I was a small boy in an American mid-west country town and had the ability to wish for anything and that all the townsfolk feared me because I could turn them into Jack-In-The-Boxes or whatever on a whim...

Dualnames

Granted: You spent your entire life trying to come up with something to wish, and die without ever doing so.

I wish there was a Deadpool movie by now.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mandle

Granted: But...

I wish for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce, and mustard, and... I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't wanna turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any more weird surprises!

Cassiebsg

Granted: Were you go, a fresh 2 year old turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce, and mustard.... enjoy...

I wish I could wish the next wish...

Haggis

Granted, but you do actually wish the next wish.

I wish LEGO did not exist.

Cassiebsg

Granted, but now you are stuck with a bunch of bricks that fall apart when you try to assemble them.

I wish my kid would go to bed.

Stupot

Granted, but there is a crocodile in the bed.

I wish I could afford to fly home and watch TV with my mum once in a while. :~(

Cassiebsg

Granted, but her TV broke down and she decided to fly down to you...

I wish I had more time to play all the cool AGS game... ;-D

ManicMatt

Granted, but now you don't have time to play any non-AGS games.

I wish Heinz would make pizzas again.

Mandle

Wait what?! Heinz made pizzas???

Anyways:

Granted: But to get them to agree you have to sign a contract to appear in their TV commercials for all eternity. Now this is your own personal Hell:

CLICK HERE

I wish for the new Star Wars movies to not suck!!!

Stupot

Granted, but instead they will totally blow.

I wish I would stop getting nose bleeds.

ManicMatt

Yep! They also did a normal cheese and tomato pizza, plus the beans one with sausages I think, but I'm vegetarian so I don't remember that one so well. And also Heinz mini bagel bite pizzas. YUMMY!! I miss them so much!

Arghhh beans on my face in endless sitcom adverts!!

I guess I'd better do Stupot's wish now.

Granted, but the blood clots up from having nowhere else to go and- come on now, you REALLY don't want to wish that.

I wish everything was cordless. (Or wireless for the up to date trendy folks)

Haggis

Granted but you soon grow tired of having to push both your testicles in for 10 seconds to re-sync the connection of your cordless phallus... and let's not broach the pain of battery replacements.

I wish my dog could talk.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Granted, but his Scooby-doo accent is so thick you are endlessly asking what? And huh? And soon come to hate your dog very much.
I wish that wives will find it irresistably attractive when guys make adventure games.

Stupot

Granted, but your wife leaves you and marries Ron Gilbert.

I wish I had my own Death Star.

Mandle

Granted: But a mosquito gets in through the fly-screen and the whole thing explodes!

I wish the cherry-blossoms last until next saturday night (Ohanami party yaaaaay!).

Stupot

Granted, but it's no fun because everyone has hay fever.
(O-hanamizu party!) :grin:

I wish I didn't have to shave.

Mandle

(LOL @ O-hanamizu party....I'm stealing that one: YOINK!)

Granted: Electrolysis is performed on every inch of your body.

I with for this wish to not come true.

actualwiazrd

Not granted! but it was your best wish, and the paradox of this tortures your mental state, pummeling it until it resembles mashed potato ! Which wouldn't be good.

I wish for nice legs.

Gurok

Granted, but your legs spend their days helping little old ladies cross the street and pitching in at working bees for the local church. Their hectic schedule of niceness has you run ragged. They volunteer for every charity marathon and spend their afternoons stomping grapes for little more than a thank-you. Also, the way they insist on laying down your trousers to prevent noblewomen from stepping in puddles has caused more than a few misunderstandings.

I wish I could teleport.

Mandle

Granted: You can now teleport one billionth of a micrometer once a year on your birthday. You are the world's mightiest superhero (by comparison that is)...

I wish I had a new bicycle.

Mouth for war

Granted but you lost your legs to a hungry shark

I wish I won the jackpot on the lottery!
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Stupot

Granted, but in a quirk of coincidence about 5 million people chose the exact same set as numbers as you, so your share of the jackpot only comes to 0.57p.
Still, you frame the ticket regardless and it's something you can tell the grandkids.

(True story: my mum's friend got 5 numbers on the Lotto and the 6th number was one digit away from what was drawn. This sounds like one of those stories that everyone knows someone who knows someone who nearly won the lottery, but it's true.  Sad part is, the prize for matching 5 varies greatly from draw to draw and he only ended up getting some piddly amount. Still, better than nothing, but imagine being so close. He would definitely have given my mum a hearty chunk. Damn!)

Anyway...
I wish I didn't get headaches quite so much.

Mandle

Hahaha...too obvious is the solution to this one, young Stupot+. I will leave this one for someone else (laugh)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Granted, you no longer suffer headaches.. but by consequence your testicles ache by twice (because I assume you have two) the intensity that your head once did.
I wish I had creativity and inspiration on demand.

Cassiebsg

Granted but your have so much creativity and inspiration that it overwhelms you and end up suffering from severe depression and can do anything useful with it.

I wish I had more paid vacation days.

Lasca

Granted, but as a result you get no pay on workdays.

I wish I could clean my flat just by wishing it cleaned.

Mandle

Granted: Your flat tire will now be cleaned whenever you wish it to be...

I wish there was an english word that rhymes with "orange"...

Hobo

Granted: But now no one can ever finish The Curse of Monkey Island, because the pirates won't stop singing. You've ruined one of the best adventure games ever made :(

I wish I could do kung fu fighting.

Mandle

Granted: But this makes you fast as lightning!!! No...I mean literally! You cannot move any slower than the speed on lightning. Have a good life!

I wish the whole world was Disneyland.

Wyz

Granted: but now there are queues everywhere. There are even lines to go to the toilet, in your own house!

I wish the weekend had an extra day.

Cuiki

Granted. The Earth's orbit moves further away from the Sun to slip in all those extra days for you, but now you keep getting colds and can't go to work at all, even when you want to.

I wish my forum posts weren't always so silly.
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Mouth for war

Granted but now they are just stupid :-D
I wish that junkfood was healthy for me
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

kconan

Granted, but you have war-crime level farts shortly after every meal.

I wish that I was a prolific game-maker,

Stupot

Granted, you become the most legendary game-maker in all of Panem. But unfortunately, are killed by Katniss Everdeen.

I wish I could explain my thoughts more articli... arcitul... aliculis... better.

Eric

Granted. Your new mastery of language means the vapid inferiority of your thoughts, previously obscured by your incoherence, is now plain and clear for the world to see.

I wish for your freedom, genie!

Stupot

Granted. Thanks, good man. Now I can die like a normal human... but... I kind of miss fucking with people. So feel free to keep wishing stuff and I'll see what I can do. (laugh)

I wish people would stop calling the new X-Files episodes a "reboot". It's seriously starting to drive me insane with rage.

Gurok

Fine. People stop calling the X-Files episodes a reboot. In fact, they stop talking about the X-Files altogether and start talking about the Full House reboot instead.

http://time.com/3837921/full-house-reboot-olsen-twins-john-stamos/

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.

I wish I didn't have to vacuum.

Sweat

Granted, but now you have to clean by sucking through a straw.
I wish I could fight bears and win!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Granted! But due to a key punch error down at the Bureau of Wishes you singlehandedly destroy every beer in the known world, damn you.
I wish 1hr of sleep to be equal to 2 hours of sleep.

Cassiebsg

Granted! But now you moved through live at double speed and have thus shorten your live in half.

I wish the summer arrived already!

Mandle

Granted: A huge solar flare envelopes the Earth and causes "summer" to arrive early...But it has also wiped out the ozone layer and caused every communications network on the planet to...BBBBBZZZZZZTTTTTTTT....<Transmission Lost>

I wish all my friends didn't like Karaoke so much...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk