Should day of the Tentacle have a sequel?

Started by selmiak, Fri 27/02/2015 03:47:54

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

Like more crazy graphics and an even weirder story spanning more times?

Or be Tim Schafer in a MMORPGRLS and create more realities?

Gurok

It should and Day of the Tentacle should be playable inside it.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stupot

I'd play it. I don't 'need' a sequel but I'd play it.

Mandle

Quote from: Gurok on Fri 27/02/2015 03:56:51
It should and Day of the Tentacle should be playable inside it.

Which would mean that Maniac Mansion is also playable inside that...In fact I think Tim Schafer already said the same thing in the video where he plays DOTT...

selmiak

Of course! but how should it be called?

maniac mindsion? Ghosts of the past? octopussys unite? dott2? mm3? dr. fred's revenge? nuse edna's night out?

Fitz

It should be called "Doug of the Tennapel" and should be made using claymation. Seriously! The squeeky clean 3D look just doesn't do anything for me. And just upping the resolution on the cartoony animation might not be the answer, either. There was some weird magic to these huge pixels, some rawness that's hard to replicate. And I want my DOTT sequel to be raw and crazy and twisted.

Monsieur OUXX

Day of the tentcale is definitely fit for a sequel, since the story is this kind of linear B-movie script that doesn't really need any build-up. As long as it's fun, it works. I'd say the main reason why DotT is so immersive is mostly its directing. The intro's camera angles and dialogs are brilliant. The final showdown with future Purple can also be classified as "directing".

Long things short: yes, it would be easy to make a sequel, and it would be awesome. YET they would screw it up. They always do. Because they have no idea how to manage a canon: too much fan service, too much hype, too little bold décisions. Also they'd make it triple-A. Hence, even less creativity in the end. Ugh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk