PROJECT LOST - Demo soon to be available.

Started by Glenjamin, Sat 28/02/2015 20:17:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenjamin

Hello there everyone! I'm here to tell you about my in development game, Project Lost! (To be named later in development)

Project lost takes place on a deserted island where the player, a lone sailor, washes ashore. As the player begins to explore and survive on the island, they soon realize it is inhabited by terrifying and grotesque otherworldly creatures that only have malicious intentions for them. The player must explore, survive, and find out what's going on.

Stay alive

The player must find food and water in order to stay alive. Resources will be scarce and finite, not only giving them an incentive to explore, but also giving a clear and justified time limit. ( you lose when all resources run out)
Mechanics may consist of:
Chopping wood for a fire
Picking fruits for food
Finding weapons and light sources
Making a stable shelter

The choice is yours
This game will be completely open to the player from the start. The player can move to whatever area they please. As a result, the story is directly impacted and can play out in a variety of ways. Because of this, I've kept the story very open with no clear motive.

They're always watching you

The main focus of project lost will be the monsters and how they interact with the player. Each monster will be drastically different from the others, have an impact on the story,and have a strange and outlandish design. The game progresses when the player chooses to kill, ignore, or appease a monster. These actions will directly impact the story. Each monster is designed to pinpoint specific phobias and symbolize something through their actions. What they symbolize  is up to you! One of the main assets that will fuel the game's popularity is fan speculation. None of details or implications will be too heavy handed so theres plenty of room to keep guessing.

Some anticipated monster designs are:
A monster that is completely invisible to the player and must be avoided using the sounds it makes.
A monster that controls the players mind and misdirects button inputs.
A monster that entices the player with valuable resources like food and water.
An undefeatable monster that triggers when the player has killed too many monsters.
A monster that is gigantic and can attack the player at random.
A monster that cannot hurt the player but the player must kill to progress. (Designed to make the player feel guilt)
A monster that constantly stalks the player in the background. (Designed to invoke paranoia)
A monster that subtly appears whenever negative events occur. (Designed to fuel fan speculation.

Screenshots of the current in-development demo:

I've Told all there is to tell at this point. The demo will be released very soon and I'm extremely excited! :grin:
Thanks everybody!

Mandle

Sounds awesome! But are you sure you posted the correct screenshots?

Glenjamin

Although there was an issue posting the screenshots originally, now everything is set.
Since the demo is a prequel to the game, the environment is drastically different.

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk