Started by Igor, Tue 01/04/2003 19:01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor

Featuring:
- Hi-color and hi-res graphics
- Film Quality animation
- Challenging puzzles
- 10+ hours of gameplay

Download this masterpiece here: http://maniac.adventuredevelopers.com/downloads/Ignac2.zip

danny*

dowloading now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohh man....you got me!!!! ;D :P
I realized it was a joke when i saw the file size!!
That was a good one Igor!! ;) :)

Barcik

Isn't it about time to stop posting April's Fools Day threads? Or are Danny's words lies and what you say is the truth? WHAT IS REAL?
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Igor

Quote from: Barcik on Tue 01/04/2003 19:31:09
Or are Danny's words lies and what you say is the truth? WHAT IS REAL?
It's a commercial quality game ;)

Scummbuddy

Haha.. nice one.  I think if you clicked on one spot and he walked the other way, this game would be the best game for today.  Nice job.  I like his hat......

hehe penish...
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Timosity

That game was soooo yesterday, sequels never live up to the standard

jannar85

Great game! I love it! I love everything by you!

Wohoo! Ignac rules, and so are you!
It's not a joke - it's real!

I loved the characters. Really, really great - and the backgrounds - woaw!

But seriously... Now, do the real Ignac2! ;) :P

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

remixor

Woohooo!  Best game ever!!   8)

Seriously though, I actually kind of liked the squigly animated background style.. sort of reminds me of the Peanuts television show.  I have a strange desire to make a whole game in that style...
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Scummbuddy

Yeah, the backgrounds were suttle enough not to give me a headache, and I wouldnt mind playing a game in that style.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Joacim Andersson

I'm stuck...
Spoiler
I found the key under the rug and entered the forest where I talked to the dwarf and got the ring. After falling into the river I climbed up on the rocks and killed the squirrel, so I've got the nuts. I also found the shaker up the strange tree... But now I can't leave, every time I try to climb down the tree and fall and break my back. How do you come down from the tree?
[close]
Great game by the way, I really enjoy the graphics  :)

Igor

Hehe, thanks guys  ;D I knew you'll agree it's the best game ever.

Scummbuddy- yeah, i had an idea some time ago, about making a little game (or a secret area in full game) that would take place inside of Ignac writing pad- you'd have to draw yourself a door to exit etc. With similar shaky graphics as here, except not quite as horrible ;)
But i'll see about that.

Joacim:
Spoiler
There are two solutions to this puzzle:
1. either you combine nuts, dead squirrel and drunken dwarf to get a rocket... which will lounch you into orbit, where it will run short of gas and you'll fall back on the ground.

2. or you jump from the tree.
[close]

jannar85

Wow! That's great to hear Igor! :D
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

edmundito

Lol.. I just fell for it. It's been 4 days after apr. 1 and I already forgot about it! :P

I liked the effect on the background, tho.. very childish :P

btw: Hey, Igor, does the monkey to my left look familiar to you? ;)
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Scummbuddy

-Hoagie from DOTT

Czar

yeah, only I cant find it on my hard no more
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

jetxl

Did you just do the SAME april fool joke as last year?

Czar

lol, look at them dates:)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

rookworm3

Fell for it again this year (until I saw the actual thread, that is)

By the way, where is the real Ignac2?????

Igor

Just noticed this came back from the dead :)

Rookworm3- it's still in work. Hopefully we'll have time to wrap everything together by the end of this year.

Kyle

For that matter, what ever happened to the first Ignac? I never got a chance to play it...

Czar

Thats a game factory M.A.D.E, but if you google it you can find it.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

remixor

Good God, I'm retarded.  Despite my having posted in this thread when it was new, I just noticed it again and thought "New Ignac?!  Wooo!"  Man, I'm losing it...
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Igor

This thread has obviously a life on its own. It mysteriously appears every 1.April. It almost fooled me too... for a moment i thought "oh look, i finally finished that game and i didn't even know it" :)

Scummbuddy

sorry, i thought id be a goof and bring this back, just to see peoples reactions...

igor strikes again.... without even trying.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Chicky

OMFG! IGNAK IS OUT!

oh wait its just another april the 9th joke

-OSC

Nacho

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Fri 09/04/2004 18:53:01
sorry, i thought id be a goof and bring this back, just to see peoples reactions...

igor strikes again.... without even trying.

>:(  >:(  >:(
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Czar

Oh sorry guys! I totally forgot about this.
It was my turn to follow the tradition.
:)

C.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Czar

The funny thing is that this link once worked... :)

C.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

helpls

Scummbuddy

-Hoagie from DOTT

Yvonne

Quote from: Igor on Tue 01/04/2003 19:01:43
Featuring:
- Hi-color and hi-res graphics
- Film Quality animation
- Challenging puzzles
- 10+ hours of gameplay

Download this masterpiece here: http://maniac.adventuredevelopers.com/downloads/Ignac2.zip
I cannot Download - Page Not Found???

Scummbuddy

read the whole thread, or don't worry about it.  >:(
-Hoagie from DOTT

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

People are still falling for this one? Heh. This thread might well become the next "Ags shareware" thread.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Igor

Haha, this is just too funny! :)

Igor

Ok, i guess it's time to post a bit more from game to somehow justify this thread (nope, no april fool this time):

Scummbuddy

oh..... sweet..... jesus.

thank you so much for the update. you know we all love to see what you have got going on.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Kweepa

Mamma!
Work faster, damn your eyes!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Igor

Thanks Scummbuddy and Steve! :)
I know i'm a bit sparse with infos lately, but really don't want to spoil the game too much.. was actually thinking about releasing gameplay demo some time ago, but figured it will be better to put out everything in one piece.. i hope you won't need to wait too long.. ;)

jason

:o oh man, that's incredible, Igor!

danny*

Amazingly amazing stuff!!
(As usual!!) :D :D

Vel

Al_Ninio

Awesome stuff, Igor, as usual! (And pretty inspirational too. For me, anyway. :))
Now get that damn portfolio website finished already! (Or have you done that already without telling us? :o)

And as a side note:  Danny's back!!!!!
^_^

rookworm3

Wow!  :o Those are beautiful. I am so looking forward to this game!

hedgefield

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!  ;D You just resolved my age-old quest for Ignac. I once played it, and it dissapeared into the jungle of files on my HD. Years later I wanted to play 'that game with the little guy with the funny hat', but I had NO idea where to look. And after all these years, here it is...*sniff* this is great.

And Ignac 2 looks freaking amazing! :o

Czar

This is truly some Igor type stuff. Color, detail and deformation are the name of the game. Amazing.
(although you are recycling only to impress us! With success. You devil! ;D)

I also wanted to say that i was reflecting on trailers and stuff lately, and I figured out that a well made trailer/promo material can make the anticipation bigger, thus making the enjoyment of finally playing the game - a LOT bigger.
I noticed these things these weeks when i was watching Lost (some people on an island, bla bla, nice), and I noticed that sometimes i value the dramatic moments more than i would usually.
People can be blind and you have to point out the highpoints/plot thickenings for them.

i.e. If a game came out on the market and was perfect in every aspect, but had almost no advertising, and a game that had a good demo (let's say GF, MI3 even), that could also be brilliant, I think I could value the latter game more because of the anticipation buildup.

What I think you should do now is re-advertise the Ignac 2 promo video, because it really has been that long. :)

C.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

magintz

mmmm..... eye candy

must play game!
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Azure

Wow that is looking awesome, and I agree re-release the trailer ! BTw I think I recorded some " Blah Blahs" for this aaaaaaaggges ago, do you still have 'em?
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Igor

Thanks for all this great feedback :) Appreciate it, really!

Czar- just working on a homepage for Ignac, i'll put up all related stuff there.. including the trailer :) Hm, maybe it would also be time to finally make a thread in "games in production" forum..

Azure- hey, nice to hear from you again! Sure thing about voices- they are great and i'm using them in game :) Hope you'll be willing to do some more when needed?

Czar

Well, you should make a thread only if you are more than 70% done and think that you have a more or less firm deadline, because i've read somewhere that things that get announced before started(or something like that) are usually already doomed.

But I'm 100% certain that won't be the case with Ignac. The only thing you are dragging us about (is this a valid phrase) is the deadline.
GIVE US THAE GAMe0rz!

Keep up the good work  :), C.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk