Broken images on the gamesdatabase page

Started by arj0n, Wed 25/02/2015 18:54:16

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

I was wondering why the uploaded images in the CGA Screensaver's gamedatabase page are broken as soon as their url is transformed into the adventuregame studio url.
(http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/images/games/<image>)

This is how the gamedatabase page images look in my browser at home and at my job:
Spoiler

[close]

While in the forum's complete games thread, the images does show up properly.

Cassiebsg

I've noticed the same problem on the DB before, but have no idea why it's doing that. Communication problem maybe?
Try re-uploading the images.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

All game images are mirrored to the AGS server.  But apparently it's not working right now for some reason.  Was fine recently, but seems to have broken somehow!  I'll take a look when I get the chance.

arj0n

Quote from: AGA on Wed 25/02/2015 19:06:49
I'll take a look when I get the chance.
Cool, thanx. No hurries.

Note:
A few days ago I uploaded the same images but in a lower resolution, 600x465, and these did show correctly.
But as they didn't look that well in that lower resolution, I decided yesterday to upload the originals ones again, which are 1038x805.
And these did look good until they were mirrored.

AGA

Oh, it might be something to do with the non standard resolutions.  I'll try to work it out!

arj0n

In the meantime I uploaded them in a proper resolution, they are shown properly. So yes, must have been the weird resolution I guess.

EDIT:
Darn, the 1024x768 versions doesn't show up properly either now in the games db...

AGA

Image uploads are a bit broken, and I've been planning to rework them for a while.  This is a good excuse to sort it out!

arj0n

Billbis

Our game image isimpacted impacted to. :~(
Should we consider modifying the image to one of the "authorized" resolution before the upload?

arj0n

I did try the regular 1024x768 resolution. Same problem.

Slasher

images for JACK have also gone haywire...

Stupot

Something if note that may help solve this (or not):
When I uploaded the three shits for Power Nap, they initially didn't load. But After only replacing the first, main image with a smaller thumbnail, suddenly all three were working properly and not just the one I replaced.

Hope that is in some way interesting.

AGA

Please don't upload shits to the AGS server.  You have no idea the problems that causes.

Ahem.  I'll see if what you said helps me identify the problem!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk